Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any hard to steal chromies?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 09:30 PM
afr0puff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any hard to steal chromies?

When I was a kid, the big thing to steal were chromies. Are there any out there take take longer than usual to remove so the kids would give up on my car and move to the next one?
Old 02-04-2003, 10:11 PM
chazzg

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=12453-20656
Attached Thumbnails Any hard to steal chromies?-12453-20656_box.jpg  
Old 02-05-2003, 05:07 AM
Zaphod 350z

I put those on Saturday. They rock. I can't wait to laugh at the little bastards that try to grab them. I'll catch them trying and then steal their bikes and throw them up in a tree. Little bastards.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:22 AM
cotmfk

Originally posted by Zaphod 350z
I put those on Saturday. They rock. I can't wait to laugh at the little bastards that try to grab them. I'll catch them trying and then steal their bikes and throw them up in a tree. Little bastards.
lol
Old 02-05-2003, 07:26 AM
afr0puff

man... am i glad I never met you when I was a kid. But I was really good at it. I once scored 4 chromies off a ZR-1 with the guy sitting in the car. I used to get pissed when someone would steal my stolen ones off my bike.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. LOL!
Old 02-05-2003, 08:21 AM
Zaphod 350z

Originally posted by afr0puff
man... am i glad I never met you when I was a kid. But I was really good at it. I once scored 4 chromies off a ZR-1 with the guy sitting in the car. I used to get pissed when someone would steal my stolen ones off my bike.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. LOL!
Here's a funny story for you. First off, I did do it as a kid, but never off sports cars. Anyway, the story....

2 summers ago I woke up one morning to find that the chrome caps had been stolen off my S4. The weekend before, my brother had his stolen off his new vette. There are kids that zoom up and down my block on bikes and I knew it was one of them, just not sure which. Everytime I saw them I would yell in their direction "which one of you little ****** stole my valve caps?! I know it was one of you, i'm gonna find out who!" all day this went on. I had since gone to strauss to get replacements. Later on in the day a friend of mine pulls up in his S4, just as some kids on passing by on bikes. My friend happens to be a rather tall black man, and I live in a prodominently white irish neighborhood. I yell over to him from my deck, "hey drew, grab those kids and find out which one of them stole my valve caps. i figure I'll send the big black guy to collect for me!" He gives them a menacing look and they take off like roaches when the light's turned on.

The next morning I wake up and my brother comes up to me laughing holding an envelope which he hands to me telling me it was on the front walkway when he got up that morning. I open it up and these kids must have given me every single chrome valve cap they ever stole. Seriously there were like 20 caps in there. We had a good laugh.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:03 AM
NASTY_Z

LMFAO
Old 02-05-2003, 10:43 AM
afr0puff

The next morning I wake up and my brother comes up to me laughing holding an envelope which he hands to me telling me it was on the front walkway when he got up that morning. I open it up and these kids must have given me every single chrome valve cap they ever stole. Seriously there were like 20 caps in there. We had a good laugh.
Oh god that's classic! But I wouldn't be satisfied until they developed some technology that would shock the hell out of them bastards when you try to unscrew one. Or have it dispense krazy glue so the kid gets stuck with his hand on it!
Old 02-05-2003, 10:58 AM
mytalon

I'm guilty too. When I was a kid my frien dand I went to Disney, we spent most of the afternoon in the parking lot stipping cars of their chromies, we must have had a at least a 100 are little pockets were bulging. Ahhhh the memories
Old 02-06-2003, 07:12 AM
shagz

I don't know man...NEVER stole anything...ever.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:03 AM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

I never heard the word "chromies" before this thread and must be too old (34) to have been involved in the trend of stealing them. A majority of cars still had hub caps back when I was riding a bike.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Zaphod 350z

Originally posted by perfectlyfrank
I never heard the word "chromies" before this thread and must be too old (34) to have been involved in the trend of stealing them. A majority of cars still had hub caps back when I was riding a bike.
then you must have never heard of the "roll on chromies"!!

..."i stop but the chrome keep rolling..."
Old 02-06-2003, 12:06 PM
ProjectGoose

Originally posted by mytalon
I'm guilty too. When I was a kid my frien dand I went to Disney, we spent most of the afternoon in the parking lot stipping cars of their chromies, we must have had a at least a 100 are little pockets were bulging. Ahhhh the memories
[sarcasm] and afterward, did you and your friend go to the sock hop to meet Potzie and Ralph Malph for malts, too? [/sarcasm]

I guess i am just too young...

Last edited by ProjectGoose; 02-06-2003 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:41 PM
cotmfk

then you must have never heard of the "roll on chromies"!!

..."i stop but the chrome keep rolling..."
When I think of chromies, I think of the rims I have on my VR-4...as in my sig.... I thought you guys were talking about chrome wheels before I opened the thread up!
Old 02-06-2003, 01:53 PM
mytalon

Originally posted by ProjectGoose
[sarcasm] and afterward, did you and your friend go to the sock hop to meet Potzie and Ralph Malph for malts, too? [/sarcasm]

I guess i am just too young...

<sarcasm>No! then we had malts with Mickey and Minny, Donald and Goofy too.</sarcasm>