2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The Maxima is Faster

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 08:03 AM
vission

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool The Maxima is Faster

Is how Nissan is Marketing the Z.

Almost, every one of the Maxima commercials I have seen shows the Maxima crusing, speeding, zooming.

Talk about a cool commercial, if you guys have seen the Maxima commercial that shows the Maxima chasing the Sunset, that has to be one of the sweetest commercials I have seen.

Now that would have made a perfect Z commercial.

But all I have ever seen is Z commercials with still pictures. Yes the Z might have been moving in "some" of those commercials, it still didn't project (to me at least) the same power, aggressiveness, or speed that the Maxima commercials have. I hope Nissan lets the people who do the Maxima commercials take a shot at a Z commercial.

The Z commercials are nice, dramatic, etc. But they aren't cool, or awesome.

Vission

Performance, Super-Black, Aero
Old 11-18-2002, 08:08 AM
whatever
Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think with the Z, Nissan is selling an image. It's leveraging the history of the Z. Since the previous Z were all consider one of the top performers of it's era, I don't think Nissan need to try to sell to potential Z buyer that the 350Z will be a performer. On the other hand, the Maxima doesn't have the legacy that the Z has so they are trying to create a new image of a top performing sedan.
just my 2 cent on a monday morning....
Old 11-18-2002, 08:26 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

The current Z ads seem to be "teasers" that just show glimpses of the car and hint at it shistory and the significance of this new model. I expect that this is just to whet people's appetite and raise their curiosity so they think of the car as something special. My guess is that after this initial campaign, future ads will show a lot more of the car.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:42 AM
WashUJon

How about the Maxima commercial with the paint peeling off from the high speed? If that doesn't scream thin paint, I don't know what does! LOL

Old 11-18-2002, 08:48 AM
SandMan

A Z driving down the road is a commercial in itself. When you see the faces of all the people staring in awe, when you see kids howling praise, or when you see someone almost hit a car or run a red light because they are staring at your car, doesn't that seem like Nissan saying "Yep you just saw a 350Z, isn't it nice?" Well that's how I see it. Nissan doesn't need to overdo their Z commercials.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:05 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by whatever
I think with the Z, Nissan is selling an image. It's leveraging the history of the Z. Since the previous Z were all consider one of the top performers of it's era, I don't think Nissan need to try to sell to potential Z buyer that the 350Z will be a performer. On the other hand, the Maxima doesn't have the legacy that the Z has so they are trying to create a new image of a top performing sedan.
just my 2 cent on a monday morning....
I'm totally with you on that one. The Z has a legend behind it. I get excited every time I see a billboard or a commercial about the Z. They have to try to "sell" their Maxima, and we all already want the Z!
Old 11-18-2002, 09:33 AM
vission

Default Valid Points.

Yeah, but when people do say wow nice car, etc etc.

Nearly all ask if it's the Audi TT or psssibly a new Porsche? I of course say No, it is a Nissan 350Z. Now had I not been there to tell them, these people may just go ahead and assume it is an Audi, and who knows end up at an Audi dealership or a Porsche dealer. For most dealers that's winning half the battle. Besides, living in Northern Northern, VA. there are no billboards, and rarely does anyone see a Z on the road, nor is there hardly any Nissan Dealers in my area. So the commercials are all most of us even have.

Now I'm talking about the masses, not the die-hard Nissan fans, or people who owned, drooled over or really appreciates the history of the Z. Of course, these people don't need to know.

I just hate the thought of people thinking my beautiful Z is an Audi TT. Besides, most of my co-workers, friends etc luv my car, but if you are sitting around talking about car commercials, the Z would probably never come up. But you mention those Maxima commercials, and you think wow.

Anyways, it's all just my opinion on the matter.

Vission

Performance, Super-Black, Aero.

Last edited by vission; 11-18-2002 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:37 AM
N74DV

don't worry guys..... I work in automotive advertising. One of the ad agencies I work for has some stock running footage for the 350Z. Impressive stuff. Give it a few months and you'll see new spots with more action.

In fact.... I'll see if I can sneak some out.... and post some links to some of it.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:39 AM
vission

Default Now that would be awesome.

Thanx.
Vission
Old 11-18-2002, 09:40 AM
whatever
Veteran

I still think the best Z ads I seen is by the Oakland Coliseum (ok, ok, it's call Network Associate Coliseum) It has 3 huge bill board one right after another. First one showing the Z in motion, the 2nd one shows a top down view of the z and the 3rd just show the Z logo. Very effective I must say. Put a smile on my face everytime I drive past it. For Bay Area folks... worth the drive from 880 North bound by the Coliseum.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:23 AM
cotmfk

The Maxima commercials are good, and for the points mentioned above. The Maxima has always been Nissan's performance sedan... they just haven't suceeded in making people know that it is one, obviously (seeing as how people are saying that they are just starting to market it as one).

After the Z insanity has slowed down a bit, they will put some different commercials of the car and actually showing it off... more like the Max ones.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:42 AM
vin1024

Originally posted by WashUJon
How about the Maxima commercial with the paint peeling off from the high speed? If that doesn't scream thin paint, I don't know what does! LOL

**** that's funny. that's exactly what i thought when i saw it. nissan super black actually is that thin. just ask my superblack max.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

They have the exact same HUGE billboards all around the sports complex in South Philly as well. I was there this weekend to see the Flyers, Sixers and Eagles play and there is some MAJOR advertising going on for the Z. But it is very subtle.

Basically, WE are the advertizing for the 350Z and Nissan doesn't even have to pay us! In fact, we paid them. Eventually they will have to put out more commercials/print ads, but right now, they don't need them.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:01 AM
I want a 350Z

Hey I was just wondering, what's the name of hte song in the commercial when the Maxima is making the sun rise....If anyone could tell me, it would be very much appreciated.
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2002, 11:02 AM
SandMan

Originally posted by I want a 350Z
Hey I was just wondering, what's the name of hte song in the commercial when the Maxima is making the sun rise....If anyone could tell me, it would be very much appreciated.
Tom's Diner by Susan Vega
Old 11-18-2002, 11:03 AM
vin1024

Originally posted by I want a 350Z
tom's diner
Old 11-18-2002, 11:04 AM
Winkin

When was the last time you saw a Vette, Porsche, Ferrari, or even S2K commercial?

These cars don't seem to have a problem selling themselves.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:17 AM
ScottC

Arrow

I think they are not marketing the Z very hard because they are sold before they are even made. If you dont have to spend money on ads then why spend the money? Just a thought.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:30 AM
mcduck

I agree with what some others have said... we are the advertising for the new Z.. everytime we go out for a drive.

I'll grant that someone may mistake what the car is the first time they see and, if they don't ask, may not know better for a while. For the record... I've never had someone mistake my Z for an Audi TT, but have had it misidentified as a Porsche twice.

However, how many times have people taken time to ask you about your new Z. And of those times, how many times have you painted a negative image of it... none, I bet. It is simply a fantastic car at its current price or even if it was priced a little higher.

Sure, there are some minor issues that should be addressed, but I have not once, when asked how I like my new Z, been compelled to do anything but grin from ear-to-ear and say.. "you see how good it looks... well driving it is like looking at it... only 100 times better."

You can't get that kind of advertising in a 30-second tv commercial...

Quick Reply: The Maxima is Faster