Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Have anyone sell the car to CARMAX ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Black Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have anyone sell the car to CARMAX ?

My Z is coming in Dec 3 and my nissan dealer tell me.My 2002 VW GTI 1.8T 5 spd have 17000 mi with leather,sunroof and 17"wheels worth $13500 to trade in. I know my car worth more then a KIA .I put my car in the Auto Trader for 3 weeks and no one call .I m thinking selling my car to CARMAX just wondering has anyone sell the car to CARMAX yet?

Thanks
Old 11-18-2002, 01:58 PM
lauderdale75

Default I did

I sold my car to CarMax. Im fairly confident that I could’ve got more for the car on the private sale market, however I only learned of my delivery date with about a week’s notice. Since I needed the proceeds from the sale immediately, I took my car to CarMax. The appraisal process takes about 45 minutes and they offer you an appraisal which is good for 10 days or 300 miles. The transfer was fairly simple since I already had the title to my car, free of liens (although I don’t know if the result will change if you did finance your car). Incidentally, there is a slight disparity between various CarMax dealers, so if you have two or more, within an area, I suggest you visit both. Also, please note that some car dealers may also purchase your car for cash. Additionally, I suggest you go through the phone book, as some used car dealers will also purchase your car for cash. Best of luck and congratulations on the new car. Let me know if I can help out with any other inquiries.
Old 11-18-2002, 02:10 PM
Black Z

Thank you for your info, one more question did they gave you a trade in value price or a private sales price?
Old 11-18-2002, 02:43 PM
Todd

I sold my Acura TL outright to AutoNation after I got my Z. Nobody called about it, but I did get a little more than what the dealership ended up offering, just not what I was hoping for. The price was higher than KBB, but less than Edmunds. The sale was painless though.
Old 11-18-2002, 02:51 PM
WayneTN

Default TODD

Originally posted by Todd
I sold my Acura TL outright to AutoNation after I got my Z. Nobody called about it, but I did get a little more than what the dealership ended up offering, just not what I was hoping for. The price was higher than KBB, but less than Edmunds. The sale was painless though.
Todd,

You're talking about KBB and Edmunds trade-in, right?

WayneTN
Old 11-18-2002, 03:38 PM
2003z

I was gonna sell our '02 IS300 to carmax after having a total of 0 calls with 2 months of advertising it. There is no blue book yet on it, but they offered me a decent price. I then went to the Lexus dealer where I bought it, told them what I was gonna do, and they beat the carmax price by $100. It wasn't much, but it helped. Its still sitting on their lot 2 months later.

Its a great car, but Lexus spends nothing to advertise it.