Sponsored by:

Did anyone have any difficulty...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 07:13 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattduke1
Question for the roadster onwers: When the top is down, can you see the navigation screen or is it washed out? Have you had any problems with the top malfunctioning, tearing, or fading? What size luggage can you get in the trunk?

Thanks everyone for all your help.
I see my Nav just fine with the top down, however direct sunlight on the NAV will of course blur it out.

No problems with my Roadster, 913 miles, had it 3 months. BTW I use 303 protectant on the top and it beads like crazy when washing.

Luggage, Basically you can fit 2 golf bags back there, or is it one, I forget.

I can stick 2 medium size suitcases with plenty to spare for (2) other small bags. You can't cram a whole lot, but it suffices comapred to other convertibles.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Rocks Wit VoX

Wink

Originally Posted by mattduke1
I really do appreciate all your repsonses. You guys are great. I really don't care about taking it to the track. I had almost decided on the coupe but after reading the posts I think I may be leaning towards the convertible. The picture of the blue roadster is beautiful to me. I guess I'm just nervous that the roadster won't "last" as long as the coupe would. Does that make sense? Especially with just a 3 year warranty, my mind is telling me the roadster will cause me more problems in the long run.

Question for the coupe owners: Why isn't there an option for a sunroof? Can it be done?

Question for the roadster onwers: When the top is down, can you see the navigation screen or is it washed out? Have you had any problems with the top malfunctioning, tearing, or fading? What size luggage can you get in the trunk?

Thanks everyone for all your help.
If ur not lookin into the track, def. go roadster. superb looks, great performance, plus with the top down, u get to hear ur exhaust sooo much better as opposed to "rolling down my window" with the coupe. as far trunk size goes, ehh it doesnt go. liek the guy above said, u can fit like a golf bag in it and like, maybe some milk, and if u cram , ull definatly have room for a folder or two . i have heard of "pinholes" forming in the passenger's side of the top. ive had mine for about alittle more than a month now and havent noticed anything at all, no malfunctioning plus it lucks kick *** when that big piece of ur cars *** goes up, i always get a look or two after that. good luck!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:00 PM
ohw

Had mine for about a year now, I have no problem with the top at all. If you worry about it, get the Nissan extended warranty, I bought it for this exact reason. The trunk space is limited. Make sure you check it before buying. It fits one golf bag. I squeezed in an additional junior bag.

With that said, if I have to do it over again, it will definitely be the Roadster.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed. Get the roadster if your just looking for a pleasure cruiser. You'll thank yourself for doing it on the days you can put the top down.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:21 PM
zmespeed

convertables kick azz. but the z does not look to goo with the soft top up and with it donw its good looking. but with the hard top its breath taking. and all the stuff about weitght price and stuff im kinda glad i got that coupe. but i still roll the windows down all the time for that air, and a convertable does a much better job