Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Yellow Z not popular?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:34 AM
n8236

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like really like the yellow, but sometimes I think it might be too much sometimes. Maybe one of these days they'll have a color shifting car to adjust to my mood lol.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Mantis3024

Originally Posted by PDX_Racer
The Z screams "look at me." Yellow screams "look at me!"

Imagine the same bright yellow as the SpecV or Xterra, then add gold metallic flake. The color stands out, and does even more so when the sun is out.
+1
The Z gets enough attention already no matter what color it is. I think the yellow Zs are cool and I like to look at it but I'd never drive one. Besides that, the color is bright and flat so you won't get much of a reflection out of it after a nice zaino job.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:50 AM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
lol.. it`s completely preferential with yellow. For most people who don`t care about what color the car is, they wont care and go for silver/white/black. But for the most part, people who get red/blue/orange/yellow are the people who prefer those color cars.
i cared a lot about what color my z is and i got black
Old 04-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
i cared a lot about what color my z is and i got black
meh, I know what you mean. i got SS because I wanted it too.

When I said that DB, RL, and UY are preferential colors, I wasn`t trying to say that SS, SB, PPW, and CS were not. I was basically trying to say that silvers and whites and black are more common.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:27 AM
FLZ_Boy

I must be driving a chicks car since its yellow.............
Old 04-17-2005, 11:38 AM
xxlbeerZ

I think yellow would be more popular if Nissan's hadn't gone with French's Mustard yellow. The shade of yellow they use (bus, taxi?) is gross.

If they had went with something like Porsche, Lambo, Audi, etc. uses (nice and bright), then it would have been better.

However, the worst color on the Z isn't the yellow (second worst), IMO the WORST color is PPW. I actually like white, but on the Z the bumpers don't even match. The splash guards are also a different shade of white. Why release a pearl white color if they can't even formulate paint to be close to matching on different surfaces? (I know all colors don't match exactly on the bumpers, but the PPW white is a totally different hue, the bumpers look like someone pissed on them!).

I went with SS b/c I work next to a rock factory and there's so much dust. If I worked somewhere else I would have went with black, b/c black with black wheels + polished lip looks hot.

Last edited by xxlbeerZ; 04-17-2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:50 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

>> I think yellow would be more popular if Nissan's hadn't gone with French's Mustard yellow. The shade of yellow they use (bus, taxi?) is gross.

Ditto. I see it when I drive by dealerships sometimes, and they could have picked a better yellow.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Alonjar

Originally Posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
>> I think yellow would be more popular if Nissan's hadn't gone with French's Mustard yellow. The shade of yellow they use (bus, taxi?) is gross.

Ditto. I see it when I drive by dealerships sometimes, and they could have picked a better yellow.
Yes, that sums up my view perfectly. Nicely put lol
Old 04-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Edison_Chen

Yellow is nice... I like it being a rare color so far. In Canada only the 35th Anniversary Edition comes in yellow
Old 04-17-2005, 12:40 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love yellow, My bike is yellow and black and I wouldnt mind having a yellow Z however Im not a fan of the OEM yellow color nissan offers.

each to their own.

Its not bad but not my cup of tea. Does that make it a bad color? not at all. I'm just not a big fan.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Amnbex

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
IMO the WORST color is PPW. I actually like white, but on the Z the bumpers don't even match. The splash guards are also a different shade of white. Why release a pearl white color if they can't even formulate paint to be close to matching on different surfaces? (I know all colors don't match exactly on the bumpers, but the PPW white is a totally different hue, the bumpers look like someone pissed on them!).
Matches fine on my dad's and its a 2004.5 PPW Touring.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:25 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

I don't just think that's a PPW problem, because I've seen a lot of Z's without matching parts. It's probably the primer or texture. Even my SS Z's bumper is very slightly different. And I've seen blues that make me wonder why people accepted them!
Old 04-17-2005, 02:27 PM
PDX_Racer

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I love my yellow Z. It combines the best yellow that Nissan makes (SpecV/Xterra/Frontier yellow) with metallic.

My original choice was DB, but when they introduced the UY, I just had to have it. There are a few yellow cars in the lot of one of my clients, but there are only two yellow cars that stand out -- my UY Z and a yellow Mazda 3.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Destiny350Z

Wow Sensation, calm down a little!! I'm sure everyone cares about what color car they get, thats why I got PPW, I didn't want to wake up every morning to this yellow thing in my garage!! And I can't imagine waking up to anyother color then PPW!! Yellow, red, blue, green, pink, ect... are colors that you REALLY have to like to get a car that color!! A car isn't like a wall, if you don't like the color you just go to Home Depo, pick another color, and have them mix it! Its not cheap to paint a car if you don't like the color a month or two down the road! So people just pick the color that they know they are not going to get sick of seeing!! Yellow is just not everyones cup of tea, vodka, or what ever you like to drink! (PS not in any way, shape, or form calling Yellow Zs "things")

Last edited by Destiny350Z; 04-17-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Destiny350Z

[QUOTE=xxlbeerZ]
However, the worst color on the Z isn't the yellow (second worst), IMO the WORST color is PPW. I actually like white, but on the Z the bumpers don't even match. The splash guards are also a different shade of white. Why release a pearl white color if they can't even formulate paint to be close to matching on different surfaces? (I know all colors don't match exactly on the bumpers, but the PPW white is a totally different hue, the bumpers look like someone pissed on them!).
QUOTE]
My bumper matches because it had a little run in with a racoon and I had to get a new one, the colision center matched the color perfectly!!! Now on the other hand when Nissan put on my splash guards they didn't match
Old 04-17-2005, 04:05 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
Wow Sensation, calm down a little!! I'm sure everyone cares about what color car they get, thats why I got PPW, I didn't want to wake up every morning to this yellow thing in my garage!! And I can't imagine waking up to anyother color then PPW!! Yellow, red, blue, green, pink, ect... are colors that you REALLY have to like to get a car that color!! A car isn't like a wall, if you don't like the color you just go to Home Depo, pick another color, and have them mix it! Its not cheap to paint a car if you don't like the color a month or two down the road! So people just pick the color that they know they are not going to get sick of seeing!! Yellow is just not everyones cup of tea, vodka, or what ever you like to drink! (PS not in any way, shape, or form calling Yellow Zs "things")
Why should I calm down? I`ve been totally calm this whole time.. Kinda hard to tell over the internet though I suppose. Anyway, you basically said what i`ve been trying to say this whole time.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Destiny350Z

Why should I calm down? I`ve been totally calm this whole time.. Kinda hard to tell over the internet though I suppose. Anyway, you basically said what i`ve been trying to say this whole time.
Well I just know you get your undies in a twist sometimes!! Well I'm glad I could reinforce your point!!
Old 04-17-2005, 10:13 PM
n8236

So i visited a local dealer today and they had a Silverstone, Yellow, and Red. WOW, it was SO damn bright seeing the red and yellow next to each other lol. Not to mention it was a sunny day. I had to squint my eyes a bit to take a good look at the yellow closely. All the paint colors have these flakes, but it can't really be noticed far away.

For the yellow, it sure was bright. A very cofident color nontheless. In terms of relfectiveness, there wasn't very much compared to the red. But the red wasn't too reflective either (compared to a black car). But after washing my car (black rsx) and seeing all the unavoidable swirl marks, I decided to get prolly blue or red. I'd still consider the yellow, but still afraid of waking up one morning and regreting lol.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:22 PM
FLZ_Boy

Originally Posted by n8236
So i visited a local dealer today and they had a Silverstone, Yellow, and Red. WOW, it was SO damn bright seeing the red and yellow next to each other lol. Not to mention it was a sunny day. I had to squint my eyes a bit to take a good look at the yellow closely. All the paint colors have these flakes, but it can't really be noticed far away.

For the yellow, it sure was bright. A very cofident color nontheless. In terms of relfectiveness, there wasn't very much compared to the red. But the red wasn't too reflective either (compared to a black car). But after washing my car (black rsx) and seeing all the unavoidable swirl marks, I decided to get prolly blue or red. I'd still consider the yellow, but still afraid of waking up one morning and regreting lol.
At first you'll feel everyone eyeing a yellow Z, Afterawhile, you won't care your Z is yellow, just the people around you.

My brother drove my Z today and said it was an attention getter.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:08 AM
gymrat609

lol.. it`s completely preferential with yellow. For most people who don`t care about what color the car is, they wont care and go for silver/white/black. But for the most part, people who get red/blue/orange/yellow are the people who prefer those color cars.

Another thing is that yellow just came out for the 05 models, so it might take some time to see a bunch on the road, not to mention it costs $500 MORE than any other color to get a yellow Z
I had a 2003 Silverstone and really liked the color, but the UY made it that much more exotic and interesting. In the sun, there's nothing like the brilliant sparkle of the paint. I've had every other color out there and yellow just seemed different to me and I'm regretting it in the least.

TALK ABOUT A HEAD TURNER.

Quick Reply: Yellow Z not popular?