Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Should I replace my bose amp?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 11:08 AM
koolzero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I replace my bose amp?

Nissan service department called me today and said my amp is in. My car falls into the vin that is affected by the problem. The more I started reading about the problems people were having the more I realize I'm not having these problems (at least not in my opinion) At first I thought the radio was quite a bit bassy but the more I listened the more I like it. The radio volume doesn't go up and down drastically at all, and FM radio doesn't sound overly bassy, NAV sound perfect to me and CDs sound great. Either I'm not a huge audiophile or my car has one of the least problematic amps out there. I kind of think that I shouldn't have jumped on the bass amp bandwagon. The service department guy that called said he has to install it now that he ordered it, he said he can't send it back. I guess I have no choice now, do you think that I will regret it once it's replace? How much bass does the radio have once the amp is installed? I don't see how it could make my radio sound worse but just my luck I will get the opposite results than everyone else.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 11-22-2002, 03:51 PM
Z_Dragon_Lady

Default Bose Amp:

I had the same issue. My CD (which is what I listen to 97%of the time) sounds good. My volume on the radio does not go up or down. I do have one issue. The radio (when I do listen to it) sounds like I have it tuned to an AM station that is not recieving a good signal. I just had Nissan order the new Amp about five minutes ago. Wed. I will have it put in. I have picked three songs off my CD'S and I will make sure they sound as good if not better. (I figure the radio can't get much worse.) If the CD player does not sound as good I will have them put the original Amp back in.
I'll let you know.
Old 11-22-2002, 04:09 PM
archduke

Default I did the

switch of amps. IMO there is an improvement especially in the radio. I do miss the volume being automatically changed but NOT the Bass giving me a headache.
Attached Images  
Old 11-22-2002, 04:24 PM
Todd

The upgrade turns the auto volume control off??
Old 11-22-2002, 05:05 PM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

My car came with the new amp installed. I don't have any problems of volume variation. Do have a problem with muddy sound. I have a great CD of Paul Desmond and Gerry Mulligan on dueling saxaphones that I listen to a lot in my 3.2TL - also a Bose system. Lot of growly base with all kinds of dynamic range. Sound moves all around the cabin of the Acura. A great listening experience.

The CD sounds flat in the Z. Gets a bit crisper and cleaner when I set the fader to use only the front speakers. Not a terrible sound - just not great.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:07 PM
MacGuru

Actually, I recently had my Bose amp replaced and I did notice a signifigant difference. No boom, cleaner sound and auto volume (auto pilot) works properly. My only complaint, which is not related to the amp, is there should be better sound quality from rear speakers. I'll let you know more when I take her out this weekend. There will be a Long Island/NYC meet this Sunday 11/24 @ Nassau Collisium. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Cheers. -m