Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

More Random Questions about Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 11:40 PM
MikeNT256

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Random Questions about Z

Here's something completely random and I forgot to ask and can't find on the Nissan website. Does the Z come with a spare tire? Also, how does the Tire Pressure Monitor exactly work? Will it work with aftermarket rims and tires? Is it pretty accurate? Thanks guys for helping with all these newbish questions, i'm just tryin to cover everything before I sign the papers.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Sensation350Z

There`s a spare tire in the trunk.. Just got my Z a week ago, that`s really all I know =P
Old 04-22-2005, 11:43 PM
NorCal350

yes, the spare is not full sized, its under that mat in the trunk, and they should have told you that when you got it, I still got stock tires, but I know someone got the tirepressure gagues to work with there new rims, but I dont remember who, and im too tired to find the thread, maybe someone else will do it
Old 04-22-2005, 11:44 PM
MikeNT256

Haha okay cool, just making absolutely sure!!

How's the experience so far? Any annoyances or things to look out for? I've read and read and read about this Tire Feathering bs, but so far its been assumed fixed for 05, but we'll see. I'm surprised this site doesn't have a list of the TSB's/Recalls? I know we did for our Grand Am's on grandamgt.com
Old 04-22-2005, 11:46 PM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by NorCal350
yes, the spare is not full sized, its under that mat in the trunk, and they should have told you that when you got it, I still got stock tires, but I know someone got the tirepressure gagues to work with there new rims, but I dont remember who, and im too tired to find the thread, maybe someone else will do it
Thats cool. I haven't gotten mine yet, they unfortunately can't find the one I want and no one in michigan has one on their lot! Alls I wanted was a 05 5AT Enthusiast in lemans sunset! For some reason, I can't stand the corny-ness of the 17" wheels, I was hoping someone would be selling their 18" OEM Track VOLKS's but oh well, i've gotta hold off on modding, just enjoy the car as is first!

Just wanted to say thanks for replying to my thread guys, if you could, I just posted a thread regarding the Z and Winter, if you don't mind, comment on that thread as well, i'm trying to gather as much info as possible about the experience of driving a Z in winter, as I will HAVE to if I get the car this year.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:50 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
Here's something completely random and I forgot to ask and can't find on the Nissan website. Does the Z come with a spare tire? Also, how does the Tire Pressure Monitor exactly work? Will it work with aftermarket rims and tires? Is it pretty accurate? Thanks guys for helping with all these newbish questions, i'm just tryin to cover everything before I sign the papers.
yes, mini spare in trunk. tps(tire pressure sensor) attaches to valve stem and sends digital readout to dash. works with most a/m wheels, but some require modification.
btw, everything i just explained can be found in much greater detail by using the search function on this site.
good luck.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:21 AM
MikeNT256

Attaches to the valve stem? Like on the outside? I'm surprised I didn't notice!
Old 04-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Z BOY

Attaches to the valve stem? Like on the outside? I'm surprised I didn't notice!
on the inside.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:08 PM
MikeNT256

So basically the wheel has a small hole in the OEM rim. I guess that could be done then on aftermarket
Old 04-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Kruzr

Here is a pic of a regular valve stem and one with a TP sensor on it. It sends a radio frequency signal to the receiver. This is not from a 350z but are similar.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Z BOY

So basically the wheel has a small hole in the OEM rim. I guess that could be done then on aftermarket
ya, drill a hole in your a/m wheels. that's the ticket.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:19 PM
MikeNT256

I never actually said drill a hole in the aftermarket, I just figured it could be done somehow with the aftermarket.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Z BOY

I never actually said drill a hole in the aftermarket, I just figured it could be done somehow with the aftermarket.
bro, it can be done, and the answers to all your questions can be found by using the search function. i'm just trying to get you to research it on our site instead of spoonfeeding you. you learn more that way. educmacate yo sef.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:42 PM
MikeNT256

I hear ya..thanks Matt. I won't lie, sometimes I don't necessarily have the patience to search because every thread shows up with the word i'm looking for.

Now here's a new question. I'm reading that the rearward visability for the Z is just awful. I know I had some issues a few times, but it wasn't even really that bad. I was more focused on going forward than looking backwards, but I didn't have as much visability as i'd hoped. I may qualify with a Friends and Family discount on the G35 as well, and when I HAVE searched (See, I do yanno lol), it seems people have gotten rid of their Z's FOR G35's instead. Seems like the G doesn't have any more trunk space, it has just a tiny bit less gas mileage, and when I test drove one, I definately liked it as well. I guess i'm stuck in a rut now...which would be a better move? Again it'd be my daily driver, i'm gonna have to use it for work (commuting to certain clients houses/places of business for tutorial and lessons) and will have to carry my laptop and briefcase. The G had hardly a back space, but I don't remember complaining about rearward visability at all, while the Z's was sorta limited..whats your guy's opinion?
Old 04-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Z BOY

try choosing the "search titles only" option.
on my z, rear visibility is adequate, imo, but i turn my head a lot and depend on those little side windows behind the seat...if those were tinted too dark, it would be lots harder to check the blindspot.
z vs g: its your call, depending on your needs. need 4 seats sometimes? go with the g. is a baby in your near future?...g.
i travel to clients' homes, too. there's a little cardboard-backed rug in the storage space that i removed and put on the passenger seat, and i put my wheeled briefcase on top of that while i'm driving during work hours.
the g is heavier, and a little slower from the factory (no flaming, please) but also has a quieter ride due to more soundproofing.
personally, the z meets all my needs, and i like the lines/flow better than the g, imo.

Last edited by Z BOY; 04-23-2005 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:27 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

At age 62 I don't like to bend the old bones around any more than necessary to look back! LOL!

But I have not found the rear visability to be an issue while on the road. Between the mirrors & little side windows you will be able to see just fine. Parking lots are another matter. Its hard to see precisely what's comming when backing out. So I back into parking stalls when I know whats around and can pull out forwards when leaving.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:08 PM
MikeNT256

What are some things you guys cannot stand about the Z, that the G is different? I'm just tryin to make the best decision possible, I don't want to be like some of the people on here who have had the Z's then have traded in for G's, that'd be a loss of money to me. I just want to get some opinions though, I hate to sound so pesky or annoying. I'm just stressing so to speak because at first, I LOVED the G, but couldn't afford it, so I went to the Z and now have fallen in love with THAT car! Granted, I feel its going to be a tad more of a pain in my *** because of the less trunk space, lack of room in the interior and the tight suspension may prove to be a headache later, in Michigan with their god awful roads so the G sorta seems like a compromise, but STILL, a compromise at a price that I'm not sure i'm willing to pay.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:33 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

You need to take a good demo ride in both cars. I'm in Cali with good roads so Zzzz is fine. I'm not sure I'd want a Zzzz in an area where roads are chewed up by snow, ice & salt.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Z BOY

there's nothing i don't like about my z that having a g would cure.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:45 PM
rolling

as far as the ride goes... the Z suspention can be "fixed" with relativly cheap adjustable shocks.. ask me how i know heh you can go from rock hard ride and cornering to almost cadilac smoothness or anywhere inbetween, BEST upgrade I made for my $$$!!

Quick Reply: More Random Questions about Z