2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scratches..Scratches...Scratches....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 12:11 PM
Scanman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratches..Scratches...Scratches....

Picked up car two days ago and just washed it for the first time. Afterwards I noticed some very fine scratches all over the car (first time I got a good look at it), even the headlight lenses are scratched, some rather deep.

I'm no detailer but I do know the basics of car care and I am pretty certain these are not from my wash job.

I'm considering asking the dealer if they can buff these out at no cost to me since I truly believe they did this. By the way I did ask them NOT to wax the car in writing for fear of this very thing. I did however give them permission to wash it if neccesary.

CS track thanks
Old 11-23-2002, 12:50 PM
nosuchsol

Maybe they washed it. Do they have an express wash or a hand wash? I guess it depends on how *nice* the washer was. I'm sure that since it's a new car they should be kind enough to buff it out w/o any charge to your bank account. =) Is it pretty visible on the CS? I would imagine a silver car wouldn't show as much as a black car might.

GOOD LUCK!!!
Drew
Old 11-23-2002, 06:35 PM
roberto350z

i get mystery scrathes allllll the time. Swirl remover polish eliminates it rather nicely...
Old 11-23-2002, 07:17 PM
Dean

That's exactly why I requested that my 350Z was delivered without the complimentary "wash" by the minimum wage, high school drop out working at the dealer. I took one look at their prep area and decided that I'll take the car "as delivered" from the port. They were using soiled, stiff bristle brushes on the paint, wheels. windows, etc. I bet that a bad dealer prep was the source of your scratches.

Dean

Old 11-23-2002, 07:28 PM
mcduck

Noticed similar problem with my brickyard Z, though not nearly as bad as you describe. Zaino Z5 took most of the scratches away...
Old 11-23-2002, 09:27 PM
Scanman

My scratches can only be seen under oblique lighting conditions, in direct light they disapeare. Every time I look at the car it seems that I find more. I didnt think a simple wash could do this, I meen it looks like someone took very fine grit sand paper and rubbed a few places. I suppose a little rubbing compound will take them out....or maybe I'll take the plunge and go Zaino.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:29 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

woohooo super black and not a swirl mark on it yet. of course weekly wash and wax helps this. using 3 towels to wash the car. its not easy to keep a car swirl and scratch free, but its not impossible either.