Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Clear Bra in Houston?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Gish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clear Bra in Houston?

Does anyone know of a good place to get a clear bra installed in Houston and how much? Thanks

Gish
Old 11-23-2002, 07:29 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clear Tech Pro at 4846 Waynesboro in Houston quoted me $395 installed (bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors); 713-539-6700. I spoke with Steve, I think. I got their info. off the X-Pel website. He told me that all they do is Clear Bra installs, they only work with 3M Scotchcal, and they use the X-Pel pattern software to cut their kits. The following is a reply from another member who had his car done there after getting this info. from me.

ATC Ken
350z Newbie

Clear Bra Install - done (almost)
Well, I had the X-Pel clear bra installed today by Steve Perez of Clear Tech Pro in Houston. I'm sorry to say that I am not fully satisfied. The piece that was applied over the large front bumper does not reach up to the hood line and is uneven. Also one of the pieces that covers the right front fender has bubbles that I was told will probably stay there.

The good part - and credit to Steve of Clear Tech - is that he will replace both of the pieces I am dissatisfied with free of charge. He told me that the fender piece bubbled up as he was applying the light kit and felt that the bubbles under this piece wouldn't go away. The large bumper piece from the X-Pel kit just didn't quite reach high enough so he said he would try again if after a week or so I am still not satisfied. He said that the Z install was much harder than first anticipated because of all the curves.

Okay, so as to not be all negative, there are some nice aspects of the install. The mirror and light kit installs are very good with excellent coverage. The hood piece was well done and goes up to near mid hood for great coverage. And all of the install is not very noticeable. To be frank, I could probably live with the entire install (except the bubbling fender piece) but since Steve didn't seem totally pleased either, I'll probably take it back to have him "practice" again on the front bumper also.

Total price installed with light kit ordered from X-Pel (he cut the rest himself from the X-Pel pattern) was $445.00.

I'll post some pics soon.

Ken

I'll try to PM Ken and see if he had those parts redone and how it turned out. If you decide to get your car done there, I would appreciate a report. I'm also looking into kits by Invinca-Shield; they have a nicer hood/fender kit IMO, plus offer some front and rear behind the wheel well kits, so I might see if Clear Tech Pro can do the install for me with their bumper kit and the others that I order from Invinca-Shield. My car is not due in until Jan, but I may swing by sometime this week while I'm off to check the place out, or maybe we could hook up and go get some info. together? I'd love to meet up with someone local who's had their car for a while and discuss.
-Steve
Old 11-24-2002, 04:03 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

I have a friend may be able to help. He does tint/stereo as well.
Ask for Brandon.

Executive Motoring
2823 Hillcroft St
(713) 780-8000

Btw, if you guys are interested, I am trying to setup a mini-lunch meet today (Sunday) around 1pm at Cheddar's (Westpark / Beltway 8). Swing by if you are interested.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:54 AM
Gish

I am not in Houston right now guys but will be next week