2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

tax dollars hard at work - ticket for no front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 08:27 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tax dollars hard at work - ticket for no front license plate

4/21/2005 kinda sucked. Actually it was hilarious to see how are tax dollars at work. I was driving south bound on reseda blvd. and a lapd car was going north bound. The officer could not have been more obvious checking out my car and right then i new i knew i was going to get pulled over. mind you that this is rush hour traffic on reseda blvd and he had to make a u-turn to come get me. so he rolls up to my left at the stop light and i ignored him. as the light turned green he immediately gets behind me an flash the lights and siren. so i pull into the 76 station on plummer and reseda. officer comes to my drivers side window and said "i pulled you over for no front plates" thinking to myself this is pure BS. do you see corvettes, Porsches, Ferraris, or any sports cars get pulled over for this. I say NO. so i'm sitting in the car for 15 min as "the man" pulls my info to make sure i have no warrants. clean as a whistle baby. comes up to my window again and said " i could have given you a ticket for modified exhaust and modified suspension...blah blah blah." also he mentioned that g@y @ss movie fast & furious and street racing on the rise. big f'ing deal i told the officer i'm almost thirty (that sucked) and i haven't been part of that seen for almost a decade (d@mn i just dated my self.) so now i have to waste my time at van nuys court house and get a sheriff to look at my car sign off my ticket and pay $10. Okay this is my what 20th ticket for no plates but i refuse to put one ugly @ss plate on the front of my car. don't get me wrong i'm not mad it happened i just find it funny that he pulls me over for that B.S. infraction while sitting there two imports rev and speed through. Good work guys, i feel safe.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:53 AM
ANXIOUZ

$10 ain't bad at all. Can you stick your front plate in the windshield?
Old 04-25-2005, 08:55 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by maximZ
nope they'll still tax you for that.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:56 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by maximZ
I don't believe that is a feasible option in CA... well at least not in the SF Bay Area. I've gotten pulled over and ticketed on numerous occasions for my front plate being on the dash.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:02 AM
MirZa w da Z

Default 100 bucks

10 dollars tikcet is ok man .
i got pulled over by a black guy cop ( no offense) and he gave me ticket for $110 for noi front license plate .
Old 04-25-2005, 09:31 AM
nismo33
BoNe SToCK BaSe

Originally Posted by MirZa w da Z
i got pulled over by a black guy cop ( no offense) and he gave me ticket for $110 for noi front license plate .
yeah i had it that high before. it all depends on how they right the ticket. go figure.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:42 AM
engiNERD350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate the fact that corvettes would never get pulled over for that.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:52 AM
kamz

Originally Posted by engiNERD350Z
I hate the fact that corvettes would never get pulled over for that.
I actually knew a girl who has a vette and got pulled over so it happens to them to. Just depends on how much of a d*ckwad the cop is that you run into.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:56 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by MirZa w da Z
What does that have anything to do with it?
Old 04-25-2005, 10:50 AM
pyindeem

I 've got pulled over for the same reasons maybe twice in the past 4 yrs. To me it's not really a big deal but it bugs me when I knew couple of HPD that do not have front plate on their personal cars or suvs. Last time I got pulled over , I actually step out of the car and questioned the officer

Me: " why does it matter sir, just curious"

5.0: " well there was this situation where this lady in her white Mercedes , being robbed @ gun pt., and during dispatch other patrol vehicles, we need to be able to see the "front license plate" to identify the particular white mercedes,,,,,blah,,,, and she didn't have her front plate ,,,blah,,,,, we found her dead next day"

Me: "what about other highend cars, do you pull them over?"

5.0: " I've pulled over this particular viper about once a month , and he finally get it put on"

Me: " yeh...whatever ,, just give me the gawd dam ticket"
Old 04-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Built2shredZ

Comes down to if you look under 25 and driving a modified looking car, odds are your going to get harassed by the police since they are coming down on street racers... they figured anyone in there early 20's is a street racer <shrug>..

Not saying its right, but not having a front plate does give them a right to pull you over..
Old 04-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Jaki

Gotta love Florida

I don't think I've yet heard of any mod being illegal in FL

Also, that sucks about the ticket, but I don't blame you for not putting on the front plates. IMO front plates shouldn't be neccessary, and they just mess up the front end of the Z.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:18 PM
JonsilvZ

Some cops have nothing better to do. They should be looking for criminals then wasting time on not having a front plate. I got pulled over once when I put on a new front bumper but didnt have a plate. I just mailed a picture of the front plate on. Now I have the plate on the grill with 4 wires holding it. Not worth the hassle.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:19 PM
rocketrich

Nismo33, Sorry to hear about the fix-it ticket. My wife drove here Jetta to LAX once and got tagged. Its like the PD cruises the LAX parking lots just looking for this. I solved this problem with relocation. I moved from CA to PA...no front plate is required and I can readily get 93/94 Octane gas for about 30-40 cents/gallon cheaper than the 91 swill I used to get in CA. Now there are some months that I won't drive the Z here, and there are these things called potholes... but man you should see the fine country roads and lack of traffic! Cheers, Rich
Old 04-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Reggi914

vettes get away with more more often that euro exotics like ferraris and lambos. I know of many cases where ferraris got pulled over for no front plate.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

In a town of about 20,000 people....we have 10 cops out at any given time...its just a matter of time.

Sucks brah
Old 04-25-2005, 05:45 PM
E K

Sorry to hear that.

I just went to a CHP station today to get the front plate signed off on. Even at the station they were giving me a hard time. They were upset that I had backed into the space, so they had to walk outside to actually see the front plate. I told them that by the time I saw the parking space, I had already slightly passed it, so it was safer to back into the spot than reverse onto a busy street and try parking nose first. The cop just stared at me and I just stared back.

Then they hassled me about having drilled two small holes in the plate.

It just never ends. Last time the CHP cussed me out for no reason. I still have to file a formal complaint.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Balthazar

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
Oh brother, here we go....
Old 04-25-2005, 09:11 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
Just a harmless detail, as I interpreted it.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:35 PM
35oZephyR

I happened to come up behind a cop car at a stop light once.

When it turned green the cop drove off slowly, pulled into the next lane and slowed down to my speed (you gotta cruise like a granny in the presence of a cop right??) until we came to a stop at the next light.

He rolls down his window completely and looks at me. (aw shiet, what next?)

"Sir, you know I can cite an infraction on the absence of a license plate in the front of your car right?" (something along those lines)

"Um...yeah...i know..." (didn't want to act stupid)

"And that modified exhaust" (it was stock)

(I proceed to hesitantly argue...)
"But it's stoo....."

(he cuts me off)
"But I don't want to ruin how nice she looks. You need to put a plate on... SOON! ( eyes glaring with sarcasm) ....Have a nice day!"

Nice cop!

I know other ones aren't going to be so forgiving but let em bring it. It's a ten dollar fix it ticket. But I learn a good lesson though. It's better to be attentive and submissive towards a cop when he's accusing you of light infractures, than to provoke him into pinning you with other serious crap. (like some type of moving violation, or getting hit with multiple mods)

Street racing on the rise ey? Organized street racing is deader than disco down her in S.D.! I'm sure LA still has it's problems here and there due to the sprawled out nature of the counties.

Last edited by 35oZephyR; 04-25-2005 at 10:40 PM.

Quick Reply: tax dollars hard at work - ticket for no front license plate