Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

grrr, Im so pissed at my Z, please calm me down

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 09:06 PM
roberto350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grrr, Im so pissed at my Z, please calm me down

Ive almost had it. I bought a new car to not have problems for awhile...yet this car is killing me!

1. Nav door stops mid way up
2. Arm rest peice on passenger side wont stay snapped down
3. Freakin pull to the right
4. rear washer nozzle leaks
5. stinky *** musty smell when the A/C is not on
6. and now some serious loud gear whining. Dont mention the throwout bearing please, I was at the forefront of that argument and now Im eating my words.

I bet I cant even sell this thing if I wanted to. Shoulda bought a stupid honda
Old 11-23-2002, 09:11 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ummm just an idea, but Id look into your states lemon laws. here I know if you bring in the car for the same problem twice and it is not repaired, your car is considered a lemon.

thats really too bad to hear tho. I hope you reconsider, I agree your car certainly has problems, but I think you managed to get the exeption, not the majority. my car has none of the problems you speak of, I even tried the pull to the right, it stays wherever I leave the wheel. as for rear wiper, disable it. that thing shouldnt be used anyway, that first pass scrapes the dirt across your window and ruins the blade as well. tho that is no excuse for it not to work.

I think its time to find someone a bit higher in the food chain, if nissan offered to replace a car on the basis of orange peel, you should have no problem.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:14 PM
ZON

Are you serious!!! I have one problem with 650 miles so far and that is my fuel gauge does not work. No biggie it will be taken care of.
How long did it take for these problems to show up? Your scarin' me bro!!!!!

And what's your vin??

Last edited by ZON; 11-23-2002 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:18 PM
Boomer

Default Re: grrr, Im so pissed at my Z, please calm me down

Originally posted by roberto350z
Ive almost had it. I bought a new car to not have problems for awhile...yet this car is killing me!

1. Nav door stops mid way up
2. Arm rest peice on passenger side wont stay snapped down
3. Freakin pull to the right
4. rear washer nozzle leaks
5. stinky *** musty smell when the A/C is not on
6. and now some serious loud gear whining. Dont mention the throwout bearing please, I was at the forefront of that argument and now Im eating my words.

I bet I cant even sell this thing if I wanted to. Shoulda bought a stupid honda
Don't buy a Honda, I lost my mind 5 yrs ago and traded my MR2T for an Accord EX 5spd. I have been sorry ever since. When is the last time you took your car to your dealer? If it was recently and you got no satisfaction, go to another dealer if one is available in your area and tell NNA why you are seeking services from another dealership. Be pro-active, stop feeling like a victim, and you won't be treated as one. You have your list, act on it again. Chin up, shoulders back, don't let the bastards get you down.

Boomer
Old 11-24-2002, 06:19 AM

's Avatar

Well the pulling to the right and the gear noise is about the only way that they will lemon law the car, trust me, I had a 95 Pontiac GrandPrix that was in the shop-- and I am dead serious--- almost 40 times in two years for everything from tail lights with water in them to rain coming in from my doors (no I didn't have a sunroof) and water in my trunk - which was FIXED by them drilling a hole under my spare tire and saying that the hole comes that way from the factory (I was born yesterday and they sold a car to an infant--not). GM said the best they would do was give me a 100,000 warranty which doesn't cover any of the problems. So I took the warranty and the next day traded it in for a Saturn, which has been great yet is boring.

Don't fall into the traps that they lead you too. Raise your voice and call their bluff. Don't back down if it isn't fixed after three times (in most states). Learn what the lemon law is in your state because you will be flat out lied to at the dealer as to what it is. I actually found out what the lemon law was from a Saturn rep prior to my explosion at Pontiac. The dealership stated that in Illinois, where I lived at the time, there was no lemon law. I told them they need to talk with their lawyers at the dealership because for a 2 year old (2 years from the date I bought the car) I know more than they do.

Sorry to babble but that is what can happen if you are not prepared. Sad thing is I now go in to every car puchase with that attitude. I hope when I finally get mine I have a happy experience.

Good luck Rob
Old 11-26-2002, 07:56 AM
c350z

I'll buy your car off your hands for say $15,000 and two boxes of tissues. Stop moaning, take it to your dealer and let them fix the problems. Every car can have problems, its just unfortunate for you, but it can be fixed.