Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

doh! dented and scraped my side skirt

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002 | 06:37 PM
the bluez33

Angry doh! dented and scraped my side skirt

i was in a major rush in a parking structure today, trying to pull into a tight spot with a pole on the passenger side. i try and get as close to the pole as i possibly can so i don't hit the car on the driver's side, then scraaaaape. i hop out, and there's a curb that i didn't notice, and it just MURDERED my passeger side side skirt . i need to get used to such a low car . the damage doesn't quite reach the metal, but damn near. it's about one foot long, and the dent is about half the size of a baseball, but rounded so i'm thinking it can be popped out.

anyone have any guesses as to how much it would cost to:
a) pop out the dent, then repaint
b) totally replace and paint the passenger side side skirt

thanks everyone, and please take it easy on the 'you're a dumbass' emails. i was seriously getting emotional all day over it, so i'm already pretty pissed off at myself.
Old 11-25-2002 | 06:51 PM
ares
Veteran
Premier Member

your a dumbass!

had to

go to nissan, if your talking that bottom plastic skirt under the door, Id bet 3, maybe 400 to replace it. might be more, you can pull insurance into it if its worth while.
Old 11-25-2002 | 06:54 PM
ksj

I did some minor damage to my Z that was recently repaired. Ask around for recommendations but be aware that your expectations may not be the same as those making the recommendation. Best bet is to check with your dealer or your local Infiniti dealer for a solid body repair shop.

I think you're referring what I think of as the rocker panel. If the estimate is greater than ~$700 you may want to consider the "side skirts" from Nismo. It'll cost a little more than that to get them, pay freight and get them painted, but IMO, they do alot for the car.

I'm going to delay on that myself and get the Nismo wheels and suspension kit first. Some Stop-Tech brakes will round out what I'm looking at doing first.

And so, here we go with the mods already...
Old 11-26-2002 | 06:09 AM
fatZo

Default $hit happens

This happened to my Z too. My driveway is way too narrow and I slightly scraped the passenger side rocker panel while pulling out one night I was pretty pissed at myself too, but then again, it's just a car, and there is no major damage. It will cost you about $186.06US+(shipping)+labour to replace the side rocker, so don't be too harsh on yourself!

I am personally not going to do anything about it this winter, as the scratch doesn't really show. I'm going to wait for other body kits to come out, or perhaps just replace the side rockers with Nismo parts. This would certainly cost more than replacing the side rocker panel with the factory rocker panel, and I do like to keep my car stock.

Anyway, please let me know how much it ends up costing you if you decide to replace the panel. I would not suggest repairing it, as the cost of the replacement part is not that high.

Last edited by fatZo; 11-26-2002 at 06:14 AM.