Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Get away from my car with that bike!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 12:39 PM
HotImportGirl
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my Z & I suppose it sounds absolutely neurotic but I will walk an extra 100-200feet to park it by its lonesome so no one can put a ding or a scratch on it... I drove into work today & I circled the garage pondering where to park... I couldve parked on the top level but sun & bird poop isnt good for my paint but it wouldve been alone so i ended up parking it next to a shiny porsche... hopefully that person is neurotic too & is careful opening his/her door
Old 05-05-2005, 01:19 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya thats what i do... if i cant find a good empty spot.. i will look for the most expensive car, that way they are probably very careful getting in and out as well.. rather then some cheap *** mexican who will fling his door open on purpose to hit your car....
Old 05-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

The thing about that though is this...you can fling your door open on an many cars as you want with little or no damage to your car at all. A lot of people(especially around here) have extremely nice cars and don't care about them at all. I almost feel stupid parking so far from the door, then on my way to the door I pass a few Porsches and sometimes an Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lambroghini, Bentley, Rolls Royce, or Maserati, etc...and they are all in the first or second spot from the door directly next to a Civic!!!!!!11
Old 05-05-2005, 03:14 PM
FIoneday

heres one for ya...

the other day i went to lunch at the 'Wing House' here in Palm Harbor(its like Hooters) anyway, i park up front as close as i possibly can to the curb in a 'compact car only' spot. what does this jack*** do? parks his effing lincoln(name a lincoln that is compact!) a foot away from me with plenty of room on the other side! i swear i had to become a contortionist to get in(and since i AM one of those people that is careful with other peoples stuff i held the door so it wouldnt bang into his car) lucky for him he didnt have a passenger and there were no dings or scratches, but like everyone has said, these jerkoffs have no respect! i wanted to leave him a nice note but didnt have any paper in the car.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:20 AM
hatchttu

Originally Posted by Risk
I dont want to go through insurance to get this fixed (its high enough already and I want all of my panels to match). What is the best way to fix down to the metal scratches? I have some of the touch up paint in the tube, and was thinking of using that along with a very fine model brush and then waxing aferwards. Many guys like using the touch up "pens" but I dont know what those are or how to find them. Any other suggestions?

Not sure who you have for insurance but last year I had to have 3000 dollars of body and paint work from some a$$ie who keyed the dog out of my car. I paid the 500 deductible and my rates didnt budge one bit. I have state farm also.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Risk

Originally Posted by hatchttu
Not sure who you have for insurance but last year I had to have 3000 dollars of body and paint work from some a$$ie who keyed the dog out of my car. I paid the 500 deductible and my rates didnt budge one bit. I have state farm also.

My deductible is $500 as well. While I could afford it, I shpouldnt since I am trying to buy a house right now. Ill try to buff it out myself first. If that doesnt work, Ill consider letting the insurance repaint it.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by hatchttu
You had a dog keyed out of your car!? LOL
Old 05-06-2005, 02:53 PM
hatchttu

Originally Posted by Santacruzslick
You had a dog keyed out of your car!? LOL
Yeah, it was good art work but drove like crap
Old 05-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that, i would have been off the phone with the broker and ran down there (with a bat)
Old 05-07-2005, 05:52 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Do people screw with other peoples stuff? People do.

Originally Posted by vladsstuff
A lot of times I think it's not even worth having a nice car with all the stupid morons out there who have no respect for other people's property. This kind of crap really pisses me off. It's the parents's fault for not teaching their kids any better.

I am planning to buy my new Z in March of next year. I already have my list of all the mods I want to do, running about $5,500 and don't plan anymore mods than that for at least the first year.

There are two reasons why I am not 100% sure I will buy a new Z then or ever.

One reason is if they change the 2006 model to something uglier, I won't buy one, unless I can find a brand new leftover '05 red base model 6 speed someplace in March. If they are the same I might buy a leftover 05 anyway to get a better deal.

The other reason is because people suck and have no respect for other peoples nice stuff. It's not just kids. Those damn kids don't have respect cuz their parents don't have any and those parents, parents most likely didn't have any either. It all comes from inbreeding, opps I mean genes:-P

I have had my 97 Nissan pickup since I bought it new and it is customized and looks nice (18" chrome) and draws some attention but it has no door dings and to my knowledge, nobody has ever tried to F%$# with it. Maybe I have just been lucky but I bet if I bought a shinny new red Z it would be screwed with or door dinged within a week, especially after the mods are done to it, two of the most noticable mods being a Veilside version 3 rear wing and 19" silver Axis Hiro's, possibly with fat 305/30/19's in the rear and 245/35/19's in the front. Yes it will certainlly draw attention maybe too much:-( Also I was thinking of deliberatly buying a silver one so it won't stand out so much like the red but the truck I've had for 8 years is silver and I'm sick of silver and damn it I want RED.

3 weeks ago I just sold my mint and modified 2003 Yamaha R1 so I can buy my new Z if I indeed do and I was paying $104 a month just to park it in storage so it wouldn't get ripped off or screwed with. With that bike I would never park it anyplace where it would leave my sight for more than 30-45 seconds, unless it was in storage.

The Z would be my only vehicle because I am selling my truck as well because I don't need or want two vehicles. I would be paranoid as hell to leave my Z in a parking lot on a Friday night while watching a 2 hour movie at the theaters. My parents will someday be buying a new car of their own and will give me their almost mint always garaged 1990 Honda accord, so I could use that as a beater car, for parking in iffy areas. But until then, I will only have the moded Z.

Guess I won't be driving to the movies anytime soon LOL.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by Chad68
Guess I won't be driving to the movies anytime soon LOL.
+1 on that! I am so afraid of doing that. There are ALWAYS people coming and going at a theatre. The chances of parking between 2 people that are going to be there longer than you are very slim. I think parking in back may help but it'll just jet fu**ed with back there. May have to park at Lowes or Best Buy across the street and walk over. LOL
Old 08-24-2005, 09:19 PM
emir

Default You Guys Think That's Bad

I feel for you guys. Listen to this ****. I JUST MOVED DOWN TO LOUISIANA, AND I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW ANYONE. My dad is cool as **** and bought me a Z. The FIRST ****ING WEEK I GOT MY CAR SOME MOTHER ****ERS PLAYED TIC TAC TOE ON MY DRIVER SIDE DOOR WITH THEIR KEY, WROTE "HA" ON THE TOP PART OF THE DRIVERS SIDE DOOR, AND WENT ACROSS MY PASSENGER SIDE DOOR. AFTER THAT SOME ***** IN A HONDA PILOT BACKED UP INTO MY CAR, TRASHED MY BUMPER, AND BROKE MY TAIL LIGHT. AND TO TOP THAT WONDERFUL FIRST MONTH OFF. I PARKED MY CAR ON THE STREET AND WHEN I COME BACK MY FRONT BUMPER IS SMASHED. People have no respect or consideration. Of course i went to insurance and now my car is in the shop getting kitted up.

Just wanted to release some anger
Lata