Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lumbar support

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 11:33 AM
djca67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lumbar support

Does anyone have any ideas on how to improve lumbar support in my 2005 Z touring coupe? I've tried moving the seat all around, but on longer trips it gives me problems. I have a lower back disc problem. Do I have to buy after market?
Old 05-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Amnbex

I think the general consensus was to buy a pillow to put in that region. I'm not sure, but I know this has come up in the past.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:09 PM
RedLeader

Somebody bought an inflatable, pillow-style lumbar support with a squeeze-bulb to adjust the firmness. They had inserted it between the Z's padding and seat-cover. It seems like it was affordable(can't remember the price). I want to say it was in the $45-80 range......Run a search.

Good Luck,

Bruce
Old 05-16-2005, 01:40 PM
grifferjr

Originally Posted by djca67
Does anyone have any ideas on how to improve lumbar support in my 2005 Z touring coupe? I've tried moving the seat all around, but on longer trips it gives me problems. I have a lower back disc problem. Do I have to buy after market?
i am a physical therapist and i always make suggestions to people on how to support their spine while driving.

simplest is to grab a towell from home and roll it up few inches in diameter. cost to you:free (or rather no new cost incurred)

you can get lumbar rolls from various sources all of which do better than others and they can range in cost from 10-15 bucks all the way into 30-40bucks. in my opinion not worth it.

now for my secret; go to the local dollar store, now is a great time cause it is coming into the summer months. look around for the toy beach *****. not the original size ones but the toy size, much smaller. they should cost you less than a dollar each or around there. put some air in them. not too much. it will still almost look flat. put that behind your back, and it will mold itself to your back giving you the support you need. more support with more air and less with less. you can customize it, at a fraction of the cost of the others.

not only that but when not using it, deflate all the way, fold it up and put it in one of the compartments behind you. short trips maybe not even use it, and when you want it, its right there ready to inflate.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:12 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought an inflatible lumbar support from an airplane supply store. It fits between the seat & the seat cover and has a hand pump & deflate valve that hang low enough on the side not to be seen. Terrific solution for around 50 bucks. I've had it for a couple years now & well worth it.

Alas, I don't recall where I bought it.