Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

my first "door ding"

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 09:19 AM
N74DV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first "door ding"

man I'm ticked... found my first door ding today. Passenger side door about 6" up from the bottom and a bit more than half way back on the door.

about 5/16" diameter and scratched into the clearcoat.

I swear if I saw the person do that I'd first ask them politely if they will pay for the damage... if they say no...

I'm following them home to find out where they live.... then wait about a month or two and then unleash my fury on thier car.

maybe key it... egg it... something of the like....

I swear ...... I will do it...

I didn't pay $37K for some jackass to swing his door into mine!
Old 11-28-2002, 09:36 AM
SandMan

Sorry about the damage, but have you ever heard of karma? What goes around comes around, it sounds like a cliche but it holds true. Like this one time, the lady in a big *** SUV was lazy and just put a shopping cart in a parking spot instead of putting it back into those cart pickup areas. Anyways the wind blew pretty hard and pushied a shopping cart right behind her SUV. Then she backs up without looking and smashes into the shopping cart. Karma usually happens when the person least expects it, could be soon could be later, but eventually takes place. But I am sorry that it happened, it sucks big time especially when something stupid happens to your car and the person takes off. But something will happen to that person who hit you and it will suck 10 fold.
Old 11-28-2002, 09:36 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Default Re: my first "door ding"

Originally posted by N74DV
man I'm ticked... found my first door ding today. Passenger side door about 6" up from the bottom and a bit more than half way back on the door.

about 5/16" diameter and scratched into the clearcoat.

I swear if I saw the person do that I'd first ask them politely if they will pay for the damage... if they say no...

I'm following them home to find out where they live.... then wait about a month or two and then unleash my fury on thier car.

maybe key it... egg it... something of the like....

I swear ...... I will do it...

I didn't pay $37K for some jackass to swing his door into mine!
I just had two dings taken out of my car at one of those paintless dent repair places. For both, the guy charged me $70. One was very small, less than 1/2 inch probably with minor scratching, and the other was probably close to an inch on the fender where it curves into the tire (Grand Prix). The bigger one was very obvious on the black paint, especially when clean. This one had no real paint damage.

After the guy did his work, you would be hard pressed to find either. I would be interested to know if those "As Seen on TV" kits you can buy at Target work nearly as well, but I was very happy with the work for the money. Hopefully you can get yours fixed easily.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:17 PM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Originally posted by ///M3-Mike
just rub some juice on it.. it'll come right off
That's ridiculous! Everyone knows that according to Martha Stewart, Peanut Butter is the recommended solution! Sheesh, some people.
Old 11-28-2002, 10:04 PM
nosuchsol

Originally posted by SandMan
Sorry about the damage, but have you ever heard of karma? What goes around comes around, it sounds like a cliche but it holds true. Like this one time, the lady in a big *** SUV was lazy and just put a shopping cart in a parking spot instead of putting it back into those cart pickup areas. Anyways the wind blew pretty hard and pushied a shopping cart right behind her SUV. Then she backs up without looking and smashes into the shopping cart. Karma usually happens when the person least expects it, could be soon could be later, but eventually takes place. But I am sorry that it happened, it sucks big time especially when something stupid happens to your car and the person takes off. But something will happen to that person who hit you and it will suck 10 fold.
I don't agree with you. There's no such thing as Karma. We like to think that what goes around comes around but that's simply not the case. Good people won't always just get good, and bad people won't always get or do bad. If Karma was true millions of people would be giving money and possessions to others and all the while getting more and more back. nope, aint gonna happen.

There, no he has both POVs... lol
Old 11-28-2002, 11:56 PM
ZON

Actually karma is something that catches up to you in the afterlife or next life or whatever. Be good now and get rewarded next time. Do bad and...........
Old 11-29-2002, 07:17 AM
SandMan

Originally posted by nosuchsol
I don't agree with you. There's no such thing as Karma. We like to think that what goes around comes around but that's simply not the case. Good people won't always just get good, and bad people won't always get or do bad. If Karma was true millions of people would be giving money and possessions to others and all the while getting more and more back. nope, aint gonna happen.

There, no he has both POVs... lol
Well I always donate money to people or causes that need it. I always belive if you give money, you will get money. It has worked for me in the past and present so why should I stray from my beliefs?
Old 11-29-2002, 08:31 AM
Old Skooler

Default Re: Re: my first "door ding"

Originally posted by MannishBoy
I would be interested to know if those "As Seen on TV" kits you can buy at Target work nearly as well, but I was very happy with the work for the money. Hopefully you can get yours fixed easily.

I read in either Stuff or Maxim that those "repair your own dent" kits absolutely suck ***. I wouldn't waste my money on it.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:51 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Default Re: Re: Re: my first "door ding"

Originally posted by Old Skooler
I read in either Stuff or Maxim that those "repair your own dent" kits absolutely suck ***. I wouldn't waste my money on it.
That was my assumption, hence me letting a pro do it. Thanks for the info, though.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:10 PM
350zpower

i feel your pain N74DV ..

after washing my car a couple days ago, i found a ding on my passenger side door.

(un)fortunately?, mine is right on the crease line of the door ..

it is therefore hard to spot -- but at the same time, i bet this means that it will be very difficult for them to pop the ding out, although i'm not a ding expert (anyone know if this makes it easier or harder to get the ding out?) ..

i was pissed because i have no clue how the ding got there -- i have been so very careful to park away from people when i am parked. my parking garage has SUV size spots where doors could fling open and still not ding the guy next to you..

anyways .. i just figure that this was inevitable and swallowed the fact after the whole mourning process.. i am going to take her in during december to see if a paintless dent removal place can take the dings out of her.

Last edited by 350zpower; 11-29-2002 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-30-2002, 10:06 AM
My_Tampa_Z

Too bad about the ding....mine is coming soon for sure...new cars are ding magnets....not sure why. I do beleive in Karma however. I am always mindful of opening my door when getting out of my car but others do not value their own cars or others property and could care less. Nothing any of us can do about it.

Good Karma Story:
Many years ago I recall driving on I-4 towards Orlando. It was raining and I was in the left lane doing 65 trying to passing some slower cars. Since I was driving a junker at the time, I couldn't really go any faster in the rain than what I was doing. I was readiy passing the 10 or so cars in the right lane.

Suddenly, some High end Benz started tailgating me and flashing his brights...as if I wasn't passing fast enough...I had no where to go and couldn't safely go any faster....he starts honking the horn flipping me off....the whole road rage thing. When I finally pass car number 10 I quickly get out of his way. Instead of passing me he starts to pace along side of me long enough for him and his wife to give me the finger and give my clunker the look only a true snob is cabable of.

Karma Kicks in:
As the Benz speeds onward, me and my passengers notice that about a full two feet of the woman's gown was hanging out of the door draging on the wet and fithly road...it was almost black..from all the abuse it was getting. We all must have laughed the rest of the way to Orlando...it was truly classic!
Old 11-30-2002, 08:25 PM
nosuchsol

Originally posted by SandMan
Well I always donate money to people or causes that need it. I always belive if you give money, you will get money. It has worked for me in the past and present so why should I stray from my beliefs?
Woah Woah Woah... lol, never said give up your beliefs, I just wanted to give another POV. =) I'm just not one for Daoist-type beliefs.