Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

HELP! Performance vs. Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 07:33 PM
Throbber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HELP! Performance vs. Enthusiast

Hello all, I’m sure this has been discussed before, but I didn’t find any good topics when I searched. So, here I go......

I’m getting closer to my Z purchase but I am still undecided as to which model to get. I don’t want the high payment of the track model, but that would be my choice if money were no object, but since it is, I would like to know what everyone's opinion is on the Enthusiast vs. Performance Model.

I am leaning towards the Enthusiast, not because of money but because I plan on keeping the stock 17" wheels for autocrossing and purchasing 18" for the street. My main concern is the VDC. Is it worth the extra money? I hear so many mixed opinions on whether it helps or hurts. Will I be ok with just TCS? In other words, if VDC was an option on all models, would you get it, and why? Keep in mind I want to Autocross and take it to the track on occasion, but it will also be my daily driver.

Also, for those of you that made this choice between these models, which one did you choose and why? What other noticeable differences will I be missing out on if I choose the Enthusiast?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Throbber; 11-30-2002 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-30-2002, 08:20 PM
Throbber

Nevermind, I think I found most of the answers here. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....t=VDC+opinions

But I still would like to hear more opinions on VDC.

Thanks
Old 11-30-2002, 08:28 PM
flynnibus
Z Flier

TCS is only going to control wheel spin... VDC is going to help you prevent that CAR spin out.

Its definatly worth it.. unless you consider yourself superior in every respect.. will pay attention 100% of the time... and always see the loss of control before the computer.. now that we are back to reality.. it isn't all that bad is it? you can always turn it off for fun.

Go for it!
Old 11-30-2002, 08:33 PM
Throbber

haha, nevermind again, I found a lot of good VDC opinions here. https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....t=VDC+opinions

Im never posting again