Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Don't you hate people who leave their blinkers on... Now I'm one of them!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 11:12 AM
microsteve40
Know it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh! There's a turn here in Boise (Northbound Broadway onto Westbound Front St for you locals) that is a soft left, and it's not sharp enough to shut off the blinker when you straighten out. EVERY TIME I go around this turn, I leave my blinker on. I always notice it a couple or 3 blocks down the road. It's so embarrassing!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:30 PM
35TH ANY

Yup, the self canceller could work a lot better in the Z.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by microsteve40
Ugh! There's a turn here in Boise (Northbound Broadway onto Westbound Front St for you locals) that is a soft left, and it's not sharp enough to shut off the blinker when you straighten out. EVERY TIME I go around this turn, I leave my blinker on. I always notice it a couple or 3 blocks down the road. It's so embarrassing!
There is a turn around here that is just like that. Everyone's blinker stays on. It's so funny that just about EVERY person leaves their blinkers on for at least a mile.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:50 PM
ZStockBroker

I never had this problem until the Z. I use my signals out here in LA, helps to keep from getting shot at. Look like a fool with the blinkers going for miles, worse becaude i alway have music blasting. I think the answer is to keep hand on signal for lane change and just be aware of the problem. I have driven for 27 years, many cars and never had this problem. I like to signal my intent on the freeways, kick it up and the problem is that I look like an idiot if i do not "tend" the blinkers.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:54 PM
mystik_350z

Originally Posted by Silver_Racer
I know some mfg's put an alarm that comes on if it is left on longer than a minute...
that would be stupid because some lights stay red for more than a minute.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by mystik_350z
That's what I was thinking...maybe it only goes off if you're moving.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:46 PM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by mystik_350z
My truck has this, never came on when at a turn, only when I leave it on. Maybe it detects if your moving..
Old 05-20-2005, 08:03 PM
350zWarz

my dad has this problem bad and it annoys me when i'm riding with him....i like to see how long he will usually go before he realizes it...unfortunately more times then not i have to tell him that the blinker is on, but he's starting to get up there and can't hear all that great...it seems like it's selective hearing or something haha
Old 05-21-2005, 06:01 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by 350zWarz
my dad has this problem bad and it annoys me when i'm riding with him....i like to see how long he will usually go before he realizes it...unfortunately more times then not i have to tell him that the blinker is on, but he's starting to get up there and can't hear all that great...it seems like it's selective hearing or something haha
Maybe he can't hear that wavelength of sound.LOL My grandfather cannot hear the little beeping alarm that always goes off on his VCR. We were sitting around and it went off. It was annoying the hell out of us. We're like, "What's that high pitched beeping?". He had no idea what we were talking about. Apparently it had been going off every day at 2 pm for about 6 years and he never knew!
Old 05-21-2005, 06:57 AM
VinUnleaded

In Houston we can only WISH people use blinkers...
90% just change lanes with no warning.
Here is a list of "Houstonian" driving habits:

1) The horn is an insult, if someone honks at you to avoid being hit by your blind lane change, take it as an insult and just keep moving towards them anyway.
Then after you cut them off, flip the middle finger at them or honk back.

2) "Do not cross double line" has no meaning. Cross it whenever you want to merge on or off freeways before the cars in front of you can.

3) Pick-Up trucks always pass red lights. The city thought the problem was so bad they tried to install red light camera's, but this law was struck down as an invasion of privacy...better for people to continue to die than impose this law.

4) If there is a metro train, make sure to turn left in front of it.
There were 70 accidents during the first 3 months of the light rail being employed.
Cars ignore the red light and turn left into the oncoming train at grade. See #3,
Most major citys eliminated commuter train crossings at "grade" at the turn of the century. Welcome to Houston, turn your clock back 100 years.

5) Everyone drives at least 20 mph over the speed limit, and if there is no room to do so, make your own lane...drive on grass, dirt or the ever present shoulder that has a sign, "no driving on shoulder".

6) Out of the several states and cities I lived in, Houston is the only city where slow drivers in the fast lane do not move over to let faster traffic by.

7) Most drivers tailgate...if you try to leave enough space to not rear-end the car in front of you, someone is 100% guaranteed to cut you off and squeeze in there.

8) If you are an illegal immigrant, drive your POS car as slow as you can to avoid the police having a reason to pull you over, and so that it causes a large line of cars behind you.
Better to draw attention to yourself for driving 20mph in a 45mph zone or on the freeway at 45mph, than to draw attention to yourself my moving at the speed limit.

9) If you are an illegal immigrant, drive a dump truck with someone elses name on it and use someone elses drivers license so that when you rear end someone, they wont know who you really are.

10) If you are an illegal immigrant, get your cousin to buy auto insurance, but have them give you their card.
Then cancel the insurance, so that if you get pulled over you can present a card for insurance you dont have and arent paying for.
The poor sap you hit, will find this out later when they try to contact your insurance company for damages.

11) If you drive any type of truck that is hauling anything, make sure you drop the mandatory amount of road debris so you can damage other peoples cars.

12) A rolling stop is still a stop.

13) Drive thru all EZ tag lanes, even if you dont have an EZ tag...its free!

14) Drive thru the EZ tag lane at 100mph.

15) Drive thru the EZ Tag lane at 35MPH.

16) If there is ANY TYPE of vehicle on the side of the freeway, make sure to slow down and rubber neck. If the vehicle has lights on its roof slow down an additional 10mph.
If teh vehicle has flashing lights, drive by at 5mph to rubber neck and contribute to the 10 mile traffic jam.

17) Make sure you drive the biggest truck you can find even if you dont need to haul anything, so that you can be a cool red neck, guzzle gas, slow down on curves due to lack of handling, ram smaller vehicles with minimal damage to yourself and otherwise contribute to rising gas prices, highway fatalities, rising insurance rates, and the increasing level of stupidity in Texas.

Last edited by VinUnleaded; 05-21-2005 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:24 PM
mooredc

On I4 in Florida using your signal to change lanes is considered a challenge by the car behind you and they will speed up to block your lane change. I know it is stupid as heck, but that is the way it is. I've been trained not to signal for lane change, it is safer [on I4 anyway].

I hate non-courteous drivers, but I guess it can not be legislated.

The Florida legislature tried to pass law that would make it illegal to hang out in the left lane unless your were passing cars, our beloved Governer Jeb Bush [bother of the president] vetoed the legislation.

Last edited by mooredc; 05-21-2005 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by mooredc
On I4 in Florida using your signal to change lanes is considered a challenge by the car behind you and they will speed up to block your lane change. I know it is stupid as heck, but that is the way it is. I've been trained not to signal for lane change, it is safer [on I4 anyway].

I hate non-courteous drivers, but I guess it can not be legislated.

The Florida legislature tried to pass law that would make it illegal to hang out in the left lane unless your were passing cars, our beloved Governer Jeb Bush [bother of the president] vetoed the legislation.
Oh I hate that!!! You put your blinker on and the jackass speeds up and lays on the horn! Then they flip you off for almost hitting them. WELL IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH AN ASSHOLE WE WOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

I heard about that...they need to make that law. All these ppl going slow in the left lane, then when you have to weave in and out of them you get pulled over. How stupid do you have to be to veto that? I guess he isn't use to driving himself around though. LOL

Jeb bush's vetoing power
Old 05-21-2005, 07:30 PM
rolling

i havent done it in my Z Yet...
BUt honestly, I have in my Tractor Trailer hehe
But i didnt know most Semi's dont have self-canceling turn signals until i drove them so i sometimes leave my truck signal on, (no beeper or clickin ) sorry guys...
i feel yer pain!
I also ALWAYS make room for Z's hehe
Old 05-21-2005, 07:32 PM
rolling

and givem' a blow on the air horn:
Old 05-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by rolling
i havent done it in my Z Yet...
BUt honestly, I have in my Tractor Trailer hehe
But i didnt know most Semi's dont have self-canceling turn signals until i drove them so i sometimes leave my truck signal on, (no beeper or clickin ) sorry guys...
i feel yer pain!
I also ALWAYS make room for Z's hehe
You have a semi? Wow...do you use it to transport your Z? LOL
I can see that in a commercial or something...it's raining so a guy drives his car out of his garage and right up into a covered truck without even getting wet. Then drives the truck to work.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:15 PM
rolling

i think yer onto something there
howerver, pulling my Z arround on a trailer would be TORTURE for it:
not to mention EXTREMLY dirty!!
Old 05-21-2005, 08:35 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

I've never done the signal thing in the Z, but this this is even worse: I drove for like 100 miles with the fuel door open and the gas cap hanging out! (I was tired after driving for about 10 hours.)
Old 05-22-2005, 05:32 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
I've never done the signal thing in the Z, but this this is even worse: I drove for like 100 miles with the fuel door open and the gas cap hanging out! (I was tired after driving for about 10 hours.)
At least with this car you can't leave your gas cap on the roof. I always see people driving around with gas caps, purses, coffee cups etc... on their roofs. It's hilrious!
Old 05-22-2005, 06:03 AM
Balthazar

Yeah I NEVER used to leave my blinker on, but you have to turn ALOT sharper than you did in either of my previous cars to get the blinker in the Z to go off. Plus the poor vsibility of the indicator, plus low noise.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Chambers

People changing lanes without signaling is dangerous but people with coffee cups! thats carazy!

Quick Reply: Don't you hate people who leave their blinkers on... Now I'm one of them!