Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Don't you hate people who leave their blinkers on... Now I'm one of them!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Silver_Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Don't you hate people who leave their blinkers on... Now I'm one of them!

One pet peeve of mine is people who are driving down the road with their blinker on, oblivious to their surroundings. I often think "don't they know what they are doing???... hey stupid! turn the blinker off". Well, it happened to me. I have owned a few cars before and never had this problem. The Z blinker is VERY difficult to tell when it is left on. It is nearly silent and the visibility of the "micro bubble" is not so great.

I was on the highway in the left lane. After a couple of minutes, the car in front of me puts his left blinker on. I think "what is he doing....". After a while, I realized he was telling me that my blinker was on. I felt pretty stupid. So yeah.... I am one of "those" people now, and I consider myself to be an alert driver.

Has this happened to anyone else???
Old 05-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Nforce1

I think Ive done it once... but no one ever informed me of it, so I dont think I left it on very long. But I ALWAYS pull in front of people who leave theirs on and flash my blinkers on each side going back and forth.... usually they never catch on.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:29 PM
palmerwmd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sometimes tell folks by left/right/left
BUt its happend to me too especiall when windows open at speed or stereo loud
Old 05-19-2005, 12:32 PM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver_Racer
One pet peeve of mine is people who are driving down the road with their blinker on, oblivious to their surroundings. I often think "don't they know what they are doing???... hey stupid! turn the blinker off". Well, it happened to me. I have owned a few cars before and never had this problem. The Z blinker is VERY difficult to tell when it is left on. It is nearly silent and the visibility of the "micro bubble" is not so great.

I was on the highway in the left lane. After a couple of minutes, the car in front of me puts his left blinker on. I think "what is he doing....". After a while, I realized he was telling me that my blinker was on. I felt pretty stupid. So yeah.... I am one of "those" people now, and I consider myself to be an alert driver.

Has this happened to anyone else???
Yes you are right about it being hard to tell if the turn signal is on on the Z. Also you don't have to turn the wheel in the Z much to make a turn so sometimes it doesn't shut off when you turn.

You know what I hate worse though, people who don't use signals at all. Maybe it is a Southern thing, but people around here do not use turn signals. I hate being behind people who turn with no signal. I always blow the horn at them and they look at me like I am crazy. I wish law enforcement looked at not using turn signals like they do speeding or other traffic violations.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Silver_Racer

I am in Houston. I do use signals sometimes. You can figure that if someone is using their signals, they are out of town or the car has short-circuited.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Silver_Racer

I know some mfg's put an alarm that comes on if it is left on longer than a minute...
Old 05-19-2005, 01:37 PM
mooredc

I'm guilty of this too ... never had the problem before the Z and always thought it was just an old folks problem. I really can not hear the thing if the A/C or Radio are on and as you say the light indicators are not very good attention grabbers during daytime. It embarasses me when I notice I've had them on for a mile or two.

Does anybody make an after market clicker that makes more noise?
Old 05-19-2005, 02:39 PM
The Liu Man

Yeah... happened twice... both times with the top down

Makes me look like a friggin idiot!
Old 05-19-2005, 03:09 PM
stevgant

Default Worse than one turn signal

is when the hazards are on, and both turn signals are flashing. That happened to me once when the top was down. I hit the hazard button on accident (nissan's great button placement ) and was cruizing down the street. I found out only when I stopped at a light and changed over a CD. I heard the faint ticking. I sped off like a bat out of hell once the light changed green though.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Better than the Mercedes Benz cars. You'd figure in a +$50K car they'd put turn indicators in ... I have yet to see a MB driver use their blinkers when making a lane change.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:30 PM
10 TIL 4

LOL, this happens to me a lot too. It makes me feel like an idiot because its one of my peeves too when someone leaves theirs on.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:33 PM
pisces9ca

Default Used to be standard equipment...Now costs extra!

I agree with the other guys above, you'd think they didn't have turn signals in most cars since almost no one uses them. I hate waiting to pull out and you wait for the oncoming idoit to pass by and he turns into the street/entrance in front of you.....Grrr!!
And I've left the signals on too, can't hear them clicking with the music up and the wind noise...
Old 05-19-2005, 03:38 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I'd rather people leave them on than not use them. Around here all the people with really expensive cars never use their blinkers unless they are using their hazards to park in a fire lane. For some reason they think that hazard lights allow you to do whatever the hell you want. I always go by screaming, "What that $100,000 didn't come with blinkers jackass!" It's friggin annoying when someone cuts you off w/o even using a blinker, at least if the signal it gives you a little warning.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Hella

Done it a couple of times already. So embarassed......checked the mirrors and hung my head.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:13 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
Better than the Mercedes Benz cars. You'd figure in a +$50K car they'd put turn indicators in ... I have yet to see a MB driver use their blinkers when making a lane change.
Yah, but my MB doesn't have an oil dipstick. The battery is in the *** end of the car, so I never thought of looking for a turn indicator!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:21 PM
taurran

On a side note, I still sometimes accidenaly turn my headlights off when using my turn signals. Thing is, the xenon headlights aren't that bright and a few times I've driven down a dark road for a while with them OFF.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by taurran
On a side note, I still sometimes accidenaly turn my headlights off when using my turn signals. Thing is, the xenon headlights aren't that bright and a few times I've driven down the road for a while with them OFF.
I don't like how easy it is to switch between high and low beams. Every time I turn on my lights they are on high because it's just so easy to push the thing in. It's easier to use the turn signal thing for me when it's on high beam. LOL
Old 05-19-2005, 06:28 PM
live steam

Yeah! Me too - with this car. They don't go off with slight lane changes or turns that only require a small turn of the wheel.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:47 PM
xxlbeerZ

My Dodge truck starts beeping when you leave the blinker on too long, I can't believe my Z car doesn't have this feature!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:04 AM
elms350Z

Man I hate it when people leave their blinkers on! It confuses other drivers. Unfortunately, I have become one of them. I do that atleast twice a day, the Z blinkers are cool to look at but you can't really see it or hear it. I like the fisheye lenses . I often look in my rearview mirror to see how many pissed off people there are behind me, hehe. I think I'm too conservative of a driver where I signal for everything, I think I'm going to have to cut down.

Quick Reply: Don't you hate people who leave their blinkers on... Now I'm one of them!