Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks a TON f**kers.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 07:42 PM
lane myers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about the eggs.

sadly, there are some people, that this world would be better off without.

i agree with a previous post, the vandals will be back to survey their efforts, keep a watchful eye out, and warn/aware your neighbors.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

car cover?
Old 05-25-2005, 09:47 PM
sigsauer87

Originally Posted by Z BOY
car cover?
I was thinking the same thing...
Old 05-25-2005, 11:23 PM
kamz

Sounds like you live in a pretty crappy town. I would definitely be pissed off as heck too! Hope things get better for you. Don't let those losers ruin your fun...
Old 05-25-2005, 11:24 PM
pyropete

Howcome you get flipped off, and why do people hate you so much just because you drive a Z?

I don't get it. Where the hell do you live? I have never encountered anythign remotely to what you are describing in your posts. I know you say you are anti social, but random people shoudl not know of this, so what do you do to get all these "flip offs" and random people spitting at you?

Maybe you need to move? Or maybe you should have used the Z money and moved to a nicer place where people don't discriminate based on cars. It all seems kind of silly to me, but I make sure I live in a place that will not hate me for what car I drive.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:26 AM
sselway

Sucks dood. I made a promise to myself to never buy a nice car if I couldnt at least take some precautions to keep it nice. Ie, a garage. For some reason, the idea of my car sitting outside under the melting sun 24/7 and being subjected to the envy of others 24/7 is too much to bare. None of this is fool proof as I switched jobs recently and now my car is parked outside for 8 hrs a day. Argh...

Edit: Just noticed this is post #69 for me. That is a great number. I need to talk the wifey into doing that position again.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:57 AM
Scotsguy

Sorry to hear about this Balthazar. I know what you're getting at though, it's the lack of respect for other peoples property that's the problem everywhere these days. People don't respect the effort that its taken to achieve what you've got and not everyone with something nice gets it handed to them. Still not worth doing anything silly over but gets you angry all the same.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:18 AM
350G

I pondered over the car cover too, BUT, it may draw attention. Worse case, someone could pelt it with rocks, dent the hell out of it, and you wouldn't even know until you removed the cover. Add the fact that you have to remove it everytime you drive and its just a no-win situation.

G
Old 05-26-2005, 04:33 AM
TwiZted

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I guess thats the reason we all have car insurance, it is just a pain in the A**! Vandalism sucks and no matter where you go you'll encounter it to some degree, I guess all you can really do is hope you arent the target. I had a 98 Eclipse GSX and It got keyed 2 times, one of the times it was about 2 months after I bought it, talk about b.s.! Anyways it sounds like you lucked out and didnt get too much damage, be thankful for that!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:56 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Hey this goes along with my saying..." I love people..just hate the general public "..Sorry to hear about your car..but I know how you feel..No respect left in this world..but hey, how many people said that about our generation when we were growing up..?
Old 05-26-2005, 06:12 AM
Ragin' CajunZ

I had my Z for two days when I came home for lunch and noticed a big scratch over a foot long in the fender. Not sure if it was intentional or just some stupid old person walking into it where I work, but either way it reminded me how little respect most people have for other people's things, and how much I generally hate people!
Old 05-26-2005, 06:17 AM
taurran

I find new scratches, chips, and imperfections on my Z every time I was it. I used to get all sad and depressed about it, but I've kinda got used to it. I still try to prevent them as much as possible, but nomatter how hard you try it will happen.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Ragin' CajunZ

Originally Posted by taurran
I find new scratches, chips, and imperfections on my Z every time I was it. I used to get all sad and depressed about it, but I've kinda got used to it. I still try to prevent them as much as possible, but nomatter how hard you try it will happen.
See, to me, that's different. If it's something caused by me enjoying the car it's not as bad. I didn't buy the car to just have it sit in front of my house. It just bothers me when some idiot intentionally does damage just to be mean.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:56 AM
tware

Where in MO are you? I've been in/around Cape and I got alot of unwanted attention. I think its worse than driving an import in Detroit. Really... I dont think Branson/Springfield was that bad. I get none of this anywhere in AR or TN... TX.. MS, LA, anywhere... its bizarre. I'd say southern MO is the only place I've ever felt like I was in the wrong car in the wrong place. The only other Nissan I saw there had been keyed.

Sorry about the eggs.

I have set up many DVRs. You can pop DVR card in your PC and camera with IR. Although clear prosecutable images are hard to come by. Those basic setups cost around $350. If you can record to say a camcorder, you can get the IR camera with 40ft range for about $130-145 on the net. A tv card in your PC works well too, but you have to manually set that up for recording sessions.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:48 AM
phile

I've gotten flipped off by all sorts of highschool-age kids 17-19, when I'm in my Z and they're in some other car. I've seen kids in a brand new Saturn Ion Sedan that friggin' flipped me off. I'm just baffled as to why they bother? I usually dismiss it, but it gets ridiculous after a while.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:40 AM
B-Unit

Sucks man, go and buy a mod for teh Z, ull be happy again...

My IS300 got egged hardcore one time because i parked it in a friends driveway one night and some kids who didnt like him egged his house and everythingin the driveway, sucks to be me! but its not the end of the world...
Old 05-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an idea. Why don't you put your car in the garage?
Old 05-26-2005, 11:49 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally Posted by phile
I've gotten flipped off by all sorts of highschool-age kids 17-19, when I'm in my Z and they're in some other car. I've seen kids in a brand new Saturn Ion Sedan that friggin' flipped me off. I'm just baffled as to why they bother? I usually dismiss it, but it gets ridiculous after a while.
I got a thumbs down from a dude on a bicycle the other day. I felt like pulling up next to him and yelling "how can you talk sh|t when you're riding a ****ing toy?"
Old 05-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Nothing

You shouldn't hate people in general, you should just hate poor people. You see, it's a classist thing. Poor people are generally scum. Most of them are poor because they're lazy, incompetant, or simply too dumb to live any other way. The few who are poor through no fault of their own don't behave like scum. Poor, trashy people on the other hand, are complete scum. They do things like damage other people's property b/c they're jealous. They're often racist (whether black or white)... you see, racism generally stems from low self-esteem and the need to have someone "beneath" you in order to feel better about yourself... since poor trash have nothing, they're generally the botton rung, and so they categorically say one race is beneath them simply by being a different color. Poor people also have no manners, they are rude and crass - part of which is, again, a function of them trying to assert themselves as something other than poor or trashy... for example, on the el in Chicago groups of poor black women from the projects will often eat bags of cheetos while screaming at each other at the top of thier lungs with no regard for those around them because it makes them feel like they are special to be breaking the rules and not abiding by the "social norms" set by non-poor/trashy people. In general, it's good to hate poor people... all they really do is cause problems... they're plagues on society. Most people want nothing to do with them...

I'm trying to imagine a similar thing happening to your Z in the wealthiest areas in the world that I've been to... and I just can't see it happening... there's something about having money and having class that gives people respect for property... something seriously lacking in the inferior class.

Just an FYI.

N.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:23 PM
tware

wtf? not sure there's even a place to start on that rant. Bored white rich kids are scarier than any other... seriously. Kids propensity for vandalism has nothing to do with wealth or class. Lack of respect and boredom have much more to do with it, more so than envy or class envy. Frankly, I dont see poor having anything to do with it.

Quick Reply: Thanks a TON f**kers.