Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Has anyone else found bad paint

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 05:04 PM
Electro Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone else found bad paint

marks on the inside of their rims? I have two spots that the reps are coming to take a look at... It is not visible.. unless you stick your head in the rim from the inside...

Just wondering

EZ
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone else found bad paint-small-z-side-111.jpg  

Last edited by Electro Z; 11-30-2002 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-30-2002, 06:27 PM
nosuchsol

Default Re: Has anyone else found bad paint

Originally posted by Electro Z
marks on the inside of their rims? I have two spots that the reps are coming to take a look at... It is not visible.. unless you stick your head in the rim from the inside...

Just wondering

EZ
One other member here was getting new rims I think. Maybe that was over at Freshalloy.com
I'm not really sure how they could overspray INTO the rim, but you never know.. =)
Old 11-30-2002, 08:15 PM
Electro Z

Default Thanks

This looks like the paint didnt cure correctly... I will check some other sites for info though...

EZ
Old 11-30-2002, 11:39 PM
JimH

Default Re: Has anyone else found bad paint

The paint that you refer to is put on at the factory for the initial alignment of the tire/wheel. It was supposed to be water soluble, but it really wasn't. When the complaints reached NNA, they quickly changed the chemistry in Japan and all was well again in Z land. Until.... I spotted the dribbling gray paint on 3 of my wheels and in three days had an appointment w/regional NNA rep. He looked, clucked his tongue and apologized for my pain! He told me that my car was made 300 cars AFTER the chemistry change and he couldn't explain why this showed up on my car, but the wheels are heading back to Japan asap and he authorized new wheels for me immediately. He asked if I had any other complaints and I casually mentioned that I was beginning to see pressure roller marks on the passenger window, but I thought they would lessen as time wore on and I wasn't too concerned about that. I drove off rather pleased to have done business w/Nissan that day! I called the other day to see if my new wheels were in and they told me they had arrived AND a new window motor that the rep ordered for my grease marks! That surprised me as we spoke so little about that problem Nice move on his part. I went in for my 3550 mile oil change this past week and was again pleasantly surprised to receive a no charge stamp for the oil change and wash job!
Ahhhh, life is good in Z land! Regards, Jim

Originally posted by Electro Z

Just wondering

EZ
Old 12-01-2002, 10:03 AM
Electro Z

Default Wow... I like your contact with Nissan

I have had good contacts so far but I need to call and make sure they remember my rims. I also have some grease on my windows but figure it will go away soon.. if not.. I will point it out.. I have an aversion to taking my Z into the shop.. last tie someone decided to lean on the car with a zipper and pit a few small scratches in the clear coat.. I was not happy but they took care of it... If I could sit there with it I would feel better... I dont feel well when I have to leave it...

EZ