Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My power windows are driving me insane on this car

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 10:26 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is speed an issue as far as rolling them up? My passenger door motor seems like it's lagging a bit. It's just inconvenient when I roll everything up and I have to wait 1 extra second for it to play catch up. Not that I'm nitpicky but it has a different sound to it. Perhaps meaning it will die soon.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by babi350zgurl
I've got the same problem on my passenger window. When you pull the window button to roll up automatically, it goes to the top and rolls half way back down. But it will roll up if you hold it. Does anyone have this problem?
-Alex

By half down, do you mean the window rolls down halfway after going all the way up?
I think that happened to me once, and then the window motor went out.
I believe there is a TSB for the window motor replacement.
http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/350Z/Year.htm

For resetting the window motor:
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../NTB04-089.htm

Although I don't suggest you to do it yourself unless you know what you are doing.
If you are having problems with your window, i recommend not putting your windows down, because the motor will go out eventually, and you don't want to get stuck with the window down when it starts raining
Just take it to the dealership and have it checked out.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by SilverstoneZ
Do you know how hard it is to remove the door panel? I really havent looked into it on my 350z yet. I am thinking of pulling my drivers side off to see whats going on with the window this weekend.

Removal of the door panel is fairly simple.
You first need to remove the armrest, you just pull it back from the side away from the controls, towards the controls. Then there will be two screws you need to remove from the side, and one screw from the top where the little pocket is . Then there is another screw on top by the door handle. After you remove those, i think that's all the screws, you just pull the door panel upwards and away. That's it.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:10 PM
babi350zgurl

Originally Posted by Jun
By half down, do you mean the window rolls down halfway after going all the way up?
I think that happened to me once, and then the window motor went out.
I believe there is a TSB for the window motor replacement.
http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/350Z/Year.htm

For resetting the window motor:
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../NTB04-089.htm

Although I don't suggest you to do it yourself unless you know what you are doing.
If you are having problems with your window, i recommend not putting your windows down, because the motor will go out eventually, and you don't want to get stuck with the window down when it starts raining
Just take it to the dealership and have it checked out.

Yeap, it rolls up when you click it to roll up automatically, then it rolls half way back down.. it used to be occasionally, but now it's everytime... what should i do?
Old 06-16-2005, 05:16 PM
bama6speed

once you get the door panel off (i can tell you how to do that if you all need me to) there are little black sticky circle covers covering diffrent holes, find the one that is near the window motor(you might have to take a couple to find the black reset button.
once you find it roll your window all the way up but not with auto. once it is up, hold the reset button down and roll the window down all the way(also not using auto) till it stops.
after that test it.turn the car off completly before you unplug the switch panel so that you can put the door panel back on and do not plug the switch panel back in if the car is on. i hope this helps some of you. if this does not work for you carthere is another way to do it but i will have to ask another nissan tech.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:28 PM
domenic

I have a 2005 SB with only 3400 miles and i have the same streaking problem on my passenger side window. It makes a funny noise when the window rolls down and i notice the streak marks on the tint, pretty bad. I'm taking it to get fixed on my next oil change at 3750 miles.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:34 PM
ricks350z

Originally Posted by SilverstoneZ
I have an 03 and have this problem....

I went and got it fixed a couple weekends ago. The TSB covers removal and cleaning. Well me being the lucky one, my motor and reg were both dead and had to be replaced. $461 to fix everything.

I had a few choice words with them stating my opinion on a 2 year old car having this problem and knowing a good amount more 350z's have had this problem also.
I have the nissan extended warranty..no biggie..took to the dealer and got the car back same day..no charge whatsoever..no if I can just get someone to swap my hid headunit with someone under warranty tho.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:52 PM
cwerdna

Well, for mine, they said that the window regulator on one side had totally failed and the other was about to go. They didn't have the parts in, so I had to bring the Z back again today. All is fixed now and fine so far. Glad I'm still under warranty...
Old 06-21-2005, 08:22 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

update: my passenger side window won't go up completely (has 1" gap) when the door is closed. I reset the motor, and everything is back to normal now.

I also fixed the window streak myself, since it has passed the warranty period. Overall, not too hard to DIY.

thanks.