Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Feathering need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 02:36 PM
mirage328

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Feathering need some help

I have a 04 amd started to get the tire feathering aroung 11k took it to the Dealership at 12k and they agreed there was tire feathering. They told me it wasnt under warranty and a alinment may help so I agreed to a alinment witch they charge me for. I still have the tire roar so I called nissan and got in touch with a District Rep who did some reasearch for me and called me back to tell me they would not cover the tires. So now what I have to get new tires every 11k miles? Help anyone have a answer
Old 06-02-2005, 02:54 PM
DayBlueZ

That's BS, take it to a different dealership.
There are hundreds of us, myself included, that have 04 Z's with tire problems. They have paid for ours/mine.
It's a known problem with the vehicle, documented well, so, push hard and get what you deserve, Free tires and re-imbursement for the alignment.
There are also many threads on here about the same problem you are having.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:00 PM
boma

I agree. Most of us are experincing the same problem. Don't pay for that alignment. On all the new cars I had, none of them experienced pull where I needed an alignment until like 30k miles or more.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:31 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mirage, there are zillions of threads with zillions of posts to read on the topic. A short digest :

- It is just noise. You don't have to rush out to buy tires etc. Mine get to the point where I can barely drive the car, but it is still just noise.

- The alignment claims to reduce the amount of wear. But if the damage is done, it is too late. Flipping the tires SIDE to SIDE might make the noise lower for a while (you must unmount from the rim and mount on the other side). The dealer might have done this. If the damage is too deep, even fliping them won't help.

- The TSB (technical services bulleting) only covers 2003. So it will be your determination and finding a good dealer that will listen that might get you a new set of fronts and a free alignment.

If you end up having to buy tires (if all else fails), try to get something else that is not RE040s. To make them last longer make sure that front TOE setting is extremely precise.

Call NNA and open a complaint, see if they can help you witht he dealer. Try another dealer. See if somebody here with an 04 has had luck with any particular dealer close to you.

Hope that digests most of the longer threads.