Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Gf just broke up with me cause of the Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 07:58 PM
zownz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaah you guys are histerical

i went to the same thing so i slow down on spending on the Z. Let her know that she is my #1 priority. Other may say drop the girl keep the Z but it is all up to you. I would slow down on the Z and keep the gurl. 3 years is long commitment you have there. If you sick, will your Z cooks and take care for you? You can get something out of your gurl if you pump money in, you would get NOTHING when you keep pumping money to your Z.

I think im going with my man Bubbles advice
Old 06-06-2005, 08:10 PM
lane myers

either something else is wrong or she is giving you a wake up call... has she done this before (had mini/fake breakups?)...

anyways, when i got my z, my girl was excited and she knows i plan on spending money on it, she even entertains conversations about going n/a versus f/i.

if you are paying for her meals (and probably other things), if you are paying for anything of hers, she should be grateful, and not say a word to you about you spend her money.

i'd understand her point if you guys had a baby and your modding habbit was cutting into baby food money, but she's just your girlfriend who doesnt like how you are spending your money (ie not on her or for her benefit)...

...unless there is something you are not telling us...
Old 06-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not saying to ditch the girl... by all means try to get back together.

If she tried to work this out with you in the past and you two never worked it out, that's a different story.

Maybe you sorta saw this coming, in that case it would be appropriate for you to call up and apologize and cut back Z spending etc.

But if she left you without trying to work it out at all, I'm saying let her call you back with the apology.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:21 PM
mofoz

you have a pretty short mod list to have spent all your money on the Z, move on.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good riddance. if you cave on this, just cut your ***** off and hand them to her, cuz she will own them.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:39 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

dont worry ..she is not worth it as u can see..youll find sum1 better just let it be...incase if u stress just take a look outside and realize you do have a z
Old 06-06-2005, 08:41 PM
VeilsideZ33

all i gotta say is... NOT COOL.

but for the future... whenever she asks what was how much, cut the price in half
Old 06-06-2005, 09:02 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If she cut a 3 year relationship on a car, then the girls got more issues than you can see.

You sure it's not just the Z spending?
Was the relationship already spiralling to shiet?

It's just a lame excuse for her to tell you she want's "out".
Any girl who's THAT fickle shouldn't even be in a relationship. I'm sure theres more signs that you've chosen to ignore or not mention.

With that said, good luck and hope it works out.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:12 PM
mrhammer

Originally Posted by Z BOY
good riddance. if you cave on this, just cut your ***** off and hand them to her, cuz she will own them.
LOL...how true..she owns you now dude..Have a toast to your last decision and the end of your manhood.

Soon you will have to ask her if you can drive your Z...."damn" soon she will be making you sell it so she can buy some shoes.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:22 PM
atar350

All of us can make assumptions and try to act cool by saying pick up a new chick. But none of us know a damn thing about these people, I have been with my GF 2 years to the day tomorrow, you are not with someone that long if they arent the most important thing to you. Maybe you were in this relationship for the wrong reasons, maybe she just wanted a guy that has a nice car and could buy them a house, maybe after you got the Z, that all you think about, and now you are a totally different person. There are a ton of things that could be going on, I'm in the same situation, I plan on buying my GF and I a dream home, you dont do that kind of stuff for just any girl. I also talk to my GF about buying **** for my car, she understands that I really like my car, and want to do things to it, but she knows how to keep me from blowing everything on a Turbo kit and built motor. Personally, there are more important things in life then a Turbo Z, although I plan on doing so, I would take a happy home, hot girl, and great relationship over modding the Z. Maybe you should look over this situation and not listen to the people on this forum, from the junk I'm reading, you'll never find the right girl if you acted like some people are saying. More important things then your MOD LIST Imo....good luck.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:37 PM
mrhammer

Originally Posted by atar350
All of us can make assumptions and try to act cool by saying pick up a new chick. But none of us know a damn thing about these people, I have been with my GF 2 years to the day tomorrow, you are not with someone that long if they arent the most important thing to you. Maybe you were in this relationship for the wrong reasons, maybe she just wanted a guy that has a nice car and could buy them a house, maybe after you got the Z, that all you think about, and now you are a totally different person. There are a ton of things that could be going on, I'm in the same situation, I plan on buying my GF and I a dream home, you dont do that kind of stuff for just any girl. I also talk to my GF about buying **** for my car, she understands that I really like my car, and want to do things to it, but she knows how to keep me from blowing everything on a Turbo kit and built motor. Personally, there are more important things in life then a Turbo Z, although I plan on doing so, I would take a happy home, hot girl, and great relationship over modding the Z. Maybe you should look over this situation and not listen to the people on this forum, from the junk I'm reading, you'll never find the right girl if you acted like some people are saying. More important things then your MOD LIST Imo....good luck.
Damn dude...he said his girl left him because he spends money on his car...he said the woman paid for 2 meals for him in 3 years...its his girlfriend not his wife.
Whats more important than a MOD LIST is to not ruin your life for a selfish woman who you might not be happy with in the long run. He has some things to think about.
IMO your advice is short sighted...but its his life.

Last edited by mrhammer; 06-06-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:52 PM
BigMoeTaki42

Like others have said man, are you sure the only issue is spending money on the Z? Unless it's affecting other things in your life (like spending money on a car instead of, say, food) then I really don't think it should be that big of a problem. But I understand how it works man, girls don't always seem to think the same way we do. And maybe you have to look at it from her point of view; wouldn't you be pissed if she spent all that money on her hair?
Good luck, don't do something you're gonna regret, but don't cling onto a girl that doesn't treat you right.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:58 PM
GreekZ33

dag yo... it sucks when the g/f gives you **** about spending money on your car! it's my car and it's my money! as you can tell, my Z has come between me and my g/f on a few occasions. She knows who i'd pick... and that's why she drops the argument.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:16 PM
wireben

I truly hope that you knuckle heads letting modding your car get in the way of your relationship are youngsters that are still learning how to deal with your significant other. Until you are married, DO NOT combine bank accounts, DO NOT let her know an exact amount of money you have, DO NOT let her control your spending, and DO NOT in any way give her the upper hand in the "final saying" of how things are going to be. She can give her opinion and you can take that in consideration, but remember you have a say in things as well. If you are one of these guys that always agrees with your lady and does things for her, with her, etc...even though you do not want to, the relationship will, not possibly, will get old in time.

Lets get some stats on you zownz...

How old are you?
Do you have career rather than a job?
What type of income do you make?
Are you fat & ugly or Are you a goodlooking guy?
Are you packing where it matters?
Do you have your own place?
Have you ever cheated on your GF?
Has she ever cheated on you?
Do you have alot of friends?
What else are you into other than modding your Z?

Depending on the above answers, I can tell you if you should suck it up and run back to your girlfriend because "you spend too much money on your Z". This was your first mistake by letting her know how much everything costs...Didn't your dad or buddies ever teach you about stretching the truth of the actual costs. Or maybe you have a joint account together even though you are not married & she sees the transactions herself. Whatever the situation, you have some blame in this because you still have some learning to do my friend.

A 2 - 3 year relationship is long, but if she can call it quits because of your spending habits and not sit down and talk to you about it...something else is wrong. Maybe some of your stats are not good enough and she has...lets say found them somewhere else.

My recommendation is to ask the admins to delete this thread and take this conversation to your family and friends that know you 2 the best. I would absolutely never take real-life situation advice from "online forum" cyber people...And yes this includes myself.

Good luck

PS. Dump her if you are a young, goodlooking, have your own place, good career guy. Kiss her A## and get her back if you are an old, fat, KFC working, living with parents type of guy.

BP...

Last edited by wireben; 06-06-2005 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:18 PM
wireben

Originally Posted by atar350

I want to see the same stats on you, because I almost punched myself in the face after reading your post...Geeezeeeeeeeee...
Old 06-06-2005, 10:30 PM
GreekZ33

1. I'm 20
2. I have a job that is a career for others (restaurant manager at a rather busy location)
3.closer to $40K
4.I am not fat or ugly. i'm not dropdead gorgeous, but i'm good looking
5.i'm greek... of course
6.Yes I do
7. Never once (and i dont plan on starting)
8. nope (said with confidence!!)
9. Yes. i'm very well liked by everyone
10. Did i mention i'm a fulltime college student?.. and a have a full time job? plus a girlfriend of 1.5 years and dog? not much time for anything else.. maybe sleep

i hope this answers some questions. if things don't go well (and i'm not sure right now about the outcome), i don't think i'll have much trouble moving on.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:33 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my girl "demands" that I get a TT kit and mod out my Z - lol

she "demands" it cause she knows I'll like it and she wants me to be happy and doesn't want to get in the way of me being happy. Especially since we're getting married and I gave up the notion of getting a Lotus elise in addition to my Z in order to afford to get married. She'd only step in and tell me to stop or slow down my spending if I wasn't able to pay my bills - which is what you want

In fact, my girl is actually kinda into cars now too. She recognizes cars and knows all sorts of specs about them and details on car performance etc.

Ironically, my best friend is the one who completely disagrees with me spending money on a sports car. He thinks it's a total waste of money to ultimately accomplish a pointless quest of getting from here to there and burning as much gas as possible. He just doesn't get it or understand the thrill of driving...

Last edited by sentry65; 06-06-2005 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:38 PM
03FIDDYZ

start spending your money on drugs and see which one she wants you to spend money on more...kidding
Old 06-06-2005, 10:53 PM
The Liu Man

3 Weeks Ago...

Sorry, I just had to. You and me are in the same boat, man. Congrats! Enjoy being single again because the last 3 weeks or so have been grrrrrrrrreat

Last edited by The Liu Man; 06-06-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:01 PM
wireben

Sorry, I just had to. You and me are in the same boat, man. Congrats! Enjoy being single again because the last 3 weeks or so have been grrrrrrrrreat

LOL...Greatness!!!

You bring up a good point...I modded my freakin girl before even touching my Z.

Mod 1 = I bought her $1000+ diamond earings,
Mod 2 = $800 Louis Vuitton purses,
Mod 3 = Several $100-200 day spa treatment
Mod 4 = 2 - $500-1000 trips...and who knows what else.

Now if I want to drop MY MONEY...on MYSELF (If this is towards the Z, oh well)...She has no say so in it, she has already been modded up!!!

BP...

Last edited by wireben; 06-06-2005 at 11:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Gf just broke up with me cause of the Z