2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Prepare for snow day help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 03:39 PM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prepare for snow day help!

I'm in Northern Virginia, and we're expecting about 2-4inches of snow this Thursday, and my Z is outside, non-garaged (getting a cover for it soon, but won't be here by Thursday).. Anyone have any suggestions on anything I can do for my Z?
Old 12-03-2002, 03:54 PM
tpfalkowski

Take a ride to Florida for a while, thats all I got.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:57 PM
Ricky
Banned

Okay, and suppose the snow melts and freezes at night, any suggestions on removing the ice? I know there is brushes, but NO WAY in hell am I using those on my black car! They would leave countless scratches..
Old 12-03-2002, 05:49 PM
flyz33

dude i live in va too and it looks to be more than 2-4 inches. They are saying 8+ inches for northern va. Well anyways are cars will be fine if not garaged just let the snow melt off. Don't try scaping a thing! Z's are too beatiful to scape! no big deal really, the snow will look neat on the car anyways (take pics of it)
Old 12-04-2002, 03:50 AM
mikersoft

It looks like it's gonna stay very cold overnight & tomorrow (snow should be powder) , so when it stops snowing, you should be able to easily brush the snow off the car.

I am fortunate & have a garage... My Z is hibernating in there for awhile...

-Mike
Old 12-04-2002, 04:19 AM
montemac

I just got my DB Touring on 11/29 so at least I got a few good days of driving in. My baby will be in the garage until the snow melts. Guess I'll have to bring out the back up/snow car for a while. I'll see all the other No. VA Z drivers soon!

DB Touring in Leesburg
Old 12-04-2002, 05:05 AM
VaGentleman

Well, I park in a garage at work and there's a rental car agency there too, so I thought about leaving my car in the garage and renting a car to drive back and forth until the roads are not wet and salty.

However, I don't know how often (or if) the security guards patrol the garage area over night so I put that idea in the round file.

I decided to use my car cover and leave it covered until the roads are dry. In the meantime, I'll be driving a rental car (they pick you up or drop the car off to you)...maybe an Impala or even a Grand Prix!!!

VG
Old 12-04-2002, 06:21 AM
WashUJon

DUDE!

Its JUST snow... lol

It won't hurt anything!

REMAIN CALM
Old 12-04-2002, 06:42 AM
350zLord
Banned

DUDE,

Like Someone else said its like 8+, just dont drive it and you'll be fine, its like any other car there are no special precautions just let it melt off. Just dont drive in the snow otherwise it'll look like this......

picture courtesy of lemans350z
Attached Thumbnails Prepare for snow day help!-lemans350z_03.jpg  
Old 12-04-2002, 06:48 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ooo snow, Im just worried about the supposed ice storm that sposed to hit here(im skeptical) if theres ice on the road, my Z isnt going anywhere.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:05 AM
VaGentleman

DUDE!!

Each snowflake is created with a nucleus of dust. We are going to have 8+ inches of snow. Can you imagine how much dust/crap would be left on the car if I just waited until the snow melts??

VG
Old 12-04-2002, 08:20 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by VaGentleman
DUDE!!

Each snowflake is created with a nucleus of dust. We are going to have 8+ inches of snow. Can you imagine how much dust/crap would be left on the car if I just waited until the snow melts??

VG
LOL

Gimme a break...

LOL

::smacks forehead::
Old 12-04-2002, 08:24 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dust cant scratch a car if it isnt wiped across the surface, it also doesnt have enough force by itself it scratch the surface.

its not looking good for me tho, cars outside unprotected, and their saying half an inch of ICE; not snow. and I have to take it out tomarrow morning for an 8AM final, assuming college isnt canceled. booooo
Old 12-04-2002, 09:09 AM
Gendo Ikari

Why does everyone in Virginia overreact to the prospect of snow? OMG hurry up and buy some bread before it starts snowing!!! And some cocoa pebbles too!!!!!!!!!!111
Old 12-04-2002, 09:30 AM
montemac

I agree! We've all lived in VA for a while now and every winter it's the same thing, PANIC.

With respect to the Z, I kept my front-wheel drive car specifically to drive when the weather is bad. Coming from the north, I learned how to drive in the snow but a lot of these VA people can't even drive in the rain!

Even if my Z had the Blizzak's, it wouldn't see a snow-covered road in VA until people learn how to properly handle their vehicles.

Well, I'm off to Giant! Ha Ha
Old 12-04-2002, 09:51 AM
buzzdsm

Default You VA boys need to quit worrying

I'm not getting a 350Z until March but have had numerous sports cars in the winter here in Iowa and you just have to be careful.

I had a Civic Si that was dropped an 1 1/2 (Not much) and it would actually plow the snow which wasn't very good for the front end.

All the sports cars that I've had (74 Z-28, 89 Formula, etc.) I've driven in the snow and you just have to go slow. Bleieve me there is nothing worse then a 74 Z-28 with a L-88 427 and the widest tires you can buy on the back. everyone today is spoiled with ABS, traction control, etc which makes them not know how to handle the snow.

The only people in Iowa that get in accidents are the idiots in SUV's who think that they can go 90 because they have 4wd. I always laugh when I pass them in the ditch.

Last edited by buzzdsm; 12-04-2002 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:43 AM
WashUJon

Default Re: You VA boys need to quit worrying

Originally posted by buzzdsm
I'm not getting a 350Z until March but have had numerous sports cars in the winter here in Iowa and you just have to be careful.

I had a Civic Si that was dropped an 1 1/2 (Not much) and it would actually plow the snow which wasn't very good for the front end.

All the sports cars that I've had (74 Z-28, 89 Formula, etc.) I've driven in the snow and you just have to go slow. Bleieve me there is nothing worse then a 74 Z-28 with a L-88 427 and the widest tires you can buy on the back. everyone today is spoiled with ABS, traction control, etc which makes them not know how to handle the snow.

The only people in Iowa that get in accidents are the idiots in SUV's who think that they can go 90 because they have 4wd. I always laugh when I pass them in the ditch.
I used to pass stuck SUVs on I55 in IL during blizzards in my VR-4... lol

(you shoulda seen their faces)

Quick Reply: Prepare for snow day help!