2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Saying Goodbye, Z ya

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 02:08 PM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DonCorleone,

Very sorry to hear about your problems. My paranoia kept it from happening to me. I kept calling NNA until I got confirmation that my order was on the books. I am sure that if I hadn't, I would be in your shoes now. The car is wonderful. If you can get over your justified rage at getting screwed by your dealer, find a good local dealer and see if you can get a car soon.
Old 12-04-2002, 03:02 PM
Jumpman--Z

You can't really blame Nissan, only dealers. I had to deal with the same thing when getting my car. The first six dealers that we visited tried to give us the run around. It was a while before we finally found a dealership that wouldn't give us any crap. I was able to buy my car with all of the options that I wanted at first, and we only had to pay MSRP for it.

One thing I learned from this experience is that there are honest dealerships that just want to make a sell, but their are greedy, a$$hole dealerships that want to give you the runaround and lie and bull$#@t their way into getting as much as they can. Toyota and Mazda are great companies, but I expect some their dealers to do the same thing with the upcoming Supra and RX-8. Greedy bastards.

Don't give up on the company, just try another dealer.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:30 PM
qirex

Default Re: Dealers in San diego county need help

Originally posted by zland
The nissan delaers in San diego county have lost almost all of their master techs (skilled mechanics) simply because they will not pay a sufficient wage to skillled labor and opt to hire low skilled labor instead. Most master techs have opened their own repair shops now. Oddly, nissan dealers now call small shops to get advise on how to repair their own cars because that is where their former master techs now work. Fortunately for me, my brother is one of those former master techs thus i do not have to worry about unskilled mechanics working on my car. This is another area Nissan needs to work on...insisting their dealers have skilled mechanics.
I'm moving to SD in the spring...

gimme some names so i can keep my baby running great

thx
Old 12-04-2002, 04:54 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Hey, if Nissan dealers pay more for good mechanics, we pay more for our cars. I'd rather do the work myself or take the car to a good mechanic I trust. I say let the dealers deal. I wouldn't trust my car care to a dealership anyway.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:04 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Sad truth

It is not an issue of raising prices to you. the dealers are charging $70 per hour + yet paying mechanics $17 per flag hour. 20 years agao, mechanics would make 40-50% of the charged hourly shop rate. Now, it is under 30% of the rate. It is called delaers being greedy. They can pay their skilled mechanics more but don't want to. Now, many mechanics are just removing and replacing parts because they do not know how to diagnose a problem due to lack of training & experience. Why would a master tech stay at a dealer if they are not paid well. Another trick they do is give the easy work like a 30K serive to the least skilled techs because anyone can do it and give the harder work to the master techs but because it is not easy/fast work, they actually get paid less. The gravy jobs are brake jobs and 30K services. Again, just reasons why many master techs in SD county have opened their own shops.