Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

07 Nissan Models

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 03:49 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by barthelb
Its the Nismo Z. Some people know about it but most dont. They took the vq35de and added a continuim transfunctioner to the exhaust manifold increasing air volume and fuel volume. Similar to a turbo, this consequently increased cylinder pressure and thermo levels beyond what most metals could sustain that are readily available. So Nissan sourced some flexible re-usable surface insulation. The engineers at NASA were outsourced to construct cylinder walls made of ceramic tiles. Which is part of the new TPS (Thermal Protection System) system. Weight of the Z does go up but the chassis rigidity is 2nd to none, allowing for more power potential!
Yea but I hears that they couldn't maximize the output pressure to 14.832 psi and it was throwing a check code to the ECU. Maybe if they cross linked the exhaust manifold to the continuim transfunctioner they could bypass the fididler valve, and save the insulation project with NASA and use it to solve the freaking cheap paint jobs!!!
Old 06-17-2005, 06:28 PM
damoniusmonk

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by barthelb
Its the Nismo Z. Some people know about it but most dont. They took the vq35de and added a continuim transfunctioner to the exhaust manifold increasing air volume and fuel volume. Similar to a turbo, this consequently increased cylinder pressure and thermo levels beyond what most metals could sustain that are readily available. So Nissan sourced some flexible re-usable surface insulation. The engineers at NASA were outsourced to construct cylinder walls made of ceramic tiles. Which is part of the new TPS (Thermal Protection System) system. Weight of the Z does go up but the chassis rigidity is 2nd to none, allowing for more power potential!
I am one of the people who was in the know.

I actually have obtained a lower-functioning continuum transfunctioner for use in my non-ceramic reinforced Z. It's great, it just slides right in. The hyperlytic cooler allows all the volume increase you would need, but of course not as much as the NASA ceramic one will allow.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:27 PM
waitin407

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

luckily nissan is also relasing the z killer in 07

sorry i had to....
Old 06-17-2005, 10:36 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Don't forget the new color choices.
My dealer said that this paint is made by NASA too!
Attached Thumbnails 07 Nissan Models-pink.jpg  
Old 06-18-2005, 01:20 AM
zillinois

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Direct quote from my dealer. -> "Cummins Diesel and duallys for the Titan next year!" That is what the owner of the dealership said at a recent dealer sponsored car show! I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:54 AM
Glasgow Smile
dat title

There actually might be some truth to the diesel rumor.

John (frequents many Titan forums)
Old 06-18-2005, 05:17 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by damoniusmonk
I am one of the people who was in the know.

I actually have obtained a lower-functioning continuum transfunctioner for use in my non-ceramic reinforced Z. It's great, it just slides right in. The hyperlytic cooler allows all the volume increase you would need, but of course not as much as the NASA ceramic one will allow.
Yea, but I got to try out the 2nd generation of the continum transfunctioner and found that they fixed the problem that the first generation had with the increase in temps with the increase in intake pressure. I found since they by-pass the secondary transfunctioners, they could reach a intake temp close to ZERO DEGREES KALVIN!!! It truly is a milestone in development.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:56 AM
Speck

meh... i went and looked at one at the dealership today.. and i saw one hidden in the corner with a cover on it.. with guard dogs walking around being led by guys with automatic rifles.. i dont know whatelse was on it.. but i know i distinctly saw muffler belts.. and we alll know what kinda gains those muffler belts have been giving..

id like to imagine they used your transfunctioners in conjunction with muffler belts.. if they did.. WOA... look out F-22 youve got a boggie on your six...
Old 06-18-2005, 11:55 AM
The Mike

Talking

Originally Posted by Speck
meh... i went and looked at one at the dealership today.. and i saw one hidden in the corner with a cover on it.. with guard dogs walking around being led by guys with automatic rifles.. i dont know whatelse was on it.. but i know i distinctly saw muffler belts.. and we alll know what kinda gains those muffler belts have been giving..

id like to imagine they used your transfunctioners in conjunction with muffler belts.. if they did.. WOA... look out F-22 youve got a boggie on your six...

Pssss.. that's nothing... I've already got 22,000 lbs of thrust per muffler w/o the belts. You guys need to get up to speed. 0 - 70,000ft with 90 degree verticle lift in just 2 and a half minutes.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Speck

Originally Posted by The Mike
Pssss.. that's nothing... I've already got 22,000 lbs of thrust per muffler w/o the belts. You guys need to get up to speed. 0 - 70,000ft with 90 degree verticle lift in just 2 and a half minutes.

jesus..... thats alot.. did it come factory like that?

man i cant wait to see you dyno with the belts then

and whas that Race JP or just standard JP or was it like JP8?

man thats sick..
Old 06-19-2005, 11:03 AM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by Bebopin Spike
There actually might be some truth to the diesel rumor.

John (frequents many Titan forums)
maybe

never heard anything about the z though....just the trucks
Old 06-19-2005, 02:11 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya i also heard the 2031 models have a V24 and Tri-Turbo.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:14 PM
bio911

Within a couple of months we will be able to go back to the future