Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

ADVICE: 350z vs G35 vs C6 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:33 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's probably just me, but aside from the Z3 or Z4, I think all BMW's look pretty much exactly the same....
Old 07-01-2005, 11:08 AM
ssgohan434

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonjm
pretty simple, you probably have to own your own business for a start. Then you get the company to make the payments, and then show that the car is for say 90% business use

then because the entire lease payment is money that will be worth nothing in the end (no asset whatsoever, its money down the drain), you can write off 90% of the payment

of course you are still paying for the car, because lets say I am at a 40% tax bracket, then I get to effectively write off really 40% of 90%, the rest is still money out of my pocket
so if u have the option of buying a new car or leasing a car, and u own ur own business, its better to lease? Damn, i should have leased then, but took it as personal car because of the lower interest rates. Thanks for the tid bit of info.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:43 AM
HighwaySpeed

C6 With Z51
Old 07-01-2005, 02:10 PM
jasonjm

well all, I actually managed to drive all 3 cars within 2 hours today.... (C6, G35 and 350Z)

I'm sold on the C6, but each to their own...

C6 was definitely the fastest in a straight line, and strangely enough I also felt it was the least effort to cruise around town in. The dealer was nice, I got a 20 min / 15 mile run in a C6. The throttle and brake on the C6 are very user friendly, and the one I drove didn't have the Z51 package, but maybe it was a good thing, because it soaked up the bad roads very nicely....
In fact I prefered it for just cruising around even to my e90 330i sports, which has a harsher ride than the C6..... Cornering was decent, the amazing thing is that the ride in the C6 stock was actually so pleasant I am not sure if the Z51 will just make it too harsh and therefore a less enjoyable daily driver. Because even though the ride was smooth, it could still corner pretty well!

Sorry elms350Z - I didn'tmean to get overexcited with my reply

ssgohan434 - as a business owner its better to lease and here is why: if you don't lease you can only depreciate your car.... and only over many years, and you cannot depreciate a car down to 0, its always worth something! I have had many arguments with my accountants on buy vs lease, and they finally showed me why it just doesnt make sense to buy if you can get the tax writeoffs. The only way it makes sense to buy is if you KNOW you are going to be in the same car 6 years from now, I think the longest I have ever driven a car is maybe 24 months?

HighwaySpeed: does the Z51 package make the ride on a C6 much harsher? Kind of weighing whether that extra performance is really worth it? I mean the C6 certainly handles well in stock form, and I will never race it on tracks, so wondering if Z51 is the way to go? (also heard some complaints about brake squealing on Z51s). I am sure the Z51 package will give better road feedback, and probably more stability at higher speeds, and definitely better cornering, but since I am in the car for 2-3 hours per day at least, wondering if Z51 will kick my ***

Gators2001: what would my dream car be? I actually dunno, but probably some sort of Ferrari (I think they are the best looking of the exotics)

Last edited by jasonjm; 07-01-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:30 PM
rickyj59

I own a 350Z and the C6 was my dream car. Since I bought the Z I don't think about C6 corvettes anymore. It's fast enough for me. I say test drive them both and buy the one you like the best.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
jasonjm

Originally Posted by rickyj59
I own a 350Z and the C6 was my dream car. Since I bought the Z I don't think about C6 corvettes anymore. It's fast enough for me. I say test drive them both and buy the one you like the best.
I drove them all within a 2 hr timeframe

I liked them all actually, but C6 was my first choice, but wouldn't have a problem driving any of them

Cars really are much better these days

I placed an order for a 2006 corvette already
Old 07-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jasonjm
I drove them all within a 2 hr timeframe

I liked them all actually, but C6 was my first choice, but wouldn't have a problem driving any of them

Cars really are much better these days

I placed an order for a 2006 corvette already
Congrats, I would have picked the C6 too. It's such a badass car. Too bad you won't be modding it. WHat color did you get?
Old 07-01-2005, 05:38 PM
rickyj59

Congrats.....good choice...have fun!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:47 PM
jasonjm

yes, getting 6 speed auto paddle shift, I'm on the allocation list for sept/oct delivery

The new auto is unknown, hope its cool! I doubt its gonna be like my E46 M3 paddle shift, but who knows, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised

I'm still sidelined on the Z51 package, part of me really wants it for when I drive hard that 10% of the time, but I am just wondering if the harder ride is worth the pain in the *** for driving it around town for hours of a day

I ordered silver, with the cashmere leather.... was wondering if I should have got silver car with gray leather, but I am not sure how that would look..... may look too plain having the same color inside and out

I was thinking about black exterior too, but went with silver for the car color in the end. Actually I may change my mind, the black exterior with gray interior would look sharp I bet! what you guys think?

Part of my reason to order the vette over the other 2 cars was for once to buy American. I have lived here long enough and never owned an american car, about time I bought an American car to support local economy
Old 07-01-2005, 06:58 PM
imoz

Buy a C6 Z06.
http://www.chevrolet.com/corvettez06/
Old 07-01-2005, 06:59 PM
jasonjm

mc350z, so you agree with me that black exterior with gray leather would look sharp eh? I think I may have to change my order to that scheme!

that steering wheel with the paddles you told me to go look at is also different -
the car I drove today had a 4 spoke steering wheel

Apparently Audi have the best paddle shifter, never used them though. The SMG on my M3 could sometimes change so hard under big accel that it would almost cause whiplash lol

Anyways I dunno what the corv paddle change will be like, hope its cool, hope it isnt some clunky feeling auto trans
Old 07-01-2005, 07:00 PM
jasonjm

Originally Posted by imoz

thats an expensive car though Imoz

and its going to be hard to get one too
Old 07-01-2005, 07:07 PM
imoz

Its pricier, but if you're going to lease you might be able to make it work. There's practically nothing that can touch it that doesn't cost a half million dollars.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:54 PM
jasonjm

I know my way around los angeles and surrounding areas so well that I am like a NAV unit myself, so no point, lol

If I get lost once in 6 months thats a lot
Old 07-01-2005, 09:05 PM
MADDOG`

Even if you are throwing up an apples and oranges comparison, go with the c6. Best bang for the buck out there. I considered a C5 before I bought the Z but I wasn't looking for a grand tourer, I was looking for a basic sports car, hence my pick of the Track model.

Yep, it's hard to pass up that horsepower but after driving the Z, the C5 felt floaty, wallowy and that butt design really sucked.

I've driven a C6 and I can honestly say that if that was available in 2003, I would have picked it over the Z.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:25 PM
jasonjm

Originally Posted by MADDOG`
Even if you are throwing up an apples and oranges comparison, go with the c6. Best bang for the buck out there. I considered a C5 before I bought the Z but I wasn't looking for a grand tourer, I was looking for a basic sports car, hence my pick of the Track model.

Yep, it's hard to pass up that horsepower but after driving the Z, the C5 felt floaty, wallowy and that butt design really sucked.

I've driven a C6 and I can honestly say that if that was available in 2003, I would have picked it over the Z.
Maddog, you reckon the Z51 perf package is necesary? more and more ppl seem to say thats the way to go.....
Old 07-01-2005, 09:42 PM
wtf no turbo

Lease the vette then buy a new skyline in 07.350z vs c6 isnt even fair.

Quick Reply: ADVICE: 350z vs G35 vs C6 corvette