Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z or mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Gralark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As to your concern about the seats, the leather seats are very comfortable. I drove my new 2006 Z 550 miles on the way back home from the dealership. IMO the Z looks like a true sportscar, where as the mustang to me does not. The Z looks way better inside and out, IMO. I use my Z as a daily driver as well. If your gonna change ur mind and get a Z, go with a 2006!
I test drove everything out there before i purchased my Z, and like you I even considered the mustang (briefly). Just make sure u take them both for a good test drive, look them both over really well, then make ur decision based on that. Good Luck!
Old 10-28-2005, 10:12 AM
ayman350z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nissan man
Old 10-29-2005, 08:25 PM
abyss

I did my research between the Z, the Mustang GT, the Subaru Legacy GT, and the GTO. I see more mustangs on the road than Grand Ams, Sunfires, and Civics now so that threw that one out the door and the Z stole my heart when I sat in it and took a ride in it. Its a care that I can count on one hand how many I'v seen and that is a plus to me. Having a rare car that looks and performs like the Z does is all it took to make me know the Z is what I want. Don't let someone else make your decision for you, the right car for you will grab you.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:04 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Which did you buy?
Old 10-29-2005, 09:48 PM
jakesford

wow 2 months and its back...

BTW: 03' 04' cobra >>>> 350Z, hum build quality, lets see, you can put a pulley, intake, exhaust, and a tune and you have well over 500whp on a motor that has proven reliable up to 700hp

but i bought an 03' Z why, i wanted a "Sports Car" not another "muscle car"...

Comparing these cars that are in two different classes isn't really fair...

I've read countless threads trying to prove that the 03' 04' cobra's are greater than C5 vette's and Z06's. Basically the same conclusion, apples to oranges.

If you want out of the box performance the Z is probally a better choice, but you could get a new stang for less and mods are much cheaper with much higher gains. Plus now that the aftermarket has had a decade with the "mod" motor, there are countless manufactures making parts now and the 4.6 and 5.4 is extremely easy to work on, just as easy as the old 5.0 and 5.8 pushrod engines...

Good luck have fun, i've had my 93' mustang coupe with lots of nitrous and it was a blast but my Z is too just in different ways
Old 10-30-2005, 04:18 AM
bloodwings19

Z for long-term car, same engine as other Nissan main cars, so looking for parts won't be hard at all. Ford, or Lincoln LS, is one of the worst Ford we've own, we still own it though only to drive to work which is 5 miles. We had problems of windows not rolling back up, tailights and foglights burnt out 2X, rearview mirror lost compass readings, CD won't come out and most importantly, making loud noise when driving- just fixed it for $250 because we knew a car tech. And its a V8. Can't sell it because we would be eating a lot of money on depreciation, and its only a 10 minute drive. And I don't know which magazine, but it was branded CAR OF THE YEAR for 2000, or 2001, I can't remember. VW and BMW, forget about it, I might add I blew the Turbo just driving normally on the GTi. Traded that lemon in for the Z.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:50 AM
itburns

Originally Posted by bloodwings19
Z for long-term car, same engine as other Nissan main cars, so looking for parts won't be hard at all. Ford, or Lincoln LS, is one of the worst Ford we've own, we still own it though only to drive to work which is 5 miles. We had problems of windows not rolling back up, tailights and foglights burnt out 2X, rearview mirror lost compass readings, CD won't come out and most importantly, making loud noise when driving- just fixed it for $250 because we knew a car tech. And its a V8. Can't sell it because we would be eating a lot of money on depreciation, and its only a 10 minute drive. And I don't know which magazine, but it was branded CAR OF THE YEAR for 2000, or 2001, I can't remember. VW and BMW, forget about it, I might add I blew the Turbo just driving normally on the GTi. Traded that lemon in for the Z.
Feelin sorry for you right now, sounds like you have an inordinant share of bad luck with your cars. Sorry to hear about the Lincoln LS, I always liked that car and thought it was a pretty cool American sedan.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:17 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Z hands down! Better handling and more potential! Stock Z vs Stock gt .. Z anyday and everyday!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:52 AM
xcolt45

I own a mustang myself...
6 cylinder version though *tear*
handling SUCKS
I hate it
I mean my friend has a 300zx and that thing sticks to the road like glue

That's american muscle for ya though

Interior of the mustang - a lot of cheap plastic.. but I love it.. can't go wrong with it.. except for things snapping off and cracking.. mine only has less than 2,000 miles

exterior of the mustang - beautiful..... especially with 70 year olds reminding them of there high school years

I love my car
just too many of them
my local high school has about 16

-Colt
(i'm starting to go crazy)

Last edited by xcolt45; 10-30-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:25 AM
02gt350

i test drove a 05 saleen a while back. sticker was 58,900. i test drove a 30,000 stock z and it felt better. the more i read about these the more i want to get rid of my mustang. but by the way. a z will not take a stang off the line. unless they arnt tryin or horrible drivers. i have bald tires and still get 5 sec flat 0-60 times
Old 10-31-2005, 11:03 PM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad68
So which one is Bruce Lee, the Z or the Mustang? Cuz everybody knows when both were in their prime and or alive in Bruce's case, Bruce Lee could kick Ali's a$$ all day long:-D
The Z is obviously Bruce Lee, lighter and quicker on its feet, superior strength to weight ratio, good Jeet Kun Do balance and nimbleness with the 53/47 weight distribution. The liquid nature of the Z allows it to flow more fluidly, and the Z is cut, no fat or flab.

The Stang is Cassius Clay, all brute force and terrible, fearsome power, and when he connects, you feel the staggering blow (especially off the line). He tries to "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee", but is only slightly behind on the skidpad as well as front/rear distribution. Still a competitor, close fight.

But the real question is...which fighter can hold more drinks?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thunderbolt
I have a 03 Z and a 05 Mustang GT Ragtop. Both are M/T cars. Yestaerday was the Mustangs day to be driven todays is the Z. The Z loves to be driven fast. The Mustang likes to cruse. The only looks I get in the Z is, well none. The Mustangs gets the thumbs up and lots of smiles. The butt dyno say the Z is quicker and I know the top end is much higher. The Mustang power comes on hard at @3k where as the Z keeps pulling from the start. One of my coworkers just bought a Viper. I get more comments from the ladies at work about the Mustang than he gets about the Viper ( or Z ). Must admt he gets a lot of comments from the guys though. Bottom line is I am enjoying both. The Z is fun for short day trips, The Mustang is good for overnighters. Just keep this is your thoughts. Do you want to be like a Bruce Lee or Muhammand Ali? Both fought well but in different ways.
Well not many girls know about the Z, try taking it more often and see what the girls tell you. its common that girls will say I like the mustangs cause they are always on the streets