2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Toshio Suzuki Interview- Translated

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 07:09 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Toshio Suzuki Interview- Translated

I asked a friend of mine who speaks Japanese to translate the Toshio Suzuki Interview (http://jp.z.com/html/special/02.html).

He didn't translate it word for word, but you'll get the basic idea. Unfortunately he only translated the first few paragraphs, but said he'll try and do the rest tommorow-

Enjoy! -Ethan

Anyhow, below is a few notes about what Mr. Suzuki is talking about (please excuse my fragments):

Paragraph 1: Mr. Suzuki looked forward to seeing the car in person but was surprise when he saw the car because of its futuristic design. The front lights have an "A-lamp" design, defined lines and is more compact than he imagined. The new Z has exceeded a new level in design.

Paragraph 2: Standing in front of the car he could not believe that 3.5L V6 could fit under the hood but once he drove the car the power, torque and acceleration were impressive. In addition the sound of the exhaust was quite sporty--even @ low speed.

Paragraph 3: While pressing the accelerator in 3rd gear @ 2000 RPMs he thought to himself that "This car has power and feels good!" (Please excuse the use of the phrase "feels good," this is a direct translation and I am not buffering the meaning) That feeling is important and is well made in those regards; gear shifting is a key point because of the gear throw is short and smooth. (PS. Ethan he says that whether you are in the city, highway or accending/decending slopes it is a fun car to drive)

Paragraph 4: When I got into the car I realized the stability of the body--he was surprise at how pleasant the car was to ride in and also how quiet it was. Unlike the sports cars of the olden days it is even fun to ride around in the Z at low speeds. The steering response is good as well as is the rear tire grip. Because of the body stability the chassis works well.

Last edited by ethan84ae; 06-25-2002 at 07:17 PM.