Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

any old women here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 05:25 AM
zzz350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCDOO 2
Ha, I drive windows down, a/c maxed, 50 Cent, Dave Matthews, Kid Rock, or Metallica S & M all loud enough to drown out every other sound on earth.

But who cares, I'm just an eccentric old lady living vicariously thru herself.
Not something to brag about, GROW UP LADY!!!!!
Old 07-15-2005, 05:30 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got complimented on my Lemans Sunset Touring at a gas station from a 60ish year old lady driving a white 240SX. She said she bought it the first year it came out and it has never seen any winter. When she drove off, she gave me a rev and blazed away. I was stunned, lol.

I saw a DB 350Z at a parking lot and notice it had a borla exhaust, so I stayed around to see if the owner can give me a listen as I was thinking of buying a Borla, out comes another 60ish year old woman, she told me she goes to the tracks and meets. She told me she was an old timer which meant she has own these Z lines for 15 years.

Anyone can love cars

PS: I'm 31

Last edited by ZlleH; 07-15-2005 at 05:34 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:31 AM
BENSIN

wow, that is pretty F'ing diverse. Also, since the point was brought up, when I was looking at 350s, the sales guy told me that the target market was middle aged men...but his reasoning was 'they're the only ones who can really afford them'...okay, whatever, just thought I'd add that. I guess he said 'men' since they're typical of being car enthusiasts...

...and for the record, I am also a computer nerd, I lift weights and I like to wear suspenders because they're cool no joke.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:31 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I know a few women in ATL in the 30-45 age group that sold their Z's so that they could get a larger car "for shopping" or because of the "problems" they were having with the car.
Maybe that's who's buying the Z's but that surely doesn't seem to be the age group of the people on this forum...or am I wrong?
There are a few of us. (we usually own a few vehicles)

Reet, they're targeting what I affectionately refer to as the "***** enhancement" segment of the market.
If reaching "middle-age" earns you membership in this segment, you will be a member sooner than you think.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:32 AM
ZlleH

Woah, that's a bit harsh...

Originally Posted by zzz350
Old 07-15-2005, 05:44 AM
pgh2atl

I see all kinds of people (men, women, old, young) driving Z's here in ATL. Too bad most of them are too damn stuck up to give a simple wave hello (even when I wave)!

If your a fan of the Z, it shouldn't matter who you are. When's the last time you seen a car salesman turn someone away due to them being a woman or old?
Old 07-15-2005, 06:31 AM
ZlleH

I think it's the fact that they thought when they got the 350Z, they were getting exclusivity, as in that it was rare to see a 350Z on the street as oppossed to seeing pontiac sunfires everywhere. So when they see another 350Z around, they are a little upset and snobbish.

In my City the 350Z is more rare then the Porsches. I remember when I was at a stoplight beside a Porsche 911 and some kids walk across the street, one of them said: "Damn! That's a 350Z!" He didn't say anything about the Porsche. Felt like a king the rest of the day

Originally Posted by pgh2atl
I see all kinds of people (men, women, old, young) driving Z's here in ATL. Too bad most of them are too damn stuck up to give a simple wave hello (even when I wave)!

If your a fan of the Z, it shouldn't matter who you are. When's the last time you seen a car salesman turn someone away due to them being a woman or old?
Old 07-15-2005, 07:55 AM
NoahzBurnt

Not stereotypeing here....but I do know a few girls/women with z's......when i see one in a parking lot I always park next to them....figured less chance of dents that way....so being mine is heavily modified, the other drivers often come out and comment, younger women love the way it looks....older women love the way it sounds...and dude's with stock z's are jealous so don't say5hit....except this one guyy in a black z roadster last weekend on my way down to wildwood kept racing around w/me...he was WAYYY COOL....

Okay back to my point....i'd say 1/6 of the owners are enthusiast and actually post here....so the people are out there...just they aint into the car scene and got it cause it's "cute"
Old 07-15-2005, 01:16 PM
SCDOO 2

Originally Posted by zzz350
It's a good thing I can't hear you. Just as I know you are not listening either.

Last edited by SCDOO 2; 07-15-2005 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:27 PM
booger

I think Nissan sold alot of 350Z's to 40 something ladies from the show Desperate Housewives . The blonde drives one on the show .
Old 07-15-2005, 01:51 PM
SCDOO 2

Originally Posted by booger
I think Nissan sold alot of 350Z's to 40 something ladies from the show Desperate Housewives . The blonde drives one on the show .
I've owned 7 Nissans since 1986.(total of 22 cars) They are great cars. I've also had several 'Muscle' cars, but of all, the Z was without a doubt my choice when the time came for me.
I'm sure someone bought a Z because of a TV show, but the ones I have talked to bought it for themselves, not because of media influences. It is just another step in the evolving of society. Women work, women want nice things. It's like getting out of bed everyday, I do, because I can.

BTW, , it's only freaky the first time.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Dream

Originally Posted by jcn30127
If reaching "middle-age" earns you membership in this segment, you will be a member sooner than you think.
Yes, reaching middle age earns you membership in the stereotypical "***** enhancement" market segment. It's funny because it's a stereotype. If I buy a sports car when I hit that age in 14 years, I'll make jokes about it all the time.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:09 PM
SCDOO 2

My salesman calls often. To connect other enthusiasts and to just bs. Most Z owner's I've come across are polite, friendly, eager to talk with another Z enthusiast. There are the exceptions, but most of my encounters have been positive.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Monsta

Received 261 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Dream
Reet, they're targeting what I affectionately refer to as the "***** enhancement" segment of the market
Now THAT I know is not true.
Attached Thumbnails any old women here?-dsc02337a.jpg  
Old 07-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Monsta

Received 261 Likes on 197 Posts

I wave anyway but often get just a stare. I was on I295 from B-More to DC and seen a silver 350 pull up behind me. He passed (not even lookin over) and I followed behind. Then I passed on the right side to take my exit. It was a long off ramp so I slowed down before the actual turn. He still didn’t even glance over. I wave at EVERYONE that I see w/ a Z, even early models. Some wave at me some just look and turn away.