Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Sept. 30 Delivery Confirmed - Courtesy Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 11:52 PM
infinite z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sept. 30 Delivery Confirmed - Courtesy Nissan

Well, much to my dismay, my dealer has informed me that September delivery is reality.

I called Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, TX today, and was told that my 350Z will arrive at the dealership on approximately Sept. 30, +/- 10 days. When I asked what happened to the original August delivery estimate, I was told that they were getting just 1 car in August, and then the rest of the cars would arrive at the same time in Sept.

I didn't ask when the added extra pre-order cars would arrive. He said though that 15 cars were coming in Sept, after the 1 car in Aug. They originally had 16 pre-order slots (I'm #16, lucky me ) and then got 10 extra later. I'm assuming these last 10 will come in a later shipment.

I asked if production had started, and he said yes, but he didn't have any VIN's as of yet. My dealer has always kept me informed of what was going on, and really seems to be in the know. So, regardless of how many cars, if any, are arriving in Aug, it sounds like the majority of us pre-order guys will get our cars in late Sept. - early Oct. Hope this is helpful to some of you, feel free to ask me any questions.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:16 AM
jackson1628

Yes, Sept delivery is confirmed from my dealer too. However, mine comes in the second shipment, which is October
Old 06-26-2002, 12:18 AM
BILZ Z

Default Please let it not be true

That's BS ... or I sure hope so. Why Nissan gets us all hopped up and excited about August delivery and then nails us in the *** with ... not early Sept but late Sept/Oct delivery. Now I'm really pissed. Sorry guys/gals ... after reading the last post, my tailfeathers are in a spin. If I KNEW I'd have to wait until possibly Oct, I would have never preordered in Jan.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:34 AM
infinite z

Well, I suppose I should consider myself lucky to bet getting it then, but then you don't know how long I've been waiting.

I originally put down a $1000 deposit to get my name on the waiting list to be able to preorder in Feb. 2001. That was the day I saw the concept Z revealed at the 2001 Detroit Auto show. So, needless to say, I'm far past anxious to get my Z!

I placed my actual order on like 1/22 or something. It was like a week after they started the official process. But it didn't matter, they still went in order of who was on the waiting list.

So I guess I shouldn't be too upset, since when I "ordered" the only date I knew was the year, 2003
Old 06-26-2002, 02:33 AM
Mikey Likes It
Charter Member #44

I was told Sept. 30 too. Called last week.

Actually good for me, I have another car that doesn't come off-lease until December!

Bummer to have to wait, but that makes it all the sweeter!

Mike