Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Thinking of changing my color

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002 | 06:05 AM
c350z

Default Thinking of changing my color

I ordered my Z in silverstone, but all the pictures of the preview cars have me really thinking about the Daytona Blue. I know if i change my color now it could delay my Z, but the blue just stands out so awesome. Any advice?
Old 06-24-2002 | 06:16 AM
abz123

Stick with your first instincts.

I've gone from by blue phase to the silverstone phase to the white phase. I've change my mind so many times its sad, but I eventually come back to my senses and go back to my first choice which is the chrome silver. The thing is the more I look at the chrome I realize why I picked it in the first place.

Remember, The grass is always greener in the neighbors yard.
Put yourself in the neighbors yard and see how your yard looks. BTW I never made the change in colors...only in my mind.

They all look great in their own way.
Old 06-24-2002 | 06:23 AM
Kahanakyu

Get both!

Seriously, I stick with the Silverstone. I just saw the Daytona Blue today at the Danville event, and I must admit it is a very mesmerizing blue. You just can't keep your eyes off. You find yourself getting hypnotized. The longer you stare the longer you become under its spell. Too bad it was indoor. The lighting did not do it any justice. The car looks damn mean. You can hear what the car is all about, "Let me roar and stay out of my way." Whoops, got off topic.

Anyways, I think the Silverstone will have a longer acceptance period. Not sure if the DB will retain it's glamorous blue for long. But if I were to get new car in 2-3 years, I would get the DB. It's definitely a flasher and will turn many heads. Good luck in your decision.
Old 06-24-2002 | 06:56 AM
350zpower

Stick with your original instincts .

If you've had experience taking exams you know that second guessing yourself is always a bad choice.

I picked Daytona Blue from the beginning and knew that the color is great. It has been shocking for me to see so many people suddenly wanting to choose blue. What took them so long to realize its an amazing color? What did people think blue would look like? Blue *almost* always looks good on cars, and especially on Nissans.

Silver is a timeless color that is tends to be more subtle and kick back. Blue is somewhat screamish .. but i like that since im a young guy.

Also .. do you really want to push your order back 2-3 months over the color? I mean Silver and Blue are both kickass colors, and you really cant go wrong with both. But having your car early is a novelty that is a experience unto itself.
Old 06-24-2002 | 07:12 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Ditto...............stick with the instincts.

Keep it awhile and sell it off if you really need to and see a few.

I almost went that route to the DB but knew it was more because it was the car that I wasn't going to have.
Old 06-24-2002 | 12:06 PM
JamieH

Default Color

I went back and forth a million times too, between Silver, Brickyard, Blue and Redline. Eventually I chose the Brickyard and I've stuck with it. I think the car just looks good in every color--that is why it is so tough to choose.
Old 06-24-2002 | 01:17 PM
john0213

i think u just got stun by the sharpness of the blue and the opinion by other people, but if u don't like the blue at the first place(when u order the car) then don't change it, cuz after awhile u'll say to ur self y u didn't stick with ur first choice.

it always happen when u don't really like such a thing but after u hear so many opinions u change ur mind because the opinion can be persausive and after u get it then u don't feel like it.
Old 06-24-2002 | 11:24 PM
c350z

The reason I went with the Silverstone was because the blue in the brochure didn't and doesn't look anything like the blue on the preview cars. The sample in the brochure looked dark and dull, so thats why I went with the silverstone, If the brochure had loooked like the car does in person I would have gone with blue. That's why I am wavering now.
Old 06-24-2002 | 11:48 PM
bobbyz

If scafermon's pics of the Silverstone are true to colour, then I believe that silverstone will look awsome and therefor I am not going to change my order (dont even know if I could at this time anyway). Its the other pic on the freeway that scared me. But nissandriven.com's pic seems to be the same tone as scafermon's pics so I'm confident I will be satisfied with my choice. As well, I like the burnt orange leather. I would have considered Blue if you could order it with Frost leather, but in Canada, you can not. After driving my Porsche 968 with black interior around for a few years I am ready for a more lively interior. Right away I decided on Silverstone / burnt orange. I think the combo is amazing especially with all the aluminum accents. Ahhhh, I feel much better now .
Old 06-26-2002 | 02:55 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

I finally saw WV3/Polished Titanium/Silverstone on a Maxima today, in a hot, humid, partly cloudy, pre-storm sky. I can't say I was "blown away" by it's beauty. But I chose it for it's "stealthness". VERY fine metallic flakes, and I couldn't see any other color tint, except MAYBE a hint of blue, probably from the sky. I'm satisfied with my choice, can't wait to see how Silverstone plays on the z's curves.

And the quality of the paint was PERFECT! Not even a hint of orange peal

As for a comparison, I'd say a shade or two lighter than S2000's, close to a Porsche color who's name escapes me. Much lighter than VW's Silverstone. Hard to pick one color on the car as the curves, shadows play tricks on the eye. One color looks like 13.7 different colors on the same car!

I made a choice back in February, and I'm sticking with it.

Can't wait to see 153 in my Stone Z!