Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Very Scary Night....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 03:19 PM
thndrgd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Scary Night....

I'm going to start this story by saying that this wasn't my smartest idea....

I was driving back from dinner heading downtown (memphis) to hit some bars with a friend. I was on Union Ave. about 4 miles from downtown when I see a black mustang gt (96-97 model) in front of me. A smile comes over me as I start to reach down for the shifter...I drop it into 3rd at around 45 and buzz by his door. On my way by, I see that he has a pretty hot looking girl in the seat next to him. Knowing that he's probably not going to punk out with his girl in the car, I slow up. A couple seconds later, he buzzes my door. We both slow up because we were getting into some traffic. The traffic clears and I see him up in front of me again. I punch it and send my borla screaming by him. He floors it just as I pass his door. At this point we're both doing about 75 in a 35. As I'm pulling away, I see blue lights in my mirror....my heart jumps in my throat. The cop pulls us both over, and gets us out of our cars. At this point, I'm looking at my car like it's the last time I'll ever see it. The cop gets in our faces saying he's got us for 80 in a 35, wreckless driving, street racing and is going to impound our cars and take us to jail. At this point, I don't know what to do but shut up and pray. The other guy is all thugged out, leaned back, smoking a cigarette like he's been in this situation 20 times before (typical mustang owner, jk).

After yelling at us for what felt like 20 minutes, the cop stops and says he's going to give us a choice....either wreckless driving, and a trip to the precinct, OR a STERN, STERN warning and a seat belt violation (even though I had mine on). I jumped at the seat belt ticket and was let go. Wow...only a $35 ticket, no court appearence when it could have been A LOT worse. Lesson learned.

The worst part would have been being thrown in jail for racing a busted *** mustang.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Aloha350z

It's a good thing that you were smart enough to "shut up and pray". If you tried to argue with the cop, they probably wouldn't have let you off with the $35 fine. (This way, they have less paperwork to fill out...so it's better for them as well.)
Old 07-16-2005, 04:11 PM
ssc

u are one lucky guy...u should save that kind of stuff for the track. nothing good will come out of street racing
Old 07-16-2005, 04:13 PM
iheartZ

damn... i bet now youll think twice before racing
Old 07-16-2005, 04:24 PM
need Z

Hmmm, but with the first option, you would have still gotten the STERN, STERN warning

Just another reason to keep it on a closed course.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:37 PM
SilverII

what a nice cop...
Old 07-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, consider yourself really lucky and be more carefull next time.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Nano

Originally Posted by thndrgd
I'm going to start this story by saying that this wasn't my smartest idea....

I was driving back from dinner heading downtown (memphis) to hit some bars with a friend. I was on Union Ave. about 4 miles from downtown when I see a black mustang gt (96-97 model) in front of me. A smile comes over me as I start to reach down for the shifter...I drop it into 3rd at around 45 and buzz by his door. On my way by, I see that he has a pretty hot looking girl in the seat next to him. Knowing that he's probably not going to punk out with his girl in the car, I slow up. A couple seconds later, he buzzes my door. We both slow up because we were getting into some traffic. The traffic clears and I see him up in front of me again. I punch it and send my borla screaming by him. He floors it just as I pass his door. At this point we're both doing about 75 in a 35. As I'm pulling away, I see blue lights in my mirror....my heart jumps in my throat. The cop pulls us both over, and gets us out of our cars. At this point, I'm looking at my car like it's the last time I'll ever see it. The cop gets in our faces saying he's got us for 80 in a 35, wreckless driving, street racing and is going to impound our cars and take us to jail. At this point, I don't know what to do but shut up and pray. The other guy is all thugged out, leaned back, smoking a cigarette like he's been in this situation 20 times before (typical mustang owner, jk).

After yelling at us for what felt like 20 minutes, the cop stops and says he's going to give us a choice....either wreckless driving, and a trip to the precinct, OR a STERN, STERN warning and a seat belt violation (even though I had mine on). I jumped at the seat belt ticket and was let go. Wow...only a $35 ticket, no court appearence when it could have been A LOT worse. Lesson learned.

The worst part would have been being thrown in jail for racing a busted *** mustang.

More or less the same thing happened to me. 10 years ago (~18)... Wasn't really racing, I just stormed a police block at 120mph in 55mph zone(europe). By the most insane series of event, I was later caught and pulled over, gun in face and everything... I had like 5-10 major infractions in series, I was looking at some serious fines and jail time... after *****in us for 30minutes with phrases like "what would your mother think if..." "last week 2 kids died..." "etc..." The chief officer finally concluded with "If I ever catch you again, doing the slightest infraction, I will take you down to levels you cannot immagine... and beware, this is not a menace... it is an advice". and miracously was let off with NOTHING

That settled me in pretty good... No tickets, no infractions, perfect record for the last 10 years. I now race on a track

You don't get away with this **** many times...

Last edited by Nano; 07-16-2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:25 PM
thndrgd

The whole time the cop was getting our information, the other guy was telling me "damn, man. yo car is tight. it fast, man. it fast. you had me dog..."

I just wanted to punch him in the mouth. I don't mind the praise, but at that point I still thought I was going to jail.

After the cop gave me my ticket and let me go, he turned to the other guy and started asking him a ton of questions like "where are you going" "why are you out" "have you been drinking"...etc. Questions that he didn't aske me. I'm not so sure he got off with the same ticket, but I didn't stick around to find out.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:34 PM
JoeyFyed

Great i get the dick cop... im on my way to work, doing 40 in a 30. A cycle cop is hiding behind a parked car shining laser at randoms cars. This street sees about 15 cars an hour, mostly pulling into there driveway. But yea, he leaps in front of my car waving me to stop, so i stop, he asks for my licesne and registration. I give it to him. He comes back with a ticket. Says, oh you were speeding, watch your speed Mr. Nazarian and walks off.... =/ dick cops! I plan on boning his daughter, recording it, and putting it in his VCR =]
Old 07-16-2005, 05:54 PM
thndrgd

lol....awesome. The boning the daughter on tape is a nice touch. I've had my share of ******* cops. I had a cop pull me over for tailgating....him. And when I asked for an explaination of how he justified tailgating, he said that if he can't see parking lights in his rear view, it's tailgating. So, I repy: if I was in a truck lifted 10 inches and traveling two inches from your bumper, but my parking lights above your trunk....I technically wouldn't be tailgating you. He didn't appreciate that. He told me to shut my mouth and sign the ticket.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:15 PM
JoeyFyed

Yea, Officer Watkins of the Pasadena, CA Department. I hope he gets testicualr cancer.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:42 AM
Dream

Originally Posted by thndrgd
lol....awesome. The boning the daughter on tape is a nice touch. I've had my share of ******* cops. I had a cop pull me over for tailgating....him. And when I asked for an explaination of how he justified tailgating, he said that if he can't see parking lights in his rear view, it's tailgating. So, I repy: if I was in a truck lifted 10 inches and traveling two inches from your bumper, but my parking lights above your trunk....I technically wouldn't be tailgating you. He didn't appreciate that. He told me to shut my mouth and sign the ticket.
Yeah, that's what you get for talking back to the cops. Just shut up, be polite, and sometimes you can get out of a ticket.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:50 AM
iheartZ

Originally Posted by JoeyFyed
Yea, Officer Watkins of the Pasadena, CA Department. I hope he gets testicualr cancer.
hahahhaa what a horrible thing to wish for...

yea ive had multiple runins with cops... thats was when i was younger tho. now im a good boy and understand how the law works...
Old 07-17-2005, 10:25 AM
JoeyFyed

Lol, im only joking, i got caught speeding, its my fault, but damn does it suck =[. The ironic this was, the night before i was looking at radar detectors, and was like "blah, this is BS"
Old 07-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Master4846

35 Dollars??????? That's the lucky part in Texas it is automatically $200. But I still would have taken the seatbelt ticket.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:43 AM
shifterkart

Stop street racing! You thoughtlessly endangered the lives of innocent drivers and their passengers sharing the road with you. That cop should have nailed you big time.

If you want to prove that you are such a hot driver then take it on the track.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:48 AM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LUCK was on your side bro....
Old 07-17-2005, 01:10 PM
thndrgd

the track, huh...never thought of that. come on, man. Everyone has a lapse of judgement, hence the "lesson learned" comment. We don't buy these cars to go the speed limit.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:28 PM
LugZ

Originally Posted by JoeyFyed
OMFG!!! LOL

*wearing yellow Livestrong" bracelet*

Quick Reply: Very Scary Night....