Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Very Scary Night....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Dream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thndrgd
the track, huh...never thought of that. come on, man. Everyone has a lapse of judgement, hence the "lesson learned" comment. We don't buy these cars to go the speed limit.
People may not buy the car to go the speed limit, but you went beyond simple speeding when you decided to street race. Not that it would have made things better, but you even didn't have a planned race where you blocked off a street to race on. Instead, you decided to race on city streets at freeway speeds. Hell, you even started the whole thing by deliberately buzzing his door. I'm sorry, but this is a lapse in judgment that you just can't justify. If you'd lost it and took out a bunch of people on the sidewalk, would their families have accepted "Relax, it was just a lapse in judgment" as an excuse?
Old 07-18-2005, 12:37 AM
maximapowr

Originally Posted by Master4846
35 Dollars??????? That's the lucky part in Texas it is automatically $200. But I still would have taken the seatbelt ticket.

+1. I got one as a passenger in my brother's car. I wasn't about to cough up two bills for that crap. I took it to court and the cop didn't show up. The jackass was parked on top of the curb underneath a freeway underpass, outside of his car and motioning for those non-seatbelt wearers to pull over...
Old 07-18-2005, 06:10 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by ssc
u are one lucky guy...u should save that kind of stuff for the track. nothing good will come out of street racing
+1
Old 07-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Fletch69z

Haha, you were lucky man! That does teach you a good lesson. I've always had friends who street race, but I usually just sort of drive around with them. I never actually race anyone (don't want to wreck my baby, plus other drivers are crazy). It's definitely not worth it to race on the street. If you are on a big stretch of highway with nothing along it for miles (here in IN that's not hard to find, ) maybe do it, but you always have to be careful and watchful.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:33 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by thndrgd
lol....awesome. The boning the daughter on tape is a nice touch. I've had my share of ******* cops. I had a cop pull me over for tailgating....him. And when I asked for an explaination of how he justified tailgating, he said that if he can't see parking lights in his rear view, it's tailgating. So, I repy: if I was in a truck lifted 10 inches and traveling two inches from your bumper, but my parking lights above your trunk....I technically wouldn't be tailgating you. He didn't appreciate that. He told me to shut my mouth and sign the ticket.
Tailgating is not good. Causes road rage and accidents. The rule of the road is: follow 2 seconds behind the person in front of you. While this doesn't normally happen, we should all exercise common sense when driving. Our reflexes are not as fast as we think they are. The car infront of us my suddenly stop, and now we have a rear end colision. Same thing goes for the "10 inch truck lift", we all know the cop isn't buying that rational.