Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dumb Freaking Stupid Moron with a Z, hope he gets it taken away!!!! >:| !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 12:49 PM
S8ER95Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all.. your a moron.. LMAO..

I would understand if you were upset that the guy was beating the hell out of it before it was properly broken in. That makes sense. I wouldn't want a car that was driven really hard in its initial period.. simply because there is a possibility that something didn't seat all the way .. although I believe most car companys run the engines past that point before their shipped?

155mph on public roads is dangerous sure..just did it yesterday.. will you or anything other person who "thinks I should stop" ever convince me ? NO.

Running 10s at the track is dangerous as hell too.. hell racing period is dangerous.. think about Mr. Lingelfelter (Sp?).. But do you think he would have it any other way? You only live once.. So why not?

Just dont do it when there are tons of people around, middle of town, etc.. and its really no big deal. If I kill myself at 160mph.. I guess I will at least die under my own control (Or lack thereof).. and doing what I want... Better than then go down in a ball of fire in a Airplane as a passenger Life is full of risk..and you nor anyone else will ever convince people to stop. Sorry your wasting your time... find another hobby.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:27 PM
Electro Z

Default please

If your on a public road and you are doing that speed... you kill an innocent bystander... can you live with that?

EZ
Old 12-08-2002, 02:08 PM
chazzg

155 is not a safe speed. a 17 year old should never try that or 100mph for that mater but when you get more driving exp. you will know what TO DO if a car comes out of nowere.

but 130mph is ok
Old 12-08-2002, 02:50 PM
S8ER95Z

Originally posted by chazzg

but 130mph is ok
LMAO.. Ok
Old 12-08-2002, 02:52 PM
S8ER95Z

Default Re: please

Originally posted by Electro Z
If your on a public road and you are doing that speed... you kill an innocent bystander... can you live with that?

EZ
If your driving downtown doing 25 in a 20mph zone and hit a pedistrian and kill or injur them serverly (happened here recently to someone on a bicycle, killed them instantly) could you live with that? NO .. obvious questions... Quick what color is a blue pen?
Old 12-08-2002, 02:53 PM
Ricky
Banned

Originally posted by chazzg
155 is not a safe speed. a 17 year old should never try that or 100mph for that mater but when you get more driving exp. you will know what TO DO if a car comes out of nowere.
You get more driving experience with age no doubt.. but tell me this. Do you honestly feel as if a person was driving 155 down a public road, out of no where, a car pulls infront of you, you can dodge it? 155mph.. everything is blazing past you..

Listen guys, I made the mistake of using my personal opinon of him being a moron, idiot, ect ect. I feel he is, but I shouldn't call him that. But I do stand by my arguement that 155 down a street public street is just insane.

Don't get me wrong here guys, I'm all about having fun. One day, I'd love to redline in 6th gear, but when I do, it will be at the right place, a track, and at the right time, in my opinion, when the car is broken in properly, and I have more experience behind the wheel. I love extreme things, just as long as its not going to affect other innocent people around you.
Old 12-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Electro Z

Default Big diff

waste of time saying any more...

This Post Deleted.
Old 12-08-2002, 04:38 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by S8ER95Z
155mph on public roads is dangerous sure..just did it yesterday.. will you or anything other person who "thinks I should stop" ever convince me ? NO.

Running 10s at the track is dangerous as hell too.. hell racing period is dangerous.. think about Mr. Lingelfelter (Sp?).. But do you think he would have it any other way? You only live once.. So why not?
You may have a point there..but how can the hell you compare "public roads" with pro tracks? bring that up is just simply F***ing dumb. Ask any of those pro dragsters if they would drive that high of a speed on a public road with "any car"
Old 12-08-2002, 06:00 PM
S8ER95Z

Originally posted by Phatmitzu
You may have a point there..but how can the hell you compare "public roads" with pro tracks? bring that up is just simply F***ing dumb. Ask any of those pro dragsters if they would drive that high of a speed on a public road with "any car"
They may not.. Im just pointing out that even in a supposively "safe" environment your not safe. Thus the Lingenfelter comment.. Im sure you've heard by now unless you live under a rock. (On a side note: anyone have an update on his condition?)

I know people locally that race pro-dragsters.. and yes they push the limits on regular streets as well.. with their own toys they have built just to bring out on weekends. Im not saying hitting 150mph is smart everywhere... however there are places and times when there is nothing more to lose than your own life. Not risking anyone else's, no one around, smooth newly paved straights..etc Im also not saying EVERYONE should do it. Im saying I do it, and you judging me for it and saying that I am a moron, or dumb is rediculous. I personally think people are idiots that jump out of airplanes (Skydiving).. Maybe someday in my life I will be brave enough (Or dumb enough ) to do it myself. Of course Im not going to preach to the whole world that its dangerous. I dont think anyone here other than other "morons" that have gone that fast will ever understand. Hell maybe you have a lot more to lose than I do (family, kids,wife, whatever)..
Old 12-08-2002, 10:57 PM
alexf20c

it's stupid to do 155mph, but it's stupider to do 155mph in a car that hasn't been broken in.

and the smoke from those aggressive launches? ha... probably from his clutch, not the tires...
Old 12-09-2002, 04:47 AM
rai

Originally posted by electrokill
Wait, so speeding is DANGEROUS? Wow. I thank you Mr. Internet for the knowledge you have bestowed upon me.

Superfantastic!
speeding is not dangerous (imo). reckless speeding IS dangerous. 155 on the GSP is dangerous. That's 90-100 mph OVER the limit. The GSP is not a limited access road. It is not all that safe over 90 mph. I'd say anything over 100 is reckless on the GSP.

anyway the whole post by this guy sounds like BS to me so I'm not too concerned.

Last edited by rai; 12-09-2002 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:28 PM
S8ER95Z

Originally posted by rai
speeding is not dangerous (imo). reckless speeding IS dangerous. 155 on the GSP is dangerous. That's 90-100 mph OVER the limit. The GSP is not a limited access road. It is not all that safe over 90 mph. I'd say anything over 100 is reckless on the GSP.

anyway the whole post by this guy sounds like BS to me so I'm not too concerned.

Disregard.. If you were referencing the GSP in Jersey.. otherwise Im outta guesses

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 12-09-2002 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:40 PM
aZnchic

shud definitely let the baby crawl first.....
Old 12-10-2002, 07:03 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

I completely agree with the original post. The guy was a moron. He's ruining his car by redlining it in the first few miles, and he is jeapordizing the safety of others by his reckless driving in a public place. No, driving 155 is not inherintly dangerous everywhere, but it is on a non-limited access public road. So far, I have taken my Z to 120. But I was on a freeway where I could see for several miles ahead (there was a slight hill), there were no onramps, and no cars for quite a distance. The reason I didn't go faster than 120 is because I was quickly overtaking some cars. Drivers are not used to traffic going 60 mph faster than them, so it was possible that when I got close to him, he might have moved into my lane. If he did, I WOULD HAVE BEEN AT FAULT, which of course would not matter if either one of us was dead. If there had been no cars, I might have continued on to 155 because then I am only risking my own safety, not other people. To say that tracks are risky is a stupid statement, of course they are, but everyone on the track has conciously agreed to take that risk. No one on a public road has agreed to risk their life because some moron tries to prove what a man he is by driving 155 in traffic anymore than anyone has agreed to risk their life because some ******* thinks he has some god given right to drive drunk. To me, the people who say it is my car I can drive as fast as I want, I don't care about other people, are the same as the ********, who say its my car, I can open my door into your car if I want. Of course, those people are only putting dings in cars, not potentially killing other people. BTW, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone must drive the speed limit in order to be save. But like RAI said, going 80, 90 or a 100 in traffic, is very different than going 155.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:02 PM
jckolnturn

who cares about break he'll probably just sell the thing in a couple years anyway and get a new one. 155? what's the problem? it's his car he can do what he wants, it's only a car, a nice car at that but it's not a porsche. 350z is gonna be next years's mustang all 30,000 of them everywhere you look.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:00 PM
aZnchic

Originally posted by jckolnturn
who cares about break he'll probably just sell the thing in a couple years anyway and get a new one. 155? what's the problem? it's his car he can do what he wants, it's only a car, a nice car at that but it's not a porsche. 350z is gonna be next years's mustang all 30,000 of them everywhere you look.

it saddens me to think about it.....i used to get excited when i'd spot a z on the road, but just the other day i saw 3 of them in one day, and that bothered me. i know peeps still give Zs much attetion but that's only cuz they aren't around much now.....like u said...they are gonna b next yr's mustang.....
Old 12-10-2002, 03:57 PM
TriX

You guys are really lucky. Damn I live in Miami and in the last 2 weeks I saw 2.

So where ever you guys live it must be a pretty hip place. Much more then South Beach in Miami Florida. I really have to move then.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:05 PM
TriX

Originally posted by robbyn
I So far, I have taken my Z to 120. But I was on a freeway where I could see for several miles ahead (there was a slight hill), there were no onramps, and no cars for quite a distance. The reason I didn't go faster than 120 is because I was quickly overtaking some cars. Drivers are not used to traffic going 60 mph faster than them, so it was possible that when I got close to him, he might have moved into my lane. If he did, I WOULD HAVE BEEN AT FAULT, which of course would not matter if either one of us was dead. If there had been no cars, I might have continued on to 155 because then I am only risking my own safety, not other people.
Sounds like you think what you pulled of was alot safer then what the guy did going 155.

Ehm Ehm 120 safe cough ******** cough

I don't think you should criticise him if you will turn around and do the same thing. 155 to 120. Yes its a difference. But as you pointed out yourself its death for either driver.

Plus there was cars on the road. Its fine with me if you do it. Just do it at night when there 0 people on the road.

BTW it doesn't say if there were cars on the road when he was doing that stunt.

Quick Reply: Dumb Freaking Stupid Moron with a Z, hope he gets it taken away!!!! >:| !!!