Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dumb Freaking Stupid Moron with a Z, hope he gets it taken away!!!! >:| !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 08:39 PM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumb Freaking Stupid Moron with a Z, hope he gets it taken away!!!! >:| !!!

"picked up my Z today black track model. couldn't make it 5 miles without hitting rev limiter. i beleive in breakin in like its going to be driven. hit 155mph on gsp in NJ very stable. did some very aggressive launches(smoke clouds). "

Some guy on www.350zforum.com posted this, its near the bottom of the home page, titled "Did 155mph and more".
Just thought I'd share this, because I think I can honestly say he is the dumbest person. Dispit completely breaking the break in procedure, going 155 alone is just plain STUPID!! I'm 17, and the most I've put it to was 70, in a 65 zone! I don't need to push it to know the power, I feel it. Man, I really hope he gets a nice huge ticket and gets the car impouded for a few months to learn.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:45 PM
electrokill

Whoa ho, easy there killer. Not quite sure why you're getting your panties all in a bunch.

Sure, 155 on public roads is pretty dangerous, but it's not like that guy is the first one to eveeeer do 155. Do you scream and cry everytime you hear of someone doing 155 in a BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, etc. or is it just because he's doing it with the same car that you own?
Old 12-07-2002, 08:46 PM
Phatmitzu

Yeah, and hes getting flamed all over...
BTW..after viewing their forums....I like ours much better...more colorful and classy.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:49 PM
Ricky
Banned

155mph. Think about that speed for a few minutes. 155 on a street for public. That is just STUPID. I dont' care what car he has, doing 155 on a public street is just stupid as hell. If he isn't going to care for his safety, he should keep in mind other peoples safety. A car could come out anywhere, and he could easily kill an innocent driver. 155 on a track is fine, it's controlled enviroment, but to do that on a public street? I don't care if he didn't see a car, that doesn't mean a car couldn't come out of no where.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:54 PM
electrokill

Well sure it's stupid. But crying about it on an internet forum isn't going to all of the sudden stop people from speeding.

I'm sorry, it just seems like your post's main intention is to inform everyone that you're a super mature, cool 17 year old with a 350z. Whenever someone has to mention their age in a post, my lame detectors just go into overdrive.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:56 PM
Throbber

155 is probably excessive on public streets. And here is some some added trivia; A 747 aircraft lifts off at 180 mph.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:04 PM
Ricky
Banned

Originally posted by electrokill
I'm sorry, it just seems like your post's main intention is to inform everyone that you're a super mature, cool 17 year old with a 350z. Whenever someone has to mention their age in a post, my lame detectors just go into overdrive.
Listen up buddy, I am not trying to show I'm "SUPER" mature, but the level of maturity that guy has for 155 on a public street is just stupid. Being younger, your tempted more to go fast, I was just showing that as tempted as I am, I'm not stupid. So let your "LAME DETECTORS" go into overdrive all you want. I'm just simply saying how stupid this guy is for doing this.

PS- I'm not crying about it, only showing people how stupid some people are. If they want to risk their life, do it in a controlled enviroment where it won't affect anyone else.

Last edited by Ricky; 12-07-2002 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:12 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive done 130ish on a back road in the country, and tho the car wasnt hurting to do it. I was not personally comfortable to drive at that speed for very long. I felt a bit lighter and the car seemed to float a bit more than Id want to take a turn with. just my observations, with that said, I wouldnt do it on a city highway or anywhere that I might have to avoid an obstacle.

anyway, he can break in his car however he wishes. if you didnt know 99% of the population are morons, and its near impossible to adhere to a rule that you cant understand, the idea of valves and cranks rubbing against bushings at 6700rpms is beyond most. I feel bad for him. but regaurdless of this, I cant prove that breakin does anything for anything. no one has so far. so therefore its tough to really argue that it is nescesarry.

difference between him and me is that I have enough self control and brains that I can weigh the options, on one hand I can take it easy for 1200miles, possibly prolong the life of the engine, learn the car at safe speeds to avoid crashing, and avoid tickets. OR I can go have lots of fun now instead of in a month.

when I look at it like this, the 1200mile breakin is hardly such a impossible thing to adhere to. maybe it helps, maybe not.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:12 PM
electrokill

Oh gotcha, sorry. Lame detectors disengaging.

But, uh...hey, might I recommend checking out a Gumball 3000 video. You'll most likely kill yourself assuming you don't have a heart attack first.

My point is, don't get so worked up about stuff you can't control. Best thing to do is just accept the fact that the world is Biiiig AND SCAARRRRY and that there's wild and craaaazy people out there who do wild and craaaaaazy things. Best thing to do is just hope for the best. Peace out brotha. W3rd 2 ya mother
Old 12-07-2002, 09:17 PM
Ricky
Banned

eletrokill, if everyone kept their mouth shut, nothing would ever be changed. you don't know that maybe someone read this thread, and really thought about the concequences of what this can do. no one can prove that, unless the person this thread MIGHT affect came forward. you cannot say that just because I can't stop something from happening, don't speak out about it. speaking about it is the first step for change. your right, i can't control people out there, but you speak out in hope that before someone else tries this, they will think twice about not only their safety, but others as well.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:22 PM
Ricky
Banned

Listen, what I'm trying to say is...

There is a place and time for everything. 155 mph on a public street is not the place at all. If he wants to do that, be my guest, but on a track.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:24 PM
electrokill

Oh hey, don't get me wrong. I'm all for speaking out in futile hopes of changing the world. I'm sure those speeders read your thread and said to themselves, "Man, this kid is right. No more 155 for me."

But when I saw your title for this thread, I just imagined a heaving, sweaty raw steak, crouched over the keyboard, furious about what he had just read. You seemed really upset.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:26 PM
Ricky
Banned

Well I am upset, but not as upset as I may come off to be. I just would hate to think what would happen if a car came out infront of someone going 155mph. Seeing crash tests at 60 are horrible, imagine 155.

Also, I hope you weren't being sarcastic abuot you "No more 155 for me"
Old 12-07-2002, 09:29 PM
electrokill

Me? Sarcastic?!

Now I've heard everything!
Old 12-07-2002, 10:23 PM
D'oh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a really good highway out here for high speed tests with a 3 mile straight, a very slight curve and then a 5 mile straight with no on ramps or exits. Early in the morning it is the perfect place to go and do some "testing"

Anyhow, I know a guy who went out there a while ago and was able to get his WRX to 148 (he was surprised because he thought his car was limited to 133 or somehting like that). I may go with him next time in my Z just to see what it's like.

I am a bit scared just thinking about it though.

Also, remember that if you are on a road where everyone is going 90, like some of the highways out here, going 120 or 130 really isn't that much faster. Once you make that leap, finding a way to justify 157 gets easier and easier.

-D'oh!
Old 12-07-2002, 10:47 PM
themyst

Hey, its his 35k. Let him do whatever he wants with it. I actually agree with the original poster on that site (toughguy) his car, his money, his life. If you want to drive slow, thats your business, if he wants to beat on his car, thats his.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:02 PM
Ricky
Banned

Originally posted by themyst
Hey, its his 35k. Let him do whatever he wants with it. I actually agree with the original poster on that site (toughguy) his car, his money, his life. If you want to drive slow, thats your business, if he wants to beat on his car, thats his.
I agree, but not when his decisions can affect people around him.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:26 PM
alear

I completely agree with Ricky. I can't believe you people think its ok for this guy to do that, you sound like you are actually supporting his decision to go that speed on public roads.

You do realize that if he got a tire blowout or lost control and crossed the center divide/center line he would kill anyone in an oncoming car. If it was you or your family, would you still think its his business?

Where do you draw the line? If he wants to drink and drive, do you think thats ok too?

Give Ricky a break, he is right! And you should be just as disturbed as he is. Support people track testing not public road testing.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:36 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by alear
I completely agree with Ricky. I can't believe you people think its ok for this guy to do that
They wont be thinking the same if they have experienced a close friend or family gets killed in a high speed car accident...thats why people always regret after the things they've done. Come to think of it, if that (toughguy) does that again and hit anyone and killed them...he will be start writing those posts behind bars.

............now ask youselfs, is it worth it?

Last edited by Phatmitzu; 12-07-2002 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:49 AM
electrokill

Wait, so speeding is DANGEROUS? Wow. I thank you Mr. Internet for the knowledge you have bestowed upon me.

I rate this thread the best rating ever! Superfantastic!

Quick Reply: Dumb Freaking Stupid Moron with a Z, hope he gets it taken away!!!! >:| !!!