Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dumb Freaking Stupid Moron with a Z, hope he gets it taken away!!!! >:| !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 07:10 PM
rahilio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive seen a couple down the road here in miami i saw mike here on the forum at night 2 am or so just driving around like myself haha
seen about 8 total but so far i havent spotted 1 in 2 weeks
Old 12-11-2002, 05:04 AM
TriX

Yup I actually saw one this morning. Black touring.

Man I can't wait.

You know it funny its actually easier to see a ferrari down here then the Z. But I guess since there is 30000 being made they will like a mustang. Yeah right.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:58 AM
Tman_Z

I would like to thank Ricky. I was just about to get in my car and drive 155mph down a crowded interstate. However, after reading this thread I now know the error of my ways. I will never speed again, in fact I will go 10mph under the speed limit at all times.

lol.

Sorry Ricky, but this type of testimonial isn't going to happen. Either someone realizes that 155 is reckless on a public road or they won't (or they don't care) and anything you say in an internet message board isn't going to change that.

Z
Old 12-11-2002, 09:46 AM
NissanJunkie

Doosch Bag! Geez people like that need to grow up , also, if a welldriven 300 TT can spank a M3 i dont see how a well driven 350 can be beat by a m3 considering the 300TT And the 350 Can run bout the same, am i wrong??
Old 12-11-2002, 11:55 AM
Pat1USMC

Why hasn't anyone touched on the fact that theres no way in hell someone could go 155 down the GS Parkway. Theres cops every other damn mile, not to mention the traffic. Maybe he was just exaggerating? He probably wanted to see how many people would freak out about what he wrote...
I miss NJ drivers....
Old 12-11-2002, 12:42 PM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Originally posted by TriX

I don't think you should criticise him if you will turn around and do the same thing. 155 to 120. Yes its a difference. But as you pointed out yourself its death for either driver.

Plus there was cars on the road. Its fine with me if you do it. Just do it at night when there 0 people on the road.
You really should try reading a post before you criticize it. I said I did 120 where there were no cars, once I began approaching traffic I immediately slowed down before I reached ANY other cars. BTW, I think it would be pretty stupid to drive 120 or 155 at night because there could be cars parked on the side of the road that you could not see in the dark and that could pull out in front of you no matter how bare the road looks.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:01 AM
TriX

Originally posted by robbyn
You really should try reading a post before you criticize it. I said I did 120 where there were no cars, once I began approaching traffic I immediately slowed down before I reached ANY other cars. BTW, I think it would be pretty stupid to drive 120 or 155 at night because there could be cars parked on the side of the road that you could not see in the dark and that could pull out in front of you no matter how bare the road looks.
I hate to be **** about this but. You said you could see for a distance and did in fact pass some cars before you slow down. I am paraphrasing.

This means that there was a chance for you to lose control or hit someone causing lots of damamge or death yoruself or other driver. Just because you slow down means nothing. There was a chance. His post doesn't actually mention he didn't slow down when he approached other cars.

At night depends on location. Nevada, utah and colorado are best. And there is no cars so no its not stupid.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:36 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

I hate to be **** about this but. You said you could see for a distance and did in fact pass some cars before you slow down. I am paraphrasing.

No your paraphrase is incorrect. If you reread my post, you will see that I said was I was "overtaking" some cars, not that I passed any. I had slowed down from 120 before I passed any car. But I do agree with you that passing cars at 120 is not safe.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:01 PM
MEfreak

Some of you believe that not seeing any cars ahead slides you into a safe driving situation, even when going 120 mph. Others believe that even 90 or so on a public road is reckless (me). Everyone has an opinion, and they seldom agree as a collective.

That is why we have the police. I'm not rabidly opposed to mild speeding, but if you break 85 on a freeway, then I hope you get a nice pair of silver bracelets and a ride downtown for your troubles. Stripping your license would just be icing on the cake. One less reckless driver on the roads, one less worry on my mind.

My friend was killed by a driver doing 110 on a freeway - the guy's brakes failed as he approached traffic. So if you tell me to calm down and that doing 120 on a freeway is safe, understand when I tell you to verify that your brain is still in your head. You are not as in control of the situation as you'd like to think.

Just one man's opinion.

Andrew, who has never gone over 85 on a public road, and 85 was in Wyoming, where the forward view is over 25 miles.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:23 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by electrokill
But, uh...hey, might I recommend checking out a Gumball 3000 video. You'll most likely kill yourself assuming you don't have a heart attack first.

Heh, I'd have to second that motion. I picked up the Gumball 3000 dvd a few weeks ago. Some truly crazy stuff they did in those 5 days. I love the scenes where the guys in their e36 M3 are trying to catch up with the Ferraris up ahead, but they've got that poor M3 floored and it won't go any faster. Probably what... 150-160mph before it runs out of umph? Especially with that big ole wing on the back providing lots of wind resistance.

And then there are the scenes in the Ferrari cockpit where they show the speedo hit 200+ a couple of times. (That was mph, not kph, correct? I seem to recall seeing mph on the digital speedo.) I'd believe it if that was in the F50. I believe that F50 guy went to jail a few times during the drive.

And then lastly, there's the additional footage where the guy with the Ferrari F50 and couple others are talking about a race they'd had that day on the freeway. Couple "normal" Ferraris, the F50, and a RUF 911 were going at it at some super fast speeds. (180+ if I recall.) That scene (if they're telling the truth) curdles the blood. The RUF 911 cutting through a rest stop at 150 in order to pass some traffic?

Most of these guys were from other countries, and obviously didn't care one lick about the 5+ tickets (and jail time) they were getting each day. I think the guy in the Audi RS4 had to hold the record. Poor guy was getting nailed for everything.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:20 AM
rai

Originally posted by MEfreak
That is why we have the police. I'm not rabidly opposed to mild speeding, but if you break 85 on a freeway, then I hope you get a nice pair of silver bracelets and a ride downtown for your troubles. Stripping your license would just be icing on the cake. One less reckless driver on the roads, one less worry on my mind.

Andrew, who has never gone over 85 on a public road, and 85 was in Wyoming, where the forward view is over 25 miles.

I agree with you a little in that I think there is a safe maximum speed in general.

The thing I think we agree on is that there is nothing wrong or unsafe with "speeding" I mean going 10-20 over the limit, But RECKLESS speeding is unsafe. I say reckless speeding is anything over 120 mph on a public road or speeding in traffic when your speed is noticibly faster than other cars. Or driving while distracted.

Also sorry about your friend. I think you are blaming his/her death on "speeding" instead of mechanical failure. Um do you think if this guy's brakes had worked he would have hit and killed you friend? OR that if the speeder had been going 55 mph and needed to stop say at a toll booth but he had no brakes he would not have killed someone? Do you see my point? :

No brakes = bad
no brakes + speeding = bad

but that does not mean :

speeding + brakes that work = bad.

Brakes should work. brakes are able to slow a car down or stop a car. You said brake failure was a factor. I see where you are comming from if the speeder had not been moving so much faster than traffic than no accident but if the speeders brakes worked than also no accident.

Also I think it is important to stress that although I think it is OK to speed it sould be stressed that driving should be the only focus. I mean no eating a pizza or talking on a cell phone or looking for a CD under the seat etc...

Old 12-13-2002, 08:04 AM
TriX

Originally posted by jreiter
Heh, I'd have to second that motion. I picked up the Gumball 3000 dvd a few weeks ago. Some truly crazy stuff they did in those 5 days. I love the scenes where the guys in their e36 M3 are trying to catch up with the Ferraris up ahead, but they've got that poor M3 floored and it won't go any faster. Probably what... 150-160mph before it runs out of umph? Especially with that big ole wing on the back providing lots of wind resistance.

And then there are the scenes in the Ferrari cockpit where they show the speedo hit 200+ a couple of times. (That was mph, not kph, correct? I seem to recall seeing mph on the digital speedo.) I'd believe it if that was in the F50. I believe that F50 guy went to jail a few times during the drive.

And then lastly, there's the additional footage where the guy with the Ferrari F50 and couple others are talking about a race they'd had that day on the freeway. Couple "normal" Ferraris, the F50, and a RUF 911 were going at it at some super fast speeds. (180+ if I recall.) That scene (if they're telling the truth) curdles the blood. The RUF 911 cutting through a rest stop at 150 in order to pass some traffic?

Most of these guys were from other countries, and obviously didn't care one lick about the 5+ tickets (and jail time) they were getting each day. I think the guy in the Audi RS4 had to hold the record. Poor guy was getting nailed for everything.

There is a website I will try to post the link later. Which shows some Skylines and Supras with 1000 bhp doing 0-200 km/hr runs.

It pretty incredible to say the least.

BTW where can I order the video you speak of?
Old 12-13-2002, 09:53 AM
MEfreak

Originally posted by rai
I say reckless speeding is anything over 120 mph on a public road or speeding in traffic when your speed is noticibly faster than other cars
Nice to know that you don't think my friend died at the hands of reckless driver.

Also sorry about your friend. I think you are blaming his/her death on "speeding" instead of mechanical failure. Um do you think if this guy's brakes had worked he would have hit and killed you friend? OR that if the speeder had been going 55 mph and needed to stop say at a toll booth but he had no brakes he would not have killed someone? Do you see my point?
Safe speed, no brake failure -> no accident
Safe speed, brake failure -> no accident
Speeding @ 110 mph, no brake failure -> no accident
Speeding @ 110 mph, brake failure -> accident

It was the speed that killed him. No grey area on this one. He is dead because the other driver was speeding. If the other guy hadn't been speeding, my friend would be alive, guaranteed, brake failure or not. Too much info to relay on the i-net, so please take my word on this.

I will restate my original point. You are not as in control of the situation as you'd like to think. Speeding creates an inherently dangerous (deadly) situation for yourself and, more tragically, others on the road. Expect the unexpected; never assume that your vehicle can't have a mechanical failure...

but that does not mean :
speeding + brakes that work = bad.
I wonder if he was thinking the same thing when mashing the gas pedal before he turned my friend's head into a pile of red and grey flesh and bone. You don't think the guy knew his brakes were out while doing 110 do you? He obviously couldn't guarantee his brakes would function at all times, so why do you assume that yours will? Again, you are not as in control of the situation as you'd like to think, no matter how "perfect" the situation might seem. Please keep the speeding on the track, where you'll only affect yourself if you have to learn the previously stated lesson the hard way.

I'm done here. I can't possibly change your understanding of how fatal speeding can prove to be. I hope that none of you have to learn how dangerous speeding can be the way I did.

Andrew
Old 12-13-2002, 11:22 AM
rai

Nice to know that you don't think my friend died at the hands of reckless driver.

[
You didn't even read the quote I said speed noticibly faster than other cars (is reckless).

If I am going 55 and everyone else is going 15 mph than my speed is noticibly faster than other cars. If I am doing 85 and everyone else is doing 80-90 than my speed is within a safe range.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:09 PM
rai

You don't think the guy knew his brakes were out while doing 110 do you? He obviously couldn't guarantee his brakes would function at all times, so why do you assume that yours will?
I can't guarantee that my brakes will function at all times. I also can't guarantee that I am not going to be attacked by a shark while driving my car. But its not something that I'm worried about.

If I thought my brakes could go out at any minute I'd never go faster than 5-6 mph. Do you think about your brakes when you are doing the speed limit? Think of the carnage that would take place every day if brakes were not very very reliable?

OK your friend was killed because the speeder was moving faster than traffic. Let's take your friend out of the equation. The guy with no brakes is doing 55 mph (that's a safe speed). Now there is a toll or an accident causing traffic to slow down and maybe even stop. But wait a minute this guy can't stop because he has no brakes. result = carnage. no brakes is no good.

that's all I'm saying.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:31 PM
jreiter

There is a website I will try to post the link later. Which shows some Skylines and Supras with 1000 bhp doing 0-200 km/hr runs.

It pretty incredible to say the least.

BTW where can I order the video you speak of?

I'd like to see those videos. You might also want to check out http://www.superkaos.com and look at the vids of the bikes on there. Turbocharged Hyabusas. Simply insane.

As far as the Gumball 3000 video, the one I was referring to is put out by a group called Teckademics. The name of the video is actually "Mischief 3000". See their website at:
http://www.teckademics.com

I bought my copy at The Wharehouse. Had to special order it, but it only took a few days to show up. Lots of places carry them. Teckademics' website has a full list of the places you can go to buy them.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:18 PM
TriX

Originally posted by jreiter
I'd like to see those videos. You might also want to check out http://www.superkaos.com and look at the vids of the bikes on there. Turbocharged Hyabusas. Simply insane.

As far as the Gumball 3000 video, the one I was referring to is put out by a group called Teckademics. The name of the video is actually "Mischief 3000". See their website at:
http://www.teckademics.com

I bought my copy at The Wharehouse. Had to special order it, but it only took a few days to show up. Lots of places carry them. Teckademics' website has a full list of the places you can go to buy them.
Thanks for the info.

This is the site:

www.exvitermini.com

Watch the supra turbo doing 0-200 km/hr and gets caught. Its pretty sweet. The skylines racing is great.

BTW there is a list there of the top upgraded skylines like 1/4 in 8-9 sec.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:34 PM
TriX

That site is godly.

I will get the vids next weekend.
Old 12-14-2002, 12:17 AM
S8ER95Z

Safe speed, no brake failure -> no accident
Safe speed, brake failure -> no accident
Speeding @ 110 mph, no brake failure -> no accident
Speeding @ 110 mph, brake failure -> accident
Are you serious? Safe Speed, brake failure is still going to be an accident..wtf difference does it make at that point? 55mph or 80mph..you have NO BRAKES... your ****ed.

COMMON SENSE!
Old 12-14-2002, 06:33 AM
rai

Originally posted by S8ER95Z
Are you serious? Safe Speed, brake failure is still going to be an accident..wtf difference does it make at that point? 55mph or 80mph..you have NO BRAKES... your ****ed.

COMMON SENSE!
He just means in this one particular incident because the speeder was moving so much faster than traffic he couldn't slow down. If the guy was not speeding he would not have run into the back of traffic.

Quick Reply: Dumb Freaking Stupid Moron with a Z, hope he gets it taken away!!!! >:| !!!