2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

LoJack got JACKED

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 01:10 AM
hallnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoJack got JACKED

Anyone have LoJack?

I have an issue with it being "missing". I got it installed a few weeks after I bought my 03. The installer wouldn't let me know where it was installed (company policy). Then I had an after market stereo installed and then removed (03 car went back under lemon law). I scheduled to have LoJack removed and reinstalled in 05. Well LoJack installer came out and claims it's not in old car anymore. Accused stereo installer of removing it accidentally. I called stereo installer and had him check stereo parts (still not in new car yet). Nothing. Drove to old car and verified it's not in car.

Since I can't ever guarantee it was in the car in the first place and I trust the stereo installer with keys to my house and $100 in cash in the center console I think LoJack JACKED me. I want them to activate it and see what they find (either it's dead, in my car, or in someone’s car whole stole it from me). Either way it's not my problem it the cops find it. Right now I am still in arguments with LoJack.

Anyone verify their LoJack by actually seeing it? I hear it's a black box the size of a deck of cards with an FCC sticker on one side and ground and +12VDC wires coming out. Nothing more...

Any thoughts?
Old 07-23-2005, 01:42 AM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribing to see what happens when they activate it.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:13 AM
the7ferret

CAll the cops and tell them your info, see who really has your lojack!
hahaha

Have the cops arrest whoever has the lojack for stealing your lojack.
hahaha
Old 07-23-2005, 05:08 AM
AZNNBLK

i watched my installation - so, i know exactly where it is located... i would recommend locating ur device n see what happens.. i m bettin its the stereo guys since it does look like a box bout the size of a deck of cards
Old 07-23-2005, 06:20 AM
Zcarboy

But does anyone think the stereo guys would still keep the Lojack by now?
Old 07-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Phalocke
The Immortal

Subscribing.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Timmy_boy188

I swear any company that deals with any kind of service for automobiles have the worst service towards their customers, I have had my fair share of issues with many companies and its not fun
Old 07-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Dissolved

Originally Posted by the7ferret
CAll the cops and tell them your info, see who really has your lojack!
hahaha

Have the cops arrest whoever has the lojack for stealing your lojack.
hahaha
Old 07-23-2005, 04:41 PM
boma

Maybe they never put LoJack in to begin with?
Old 07-23-2005, 05:31 PM
msand22

Sorry but can someone please explain to me what a Lojack is exactly and what is does. Thanks
Old 07-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Timmy_boy188

lojack is a company that installs little tracking devices in a vehicle so that if its stolen they can set the device off and the police can locate your car, my opinion, WASTE OF 1000 DOLLARS!!!!!! why spent money on something like that when you can just get full coverage on your car and if its stolen, you get full price for all the extras on your car and market value of the actual car, duhhh! this is why you have insurance, its your biggest protection, do you really want your car back after its been driven to **** by some crack head that stole your car.... didnt think so

Tim
Old 07-23-2005, 05:51 PM
msand22

I would say that it was probably never installed to begin with.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:50 AM
cehome

Originally Posted by msand22
I would say that it was probably never installed to begin with.
I would highly doubt a dealer would not install it when they said they did. The risk of a law suite is not worth it for the dealer to blatantly defraud a customer in such a manner.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:09 AM
msand22

bump.
Old 07-24-2005, 06:24 AM
willpower

So its not really an anti theft device...as you have to have your car stolen for it to be of any use, so by the time you get your car back the bastards have taken your stereo,wheels,and anything else they can get there hands on.So why pay all that money for nothing............

later
Old 07-24-2005, 09:13 AM
CAN0802

Originally Posted by willpower
So its not really an anti theft device...as you have to have your car stolen for it to be of any use, so by the time you get your car back the bastards have taken your stereo,wheels,and anything else they can get there hands on.So why pay all that money for nothing............

later
Actually, it's a theft recovery device. If your car is stolen, it gets tracked, and hopefully, the police recover it before it gets stripped. Pricewise, you can talk it down to less than $500, and the money you'll save in insurance makes up for it, so over the course of a few years, it will eventually pay for itself. If you want anti-theft, get an alarm. As for paying for itself, I have a deal where if either my car or truck get stolen and can't be recovered in 30 days, I will get $10K off my next vehicle if I buy another from the respective dealers where I bought the lojack. Money for nothing, only if it never gets stolen, but that's a bet I'm willing to take.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:56 AM
hallnz

OK little more about the Jacked LoJack.

First it cut 1/4% on my loan rate (I think that was crap and they jacked me), two it's a 10% disc on my insurance, 3 they pay my $500 deductible if they can't find it in 24 hrs, 4 they pay me $5000 (to do with what I want including put it down on another car or pocket it) if they can't find it in 24hrs.

Now I went down in the sweltering heat in my old black car and pulled all the poppable panels out. Searched high and low and no black deck of cards I see where my stereo shop installed my changer (and just cut the ground off when they pulled it out) as well as the #4 power and ground wires for my amps. No other wires present. The LoJack needs power and ground so I look (as best I could) at the rear power point to find a splice point, NOTHING!!! I trust the stereo shop with a couple $100 in my console and over 100 CDs in my CD case. The LoJack installer specifically told me he is "authorized to leave if I continue to insist on watching". I asked LoJack to give me the location of the LoJack and I will check for it. They told me "to the right of the driver's seat in the center console" I said that's not where he told me he installed it. He told me he in stalled it behind the driver's seat somewhere. Then the LoJack manager said "sorry to the right of the driver's seat in the rear console". I then asked if he could "guarantee it was installed" and he said "well it has to be powered up to get the info we have in our system." I then said well I could power it up anywhere and do that. And he said there is no advantage because he can't use it with any other car. I said well... What about needing to get to another call and not wanting to loose his installation commission by giving his next install to someone else because this one is taking too long?

So yes Monday I think I am going to call LoJack and ask them to activate it. If it's in my old car and they just couldn't find it then they will pay for the call to the cops. If it's in someone else’s car well I get my **** back and LoJack pays because it wasn't installed. If it's sitting on a shelf somewhere then I get screwed because someone has my LoJack and it's not me

Never again will I let those F'ers install it without my witnessing it!!!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:55 AM
The Mike

Originally Posted by CAN0802
Actually, it's a theft recovery device. If your car is stolen, it gets tracked, and hopefully, the police recover it before it gets stripped. Pricewise, you can talk it down to less than $500, and the money you'll save in insurance makes up for it, so over the course of a few years, it will eventually pay for itself. If you want anti-theft, get an alarm. As for paying for itself, I have a deal where if either my car or truck get stolen and can't be recovered in 30 days, I will get $10K off my next vehicle if I buy another from the respective dealers where I bought the lojack. Money for nothing, only if it never gets stolen, but that's a bet I'm willing to take.
When you're ready for a new car I guess you can just take in your current car to the chop shop and get recieve your 10K cash bonus towards the new car j/k
Old 07-24-2005, 11:31 AM
CAN0802

Originally Posted by The Mike
When you're ready for a new car I guess you can just take in your current car to the chop shop and get recieve your 10K cash bonus towards the new car j/k
I thought about that, and even "forgetting" my keys in the vehicle (minus the key fob), and parking it down by the border with a sign that said take me home to Mexico, but with my luck, I'd get caught. I guess if it is going to happen, it ill happen legitimately, and legally.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:15 AM
hallnz

how legal is a stolen car?!!! LOL Legitimately is the way to go. It's just not worth driving your new one wondering if someday they will take it away.

Quick Reply: LoJack got JACKED