2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Who Got This

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 06:56 PM
dvlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ethan84ae
Tom & All,

I got the letter in the mail today too from Nissan.

Let me clarify this further- Aparently Nissan had a mis-print on the Monroney Label (window sticker) of early cars- The stickers incorrectly described the front brakes as having "dual-piston caliper(s)" Fact is, except for the Track model, all 350Z's have SINGLE piston front calipers.

Funny, I never noticed this, but sure enough, I checked my sticker and it had the error - FYI - my car was an early one - ordered on January 15th, delivered on September 9th - VIN ends in 390 I think....

Out of all the bitching and moaning around here, this was NEVER something people bitched and moaned about - ironic as I suspect we probably would have had the easiest legal claim w/ this error... The window sticker is stricly regulated... ...not that I personally would have made a stink about something like that had I realized...

In an effort to "CYA" on the above error, Nissan will be sending out "a DVD featuring a unique Z experience" - I wonder if they're going to send the DVD free to all owners, or just the folks w/ the window sticker error....I'm guessing they're talking about "The Run" DVD (trailer now available on www.z.com ) - but you never now. Of course I think all of us would have bought it anyway...

In addition, the letter came with a great insert that has quotes from all the articles that we've all read 100 times. I'll scan it if you really want me to.

So thanks for being honest, Nissan. I think you handled this one pretty well.

-Ethan
moderator, my350z.Com
very well put.

dan
Old 12-09-2002, 07:48 PM
dczoner

Originally posted by VQracer
I still have yet received the gift. Hope I get the DVD at least.
Yeah, me neither. I feel kinda dumb calling up Nissan and asking for my goodies though, you know?

Oh well, maybe I'm just lazy and they're sitting in my mailbox as well as those... what are those things called again? oh yeah, car payments. Those...

He he
Old 12-09-2002, 08:45 PM
z350z
Charter Member #13

I got that letter today too! I was surprised that Nissan was addressing an issue that nobody has brought up here yet. I thought we had every complaint covered! I am just happy to get yet more cool free stuff from Nissan. I was happy just getting the car, but they keep sending me presents too. What a deal! (I assume it's "The Run" DVD which I can't wait to get!!)
Old 12-09-2002, 08:54 PM
Bjmnzzzz

I'll trade an ESM CD for The Run CD. PM Me.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:14 AM
infinite z

Yup I got my letter yesterday as well. I never even realized that issue they talked about. Seemed like more of an excuse to give us the DVD for free than anything else. Very cool! I watched the trailer online like 5 times, it is so awesome! I need to learn how to drive like that.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:37 PM
CoachZ

Default Mail from Nissan USA

{edit} Oops, should read more carefully before I post something "new".{edit}

Last edited by CoachZ; 12-10-2002 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:39 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Mail from Nissan USA

Originally posted by CoachZ
{edit} Oops, should read more carefully before I post something "new".{edit}

Thanks!