Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

This is BULLSHAT I'm furious!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:56 PM
mpol99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, man, definitely go to a different dealership.

Good Luck!
Old 07-29-2005, 01:02 PM
RED HOT Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpol99
Yeah, man, definitely go to a different dealership.

Good Luck!

Yeah I'm going to Performance nissan again maybe this time I take it the car will grind. I got it to grind at Metro but that was pointless.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:28 PM
Lee ZR

Trade it for an automatic......just kidding..........good luck RED, don't let the dealer jack you around. Why do dealers give customers a hard time, doesn't Nissan Corp foot the bill for warranty work?
Old 07-29-2005, 01:35 PM
RED HOT Z

^^^ hahaha an automatic funny guy
Old 07-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Timmy_boy188

Originally Posted by BigMike
about 350Z owners that are on this forum, its mainly younger males in their 20's that don't have the first clue about what a sports car really is and are more worried about big rims, new exhaust, and stereos. Oh yeah, and can't write a post without a ton of grammar and spelling errors.
wayt, no ey want 20's, oh shut im 19, cant spel, dunt now anytheng bout mye care, too stuped to go on....

haha, your so ignorant

Tim
Old 07-29-2005, 03:12 PM
RED HOT Z

^^haha old people think they are so wise ahahahhaha
Old 07-30-2005, 04:28 AM
ZlleH

I took my car in for the tire feathering TSB yesterday. When I got back, they told me my alignment was spot on and that they switch the old bridgestone with a new bridgestone design.

I asked them what was up with that and they told me the issue was the poor design of the first genearation bridgestone which caused early feathering. The new generation bridgestone that they just put on will not have early feathering issue.

Originally Posted by tacomaboy
Why would Porsche want to use a suspension design that causes premature tire feathering, when they have a better performing setup to begin with!?

I am also an engineer WOOHOO!
Old 07-30-2005, 04:37 AM
ZlleH

Don't forget also that Lamborghini uses Audi technology/parts in their cars as well.

Originally Posted by spcemn_spiff
Since you said you owned 2 Porsches, lets see how much you know about this. Porsche Cayenne shares platform and engines with Volkswagen Touareg. What does this do to Porsche and VW, it helps sharing development costs, engineering resources, and achieve production efficiencies. So is Porsche immune to cost saving measures, no.

So the moral of the story is sharing platform is a auto industry norm. If you dont like it, build you own car. If have money then buy Mclaren F1 or an Enzo or Carrera GT. Funny part is that they may also share platforms with race proven cars.

You might think this as an anomaly, but I am an engineer and a proud owner of the Z and so are many people on this forum.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:14 AM
tacomaboy

Originally Posted by ZlleH
I took my car in for the tire feathering TSB yesterday. When I got back, they told me my alignment was spot on and that they switch the old bridgestone with a new bridgestone design.

I asked them what was up with that and they told me the issue was the poor design of the first genearation bridgestone which caused early feathering. The new generation bridgestone that they just put on will not have early feathering issue.
So you believe you will never see the feathering again?
Old 07-30-2005, 05:34 AM
ZlleH

I never stated that. I stated what the tech guy told me.

Every tire will feather eventually. The problem with the first generation bridgestone is that it feathered way too early then it should have because suppossedly of poor design.

Originally Posted by tacomaboy
So you believe you will never see the feathering again?
Old 07-30-2005, 06:48 AM
LIdrew

Get Second opinion from another dealer immediately. I went to the dealer where I bought my Z for grinding a ways back. They said cannot duplicate. Took it to another dealer and I had a new tranny within 3 days. I will always go to that second dealer for work even though it's far away.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:23 PM
spacemn_spiff

Don't forget also that Lamborghini uses Audi technology/parts in their cars as well.
And VW uses Audi platforms and vice versa.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:37 PM
MADDOG`

Try another dealer, get the service manager to go with you and be calm. Be rational and ask questions instead of making statements. Questions like "This doesn't appear to be normal, does it?" What do you suppose is wrong with the clutch, transmission or shifter?"
"How long will it take to find the problem and fix it?"

Basically, lead them along into acceptance that there is a problem and let them come to the conclusion on their own.

Once you start raising your voice, making statements that they gotta fix it and responding to their standard company line with a loud disagreement, they turn you off.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:40 AM
orion350z

AHHAHAAAAHAAAAAA...........I can't believe they fed you that line of ********. I got the same line, only i received it 8 months ago. Well, I'll wise you up........they'll feather just as quick as your other potenzas, or michelins, or bf's, or kumhos.......................or hello, just toss some racing slicks on the front of the car.......our Z will figure out a way to feather it lol

Ya know why they fed you that line? It's actually a classic trademark of the auto industry. Us common folk refer to it as "passing the buck." According to Nissan, it obviously wasn't their flawless suspension design that caused the tires to fail.........it was the uhhhhhh...... tires! That's right!! .........sooooo...........bridgestone is back in the perverbial kitchen making nissan a sammich. Once this myth is debunked.....in time........nissan will then blame the road surfaces of north america for being faulty, causing their vehicles to have premature tire wear.

If its one thing I have to give to Nissan of North
America......their customer relations dept. are pros at buying time, and they are masters of litigation. They are ****ing Rembrandts. Mark my words, this will not be the last time nissan tries to fix a broken arm with a band-aid.

I hope that some day Nissan will actually give me something positive to post up in here. I'm turning into a damn grouch.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:26 PM
arejohn

Default Alignment data

If you understood the cause of feathering you would know that the new Bridgestone tires will feather less than the old design because of the additional support on the inside tread blocks.

Can you provide alignment data to support that the combination of new BS tires and proper front wheel alignment will- after 5 or 10k miles- produce roar while braking ?

Last edited by arejohn; 07-31-2005 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-01-2005, 06:47 AM
King Tut

Another lovely 350Z bashing thread. How can a thread go so bad so quick? One guy having issues getting warranty work at one dealer turns into yet another Nissan "tire feathering" bash fest.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:07 AM
tacomaboy

Originally Posted by King Tut
Another lovely 350Z bashing thread. How can a thread go so bad so quick? One guy having issues getting warranty work at one dealer turns into yet another Nissan "tire feathering" bash fest.

Maybe if so many of the tires wouldnt feather this badly/quickly we wouldnt have so many of these threads...

as they say where there is smoke there is fire...
Old 08-01-2005, 08:00 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cloudy
How old am I?
Mid to late 20's?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:51 AM
RED HOT Z

well thanks alot guys for all your responses
Old 08-01-2005, 11:32 AM
orion350z

I tell ya what.......I'm really not trying to be negative........to tell you the truth, I really don't have to try. Nissan gave me these new and magical tires months ago and it returned to roaring at about 5k. I guess I just don't know who to believe anymore. All I can recommend is if they install a pair of these tires have them check, and recheck the alignment and toe settings. Maybe you'll get lucky. Let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: This is BULLSHAT I'm furious!!