Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What is the deal with this car and road rage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 11:15 AM
xxlbeerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the deal with this car and road rage?

Seems like I'm always having problems with people when I drive my Z. I don't do anything out of the ordinary, usually it's people cutting me off or being a ***** that starts it. When I drive someone elses car, or when I drove any of my previous vehicles I almost never have these kinds of problems...

Today some dude blocked me at a light and when I got out to whip his *** and he got scared and took off. I've had a couple of yelling matches in the past few weeks as well. Man this is ridiculous, maybe it's just the heat.

I don't get it, it's not like this an expensive car! I just need to let **** go I guess before I end up in jail.

Last edited by xxlbeerZ; 08-08-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:19 AM
KingOfV6

what i do if a situation comes up like this is just get a pack of tennis ***** and throw it and get away asap
Old 08-08-2005, 11:27 AM
apharmdb

Today some dude blocked me at a light and when I got out to whip his *** and he got scared and took off. I've had a couple of yelling matches in the past few weeks as well. Man this is ridiculous, maybe it's just the heat.

This sounds pretty out of the ordinary to me...Perhaps it is the heat, but it just doesn't seem worth it to me to get out of the car to confront someone you have no idea about. Person could pull a gun, could run you over, or take off like they did in your case. But what if it's the first 2? I used to get really pissed about traffic crap that happen, but it happens and it will continue to happen all the time, so getting worked up about it seems pretty pointless.

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ

Seems like I'm always having problems with people when I drive my Z. I don't do anything out of the ordinary, usually it's people cutting me off or being a ***** that starts it. When I drive someone elses car, or when I drove any of my previous vehicles I almost never have these kinds of problems...

I don't get it, it's not like this an expensive car! I just need to let **** go I guess before I end up in jail.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:27 AM
mpol99

Take some pills, man, and calm down. jk

I see road rage a LOT, yet have NEVER let my temper get the best of me. It's not worth it.

Learn to deal with others' road rage or one day you might get shot. Not worth the risk, man. Stay in your car and laugh at others' inability to control their tempers.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:42 AM
grifferjr

i tend to notice people giving me special attention with this car. the main thing that gets under my skin is when i am on the highway. i tend to use the cruise control as much as possible so i can just sit back and listen to the radio. the main thing that gets me is when a car will bust a$$ to get up next to me in the passing lane and then just sit there and stare right alongside of me as i am coming up on some traffic ahead of me, and then i have to get off the cruise. it has gotten so bad as to where i have had to motion to people to get their a$$ moving.

this could of course just be coincidence and the other cars are just some dumba$$ drivers. or maybe i expect too much from others cause i know i try and do this out of courtesy. if i see that a car i am passing is coming up on slower traffic, i will give the gas an extra punch to get by them quicker so they can pass as easily as possible. but then again everyone here thinks that he/she is the best driver in the world, myself included!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 11:50 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by grifferjr
the main thing that gets me is when a car will bust a$$ to get up next to me in the passing lane and then just sit there and stare right alongside of me as i am coming up on some traffic ahead of me, and then i have to get off the cruise. it has gotten so bad as to where i have had to motion to people to get their a$$ moving.
I get this too. I usually ride in the center or towards the right lanes of the HWY. I usually only go 5 mph above the speed limit. Usually I'm crusin' listening to my radio. I will usually have someone that lingers in my blindspot. I should feel proud because I know they are checking out the ride, but sometimes it's annoying because I want to get over and I can't.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Fletch69z

Yeah, I get people that pick on me all the time. Try to rev it, or cut me off. You just have to deal with it.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:57 AM
xxlbeerZ

Originally Posted by apharmdb

This sounds pretty out of the ordinary to me...Perhaps it is the heat, but it just doesn't seem worth it to me to get out of the car to confront someone you have no idea about. Person could pull a gun, could run you over, or take off like they did in your case. But what if it's the first 2? I used to get really pissed about traffic crap that happen, but it happens and it will continue to happen all the time, so getting worked up about it seems pretty pointless.

Well when the dick has me trapped at a light PLUS all of the cars behind me he needs his *** kicked. He saw me first in line, pulled up the shoulder and reversed right on me and cocked to the side. When he did that I assumed we were going to fight or shoot it out anyway. Honestly I didn't know what to do, so I was going to get out and punch and kick his car. I pack too, so we could have had a shootout, after sitting there trapped for a while, I didn't care anymore.

When I saw the ******* I was more pissed, I chased him down and it was some little older guy. He was scared shitless, which I found really strange after what he did, guess he just wanted me to miss the light. Afterward I really thought it was kind of funny.

I'm over it now, if he keeps doing stuff like that he won't live much longer anyway. Besides I have his license plate, so I can find out where he lives for $13.

Last edited by xxlbeerZ; 08-08-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Fletch69z

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
Well when the dick has me trapped at a light PLUS all of the cars behind me he needs his *** kicked. He saw me first in line, pulled up the shoulder and reversed right on me and cocked to the side. When he did that I assumed we were going to fight or shoot it out anyway. Honestly I didn't know what to do, so I was going to get out and punch and kick his car. I pack too, so we could have had a shootout, after sitting there trapped for a while, I didn't care anymore.

When I saw the ******* I was more pissed, I chased him down and it was some little older guy. He was scared shitless, which I found really strange after what he did, guess he just wanted me to miss the light. Afterward I really thought it was kind of funny.

I'm over it now, if he keeps doing stuff like that he won't live much longer anyway. Besides I have his license plate, so I can find out where he lives for $13.
Damn man. I'm never getting on your bad side, .
Old 08-08-2005, 12:59 PM
xNeo

When someone tries to **** with me, or tries to race me I just whip out my old constable badge from when I was a part time security guard. Its is identical to a cop badge in Mass, just says constable on it. They usually $hit themselves or just slow down.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:16 PM
iheartZ

get a permit to carry. when someone gives u sh*t, just give em a quick glance! thatll shut em the hell up! heheheh
Old 08-08-2005, 01:21 PM
hypeiv

the first day I had the car a ricer in a kia with a huge wing was show boating around me and tried to pass me on the RIGHT... only problem the lane to my right was about to end, I reacted and swurved hard to my left (BAD IDEA) and thanked the Lord there was no one in my blind spot b/c it would have been my fault if I nailed anyone... from that day on I knew I was going to have to be careful about people thinking I am some rich boy and screwing with me while I drive.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:24 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by xNeo
When someone tries to **** with me, or tries to race me I just whip out my old constable badge from when I was a part time security guard. Its is identical to a cop badge in Mass, just says constable on it. They usually $hit themselves or just slow down.
LOL thats great
Old 08-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Fletch69z

Originally Posted by hypeiv
LOL thats great
LOL-+1!!
Old 08-08-2005, 02:15 PM
apharmdb

+2! Lol to the quote above.... To the other post, flashing a gun is pretty much the same deal as everything else. It was mentioned that for $13.00 you can get someone's address and deal with them there, but the same is true for you. Folks are getting more and more psycho these days, where people are leaving the scene then coming back to finish the confrontation without the other parties knowledge. Just take that poor dude who was shot in the back of the head while holding his 10 month old kid. He had no idea it was coming as the incident happened way earlier. So my thing is why even bother taking the chance over something you won't even care about 1/2 an hour later?

Last edited by apharmdb; 08-08-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:33 PM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by hypeiv
the first day I had the car a ricer in a kia with a huge wing was show boating around me and tried to pass me on the RIGHT... only problem the lane to my right was about to end, I reacted and swurved hard to my left (BAD IDEA) and thanked the Lord there was no one in my blind spot b/c it would have been my fault if I nailed anyone... from that day on I knew I was going to have to be careful about people thinking I am some rich boy and screwing with me while I drive.
I had a ricer do this to me in an MR2, except I didn't move. His lane dead ended into construction site. He slammed his brakes on and skided out of control. I looked back in my mirror. he didn't crash. I got a good laugh.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:49 PM
MrGraphics

Problem with that is - anytime there is a showdown between two cars, the crappier one will always win. The person in the nice car doesn't want anything to happen to their car, where as the idiot in the 1989 Accord worth $1500 doesn't give a flying f if he gets one more dent in his multicolored clownmobile.

The crappier the car, the less they have to lose - and we have the most to lose.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:55 PM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by MrGraphics
Problem with that is - anytime there is a showdown between two cars, the crappier one will always win. The person in the nice car doesn't want anything to happen to their car, where as the idiot in the 1989 Accord worth $1500 doesn't give a flying f if he gets one more dent in his multicolored clownmobile.

The crappier the car, the less they have to lose - and we have the most to lose.
This is true
-Makes VO wanna go buy a 1979 Chevy Custom Deluxe Pick-Up -
Old 08-08-2005, 03:59 PM
MrGraphics

Yeah - with a big rusty steel tube ram bar on the front and back! That'll learn 'em! Farging bastages.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:07 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just don't go get slammed with impersonating an officer...

Quick Reply: What is the deal with this car and road rage?