Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

NO disrespect intended, Z or Wrx STI

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Fisher Price

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chup kar and just buy it already! wanna buy mine? lol you goin to export today foof?

-muchlee
Old 08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
sharaabi

Originally Posted by Fisher Price
chup kar and just buy it already! wanna buy mine? lol you goin to export today foof?

-muchlee

ahhahha muchlee !

yea dawg imma be thre at night... got into a lil issues goin onk.... ps this site is great to post n get stuff from..

Last edited by sharaabi; 08-30-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Kegsbane

Originally Posted by bstansbu
I once fot 350$ in groceries comfortably in the Z with 1 set of golf clubs in the back also. lol BEN
So, I guess by groceries you meant crack.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Spideynw

Originally Posted by sharaabi
By the end of this year, i plan to pay off some debts and buy a car.
I currently hav a maxima and simply love it. Ive always loved the Z but also love cars and performance in general.

1.With NO disrespect intended, Id like to know if you were NOT A 350z fan, and had the money to buy either a sububru STI or a 350z, what would it be and why?
Dumb question on a Z forum.

2. STOCK, off the line im sure an STI can take a Z if im not wrong, but GENERALLY speaking, If i had lets say $10,000 extra....where would I get more HP AND PERFORMANCE for my buck?? on the z or sti?
STI
Old 09-01-2007, 09:03 PM
zoni19

you live in CHICAGO if its going to be your daily driver go sti because of the awd and winters if its going to be a toy of a weekend car buy the Z
Old 09-21-2007, 05:00 PM
darklocust
Banned

Before I got my Z, I asked this question as well. A 2.5 Turbo or 3.5 NA. I opted for the 3.5 which can be TT'd later on. Its good that you're looking ahead and thinking what's best for now. Its your money!

LOL @ Z = Corporate
Old 09-21-2007, 05:49 PM
SergEK

By the end of this year, i plan to pay off some debts and buy a car.
I currently hav a maxima and simply love it. Ive always loved the Z but also love cars and performance in general.

1.With NO disrespect intended, Id like to know if you were NOT A 350z fan, and had the money to buy either a sububru STI or a 350z, what would it be and why?

2. STOCK, off the line im sure an STI can take a Z if im not wrong, but GENERALLY speaking, If i had lets say $10,000 extra....where would I get more HP AND PERFORMANCE for my buck?? on the z or sti?

3.im reading the sti forums too, just dont know which car is going to be more durable, reliable etc.
Two totally different cars in power delivery and traction....

If you want an AWD car get an EVO
If you want a comfy crusier with great handling and the potential for massive power....get a 350Z

The Z will make as much power as you will probably ever want for a street car and then some

The delivery will be more relaxed at lower boost levels and have much better off boost response

WHen you consider the car as an overall package and can only choose one.....the Z is just more fun to drive and has more appeal ....the STi....most people think its a grocery getter with a huge wing

With 10K you can make plenty of power with a Z and have a damn nice ride....with killer looks, fun dynamics and massive presence....its hard not to choose a Z

STi takes alot of effort to make power....compared to EVOs....A stock turbo EVO can hit 11's pretty easily.....STI....dont think so....and when it comes to handling on tarmac....EVO wins again

The Z is my choice by a nose over an EVO....I have had experiences with all three cars and the EVOs were the easiest to get into the 11's...which for a street car is damn quick....the Z is fully capable as well, with FI and a good tune (with a higher trap too)

Looks = Z
Power potential = Z 1000+whp
Traction = AWD
Comfort = Z
Reliabiliy = too varied/slight edge to factory FI cars
Presence = Z

The one drawback is the Z requires money to get FI/TUNE/SUPPORT mods whereas the investment for a street EVO is less....but ultimately after redoing the EVO with custom parts youll be spending as much as you would on a built Z

So the one thing that you may consider is its easier to put the EVO back to stock than the Z....sell the mods.....but I dont think you wanna sink all that money in and then sell it for half what your into it for

STi's and EVOs are a dime a dozen.....a 600+whp TT Z....pretty rare ...something to think about too
Old 09-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Zilvia

im stock on this same thought.. once i grad from school and 2yr im looking at getting a Z or a Sti......
Old 09-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Cyp

Originally Posted by Zilvia
im stock on this same thought.. once i grad from school and 2yr im looking at getting a Z or a Sti......
by then you might be looking at something else.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:28 PM
joe645733

STI is discusting
Old 09-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Devil Z

Get an EVO.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:36 PM
Zilvia

Originally Posted by Cyp
by then you might be looking at something else.
true but i set my eye to them casue i figure in about 2yr the 03-04 models of both will be close to 10-12k...... a pretty affordable price.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by joe645733
STI is discusting
You're disgusting.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by SergEK
Two totally different cars in power delivery and traction....

If you want an AWD car get an EVO
If you want a comfy crusier with great handling and the potential for massive power....get a 350Z

The Z will make as much power as you will probably ever want for a street car and then some

The delivery will be more relaxed at lower boost levels and have much better off boost response

WHen you consider the car as an overall package and can only choose one.....the Z is just more fun to drive and has more appeal ....the STi....most people think its a grocery getter with a huge wing

With 10K you can make plenty of power with a Z and have a damn nice ride....with killer looks, fun dynamics and massive presence....its hard not to choose a Z

STi takes alot of effort to make power....compared to EVOs....A stock turbo EVO can hit 11's pretty easily.....STI....dont think so....and when it comes to handling on tarmac....EVO wins again

The Z is my choice by a nose over an EVO....I have had experiences with all three cars and the EVOs were the easiest to get into the 11's...which for a street car is damn quick....the Z is fully capable as well, with FI and a good tune (with a higher trap too)

Looks = Z
Power potential = Z 1000+whp
Traction = AWD
Comfort = Z
Reliabiliy = too varied/slight edge to factory FI cars
Presence = Z

The one drawback is the Z requires money to get FI/TUNE/SUPPORT mods whereas the investment for a street EVO is less....but ultimately after redoing the EVO with custom parts youll be spending as much as you would on a built Z

So the one thing that you may consider is its easier to put the EVO back to stock than the Z....sell the mods.....but I dont think you wanna sink all that money in and then sell it for half what your into it for

STi's and EVOs are a dime a dozen.....a 600+whp TT Z....pretty rare ...something to think about too
I like your assessment. Honestly I was thinking of selling my car and getting an EVO, after I drove one (bone stock) I fell in love with that car. However I realized I've put WAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much money into my Z and it would just be a terrible decision.

But honestly if I test drove an EVO while car shopping 1 year ago I would have gotten that car.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:52 PM
azevoix

Originally Posted by Devil Z
I like your assessment. Honestly I was thinking of selling my car and getting an EVO, after I drove one (bone stock) I fell in love with that car. However I realized I've put WAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much money into my Z and it would just be a terrible decision.

But honestly if I test drove an EVO while car shopping 1 year ago I would have gotten that car.

I have a Evo, and wife has a auto 350z, i enjoy driving the z a lot more than the evo.. the tranny sucks assss, i got a twin carbon clutch it grabs good but its not smooth at all, the evo will whoop the z anyday but the feeling of the z is so much better, i gotta say that if i would have had the chance again id take a 6mt Z over the evo.. so if u wanna trade im up for it! lol ive got about 7k on the *****
Old 09-21-2007, 09:57 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharaabi, may be if you laid off sharaab for a while you might get sober enough to realize that the STi looks like an Excedrin tablet.

But then you will have to change your login ID
Old 09-21-2007, 09:59 PM
azevoix

how come nobody has mentioned srt? lol
Old 09-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by azevoix
I have a Evo, and wife has a auto 350z, i enjoy driving the z a lot more than the evo.. the tranny sucks assss, i got a twin carbon clutch it grabs good but its not smooth at all, the evo will whoop the z anyday but the feeling of the z is so much better, i gotta say that if i would have had the chance again id take a 6mt Z over the evo.. so if u wanna trade im up for it! lol ive got about 7k on the *****
You have a PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Zilvia

i really see nothing wrong with the looks of the wrx/sti , specially not the new(05-07) headlights and bumper......now maybe if u guys were talking about the ugly heap of **** Subaru is putting out for 08 thats a different story.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:49 AM
youcantzme

Well I think an STi is pank... The z looks raw lets face it, its a pantty dropper. The STI is quick but is not great looking on the eyes. I think with a little time and money you can have your z blowing away sti's and you have a bad *** looking car... here is something for my z lovers out there F*** them slowburos......
youcantzme aka jbfairladyz aka spanking up them subarus......

Last edited by youcantzme; 09-22-2007 at 07:52 AM.

Quick Reply: NO disrespect intended, Z or Wrx STI