Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Well, I guess I'm going to have to wait for the Z...again

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Spideynw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sentry65
it only takes one scare of a cop threatening to take your car away, impound it, inspect it for illegal mods, and then auction it off to make you not do tripple digits ever again....but some people just gotta go 160mph anyway to beat their personal best time. Any fool can just continue to hold down the gas pedal. No skill required there.
Personal best time? Any fool can just continue to hold down the gas pedal? I have done 140+ for the thrill of doing 140+. Had nothing to do with best time. Same reason you go on a roller coaster.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:36 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's nice, many of us have, don't brag to me about it, no one here is that impressed - everyone has stated the Z is very stable up to 160

when someone catches you, you decide that it's more important to you to keep your car than it is to go 140+mph
Old 08-15-2005, 02:55 PM
Spideynw

Who was bragging? I was just responding to your post. Not trying to impress anyone. I figure most people on this board have done 140+ in their Z.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:51 PM
PDX_Racer

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Nope, I haven't done 140+ in my Z, because I haven't taken my car to a track day yet. No way am I going to be doing that on the street, highway, or freeway, having been a victim of a 100MPH+ rear-end collision (yes, I realize that I'm lucky to be alive, much less walking).

Most people here in the U.S. think of driving as a right. They also don't remember that they are supposed to stay right unless they are passing, or that they are wielding a deadly weapon since the power required to control it is basically in their fingertips (power steering, power brakes, power windows, power-everything).
Old 08-15-2005, 03:53 PM
BENSIN

If only I had used the rear mounted rocket launchers, but I HAD to take them off to reduce my car's weight...damn...
Old 08-15-2005, 05:43 PM
ZValkyrie

Originally Posted by Lancaster
Cities should dedicate funds to set up a street racing track, so people don't...um..'street' race?

If cities wanted to deter street racing, they would institute a speed limit, and threaten severe punishments for wreckless driving on public roads(which they do). According to your logic, sex offenders shouldn't be punished for their actions, rather make the government buy em all blow-up dolls to hump; that should reduce the amount of offenses every year...

simply amazing..

Wow, your grasp of valid comparisons and logical argument astound me.Why don't you just compare eating meet to drowning babies in a bathtub. lol
The point is:
No one speeds with the intent to hurt anyone, and in this instance, no one got hurt. Speed is not evil It's fun

So, if you're always going the speed limit, and never showing off, why did you buy a Z?
Old 08-15-2005, 05:51 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZValkyrie
So, if you're always going the speed limit, and never showing off, why did you buy a Z?

I can't speak for everyone of course, but there's many people who are more than content with going the speedlimit +0-9 mph and still appreciate the Z for it's accelleration up to the speed limit and how fun it is to heal/toe downshift before making a turn. Not to mention going to the track where you can and will go as fast as you can 100% legally as well as improve on your driving skills.

This also might be a shock, but about 90% of Z owners are just strictly concerned about looks and don't know much about performance other than the Z is decently fast
Old 08-15-2005, 05:51 PM
ZValkyrie

Originally Posted by PDX_Racer
(power steering, power brakes, power windows, power-everything).

I had no idea that power windows were so deadly!

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist/ no offense )
Old 08-15-2005, 06:10 PM
toledo

Originally Posted by BENSIN
I know a lot of cops, I'm related to a bunch of them, my whole family is cops.
Isnt this a get out of jail free card. Have them fix it.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:10 PM
oldsnail

Originally Posted by zand02max
Why does the cop have to be a pig? Typical hate relationship until you need the police, then its thank you Officer.

In my opinion, your the pig for driving recklessly!
cop = pig why?
In my life, I called 911 twice, both time I could've been killed
the cops arrived first one 45 min later, second one 55min later
The ambulance arrived 5 min within the call though..
First one, my car was hit by 'boulder dropping at pedestrian walkway above highway' and the cop arrived 45 min later to do nothing
Second one, I got ganged by Chinese gangs w/o reason... just because I
was at wrong place at wrong time.. 14 of them ganged up on me, my girlfriend paniced and called 911, 55min later, they arrive just to say.. anyone killed or badly injured? It's too late to chase them now, goodbye.

twice I got speeding ticket in my life... First one at over 1am for going 15km over on empty street. The pig was hiding behind truck. He's got all his time to hide behind truck waiting to ticket someone but too busy to respond 911 call..
2nd ticket, the pig got pissed off because I changed lane in front of him. He stopped me and told me I was going over the speed limit. I asked how fast I was going, he said 30km over speed limit. I knew it wasn't true so I asked him if he was sure.. then he changes his word and says I changed lane w/o giving signal... which wasn't true either. I told him I am sure I did and my gf saw it too. then he goes 'you are driving recklessly, you can either accept speeding ticket, or get your car towed and license suspended for reckless driving' I got ticket and I disputed and I won.

Every night when I visit Tim Horton's donut, I guarentee you that cops are there. They get paid tax money to be on the street at night, to reduce crime rate, but they are too busy eating donuts at night...

Maybe it's just me having bad experience with them.. but I know from my exprience they ARE NOT there when you NEED them, but they're always there when you DON'T NEED them.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:19 PM
BENSIN

Originally Posted by toledo
Isnt this a get out of jail free card. Have them fix it.
I wish.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Lancaster

Wow, your grasp of valid comparisons and logical argument astound me.Why don't you just compare eating meet to drowning babies in a bathtub. lol
The point is:
No one speeds with the intent to hurt anyone, and in this instance, no one got hurt. Speed is not evil It's fun

Alright fine, a bad comparison on my part

Never said speed was bad. I didn't vilify speeding in general either. But there is a point where you can drive so fast past the posted limit, you can be stopped and have your freedom taken away because that's how the law is written.

I agree speed isn't evil. But you can't disagree with the fact that going 30+ mph over the limit is indeed, criminal. Regardless of whether you intend to hurt somebody or not.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:34 PM
B-Unit

And all he can say is "get a radar detector".

YOU my friend are irresponsible and do not deserve a car like the Z!!

<Shakes Head in shame>
Old 08-15-2005, 06:41 PM
B-Unit

Youve got to be kidding me with this line!!! From this and this alone, i can guarentee that you are under the age of 20, and thats a guarentee. Your mind is incapable of looking at things for their consequences and all you think a car is for is showing off! What a joke, its people like you that sportscar owners a bad name
Old 08-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Spideynw

Originally Posted by B-Unit
And all he can say is "get a radar detector".

YOU my friend are irresponsible and do not deserve a car like the Z!!

<Shakes Head in shame>
Irresponsible? How? I have never been in an accident. How about you?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:46 PM
BENSIN

Originally Posted by oldsnail
cop = pig why?

Every night when I visit Tim Horton's donut, I guarentee you that cops are there. They get paid tax money to be on the street at night, to reduce crime rate, but they are too busy eating donuts at night...

Maybe it's just me having bad experience with them.. but I know from my exprience they ARE NOT there when you NEED them, but they're always there when you DON'T NEED them.
That's been my experience, funny enough, there's a dunkin donuts a few blocks down from me and another one in the next town over, I see cops there so many times if my friends and I happen to be there. There hasn't been one time that cops weren't piling up there, literally they just sit there on their *** and drink coffee and eat donuts. They don't do any work except cruise around parking lots and BEEP BEEP WOOT WOOT, "GET OUT OF HERE, LEAVE THE PARKING LOT." So I guess they don't burn those calories and fall out of shape.

Forget my dumb, speeding, venting story, my friends and I have been harassed so many times by pigs with nothing better to do than to push their 'official' and bodily weight around. I'll give you an example, also at a donut shop. Local cop is sitting there, **** THIS **** THAT, **** YOU **** HIM, every other word coming out of his mouth is some vulgarity. My friends and I are talking, joking around and he gets into my pal's face asking him if he wanted to go to jail for 'disturbing the peace' and hell no we weren't. We weren't even cursing, we got yelled at and threatened because we were laughing...sorry! I can't make this stuff up, a walking contradiction? Hell yes, thanks a lot, PIG. To protect and serve...ha! What a joke, maybe for his ego...

I mean, I've been sitting in a car, in broad day light, with non-tinted windows, EATING A WHOPPER, cop comes up to me asks me what I'm doing and why I'm here. I'm eating a sandwich, thanks for your concern, if I was choking he probably wouldn't have come by though.

This one is my favorite though, 'bout 8 PM, I make a turn into a parking lot, and turn out onto the main road again, cop starts to follow me (he was in the parking lot). I knew this was coming, I said to my passengers, I bet you he's going to stop me right before I leave the town border, sure enough, lights go on, I pull over.

What were you doing in that parking lot? I answered him by telling him I was making a U-turn, nothing but the truth. Maybe next time someone is tail gating me on the highway while doing 60 he'll pull them over.

Sad part is, there really are some good cops out there, but 90% of cops fall into the PIG group.

NOTHING WRONG with someone for grabbing some caffeine on their late shift, but you've got a bunch of old men in police uniform, lusting for donuts and coffee. No disrespect, but if the average guy was stupid enough to get into a fight with an out of shape cop, they'd probably end up kicking ***. Except the cop has a gun, old guys who have nothing to do but push around little punks. Yes a lot of them are punks with egos just the same, but just like a good cop might have to be seen as a pig, so does a normal guy, who is responsible and has no intent in harming anyone.

To me that is the fairest way to look at it, you think I'm a punk, I think you're a pig, is either true? Not necessarily.

Also a question to any officers on here and with all due respect, why do cops sometimes tail gate a civilian driver? I've had this done to me many, many times...never asked before either, but I just remembered to.

There are two kinds of law enforcement, those who enroll to make a difference, and those, like I said earlier, enroll because they're scum of the earth that can't get respect any other way.

Flame on.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:46 PM
PDX_Racer

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Nope, I haven't done 140+ in my Z, because I haven't taken my car to a track day yet. No way am I going to be doing that on the street, highway, or freeway, having been a victim of a 100MPH+ rear-end collision (yes, I realize that I'm lucky to be alive, much less walking).
Oh, did I mention that the accident occurred at about 11 PM, and there were only three cars on the road -- me, the car I had just passed (and wasn't really far enough ahead to pull back in front of him safely), and the car that slammed into me.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:50 PM
BENSIN

Originally Posted by Lancaster
Alright fine, a bad comparison on my part

Never said speed was bad. I didn't vilify speeding in general either. But there is a point where you can drive so fast past the posted limit, you can be stopped and have your freedom taken away because that's how the law is written.

I agree speed isn't evil. But you can't disagree with the fact that going 30+ mph over the limit is indeed, criminal. Regardless of whether you intend to hurt somebody or not.

Totally agree...

Hell yea it's criminal, with traffic, light or heavy, traffic is traffic. Though as soon as there is no traffic in sight, ANYWHERE, if you're on a major highway...you might as well be on a track.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:53 PM
BENSIN

Oh, did I mention that the accident occurred at about 11 PM, and there were only three cars on the road -- me, the car I had just passed (and wasn't really far enough ahead to pull back in front of him safely), and the car that slammed into me.
Traffic is traffic, be it one car, 2 cars or a motorcycle, anything that involves traffic I agree with you. Doesn't matter where, or what time of day or what condition...

Maybe I should just get a bike...hmm...
Old 08-15-2005, 06:55 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by Wolverineut
Irresponsible? How? I have never been in an accident. How about you?

I must be confused, are you the original poster????

Quick Reply: Well, I guess I'm going to have to wait for the Z...again