Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ IS IN!!! WOOHOOO

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 12:41 PM
Flyingscot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck picking up your car!

Wednesday is out for me due to workloads, but, I'm sure we'll all hook up in January. You should also make a trip up to VIR in February even if you don't go out on track. You can come and watch and see if it is to your liking. Plus, more miles on the car

I'm up to 870. 1,500 here I come!

Fly
Old 12-15-2002, 12:44 PM
Eric1h

well, ill have 700 miles on my car after this WEEEK, i am going to drive it down to Greenville, SC and back this week in it, i really want to go up toi VIR, if i go im driving the track!
Old 12-16-2002, 05:01 PM
Flyingscot

Originally posted by Eric1h
well, ill have 700 miles on my car after this WEEEK, i am going to drive it down to Greenville, SC and back this week in it, i really want to go up toi VIR, if i go im driving the track!
Wow! 700 miles already. You must be cooking!

Okay, if you are ready for the track, here's what you need to do:

BTW, I spoke to my BMW friends and they are looking forward to us Z guys showing up at the February event at VIR.

#1. Join either the THSCC (www.thscc.com) or the Triangle Z club (www.trianglezclub.com).

#2. Go buy yourself a SA2000 helmet from http://www.thebellstore.com/Auto/pro.html
Just a simple M2 solid white for $300 will do unless you want to make a fashion statement

Other helmets and clothing items for the track can be found at:-
http://www.racerwholesale.com/
https://www.ogracing.com/eshop/default.asp

#3. Fill the forms out and send your check. Note: Registration will be open soon for the February event so keep an eye on the web site as some events can fill up within 2 weeks. Applications are handled strictly on a first come:first serve basis. All the clubs do this, however, club members usually get a 1 month to two week jump on Joe public because the off-line applications are sent out it the monthly newsletters.

#4. Two weeks prior to the event, go get your tech inspection at Krause & England (www.krauseandengland) or some other half decent place. It only takes a few minutes if you have a new or clean looking car. Take your pre-event tech form so they can stamp it. K&E probably won't charge you. The biggest thing they look for is fresh brake fluid and brake pads. Ideally, brake fluid needs to be no more than 3 - 4 months old. Six at most. And definitely no more than 1 weekend per bleeding.

#5. Change your oil and oil filter as close to the event as possible.

#6. Be at VIR (www.virclub.com) at 7am - 7:20am on Saturday.

#7. Have all your forms with you, including medical form, helmet release form (if available on-line), and completed tech form.

#8. Get ready for a weekend of entertainment.

Regards,

Fly

Last edited by Flyingscot; 12-16-2002 at 05:04 PM.