infiniteracing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soleil350z
ur a lucky man
Yeah I know. Thanks
Old 04-22-2007, 04:20 PM
TurboTrey

One time my ex-girlfriend thought she needed to drive my truck for the first time and she got stuck on a hill with a cop behind us. After trying during 3 green lights she finally gave up and we got to run around the car in front of the cop and drive off. Never let a girl try for the first time after she's been drinking.

Girls and sticks don't match up well.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:34 PM
azula

Originally Posted by Clapton9286
It all started after we got gas...this nice guy came up to me raving about the Z's and how he wants one but has to drive a company car instead. A kid with a stock WRX (the non-sti version) pulled up behind and seemed a bit cocky with his free-revving antics (you know the like..the guys who pull up anywhere and apparently need to rev it to 5K in first in order to park it correctly!). So after the chat, me and the lady went out of the gas station in "style" as one would call it, leaving behind only rubber.

She turns to me and says (with this absolutely adorable face) "Dylan, I have to learn how to drive stick...can I pleaaaaaase drive".
"No"
"Pleaaaase"
"How about a parking lot"
"No"

15 mins later we were in the parking lot of a Church. Needless to say, the 15 minutes had "changed" my mind so-to-speak. We swap seats and shes going about normally, doing what I tell her..and..to my disbelief...it moved?! Without..stalling? Of course as soon as I thought that she stalled putting it into second..apparently the idea of matching revs and keeping the gas up is lost on new drivers. We repeated the same process three times..her most successful time being the second, where she lapped the lot in first (and passed a moving car to my chagrin..).

Has anyone else been suckered into this? My heart just got so heavy seeing her face..and then it nearly exploded when she was in the car! Oi oi oi.

Just wanted to share my experience!

great frickin story dude!!! that was funny as hell
Old 04-23-2007, 12:29 AM
THE BARRON

my gf claimed she knew how to drive a "stick car". so i was showing her my dads 68 candy apple red mustang convert that i had been getting running again. and doing alot of work on. its a 4sp and i tried to teach her in that car. the big problem was stalling. not cause of the clutch but cause of the manual choke its got on the carb. you really have to keep the rpm's up somtimes to keep it running. espssialy when the engine is cold. and its not timed right cause the harmonic balencer has rust and i cant see the tick marks. but she had fun driving around the airport. thats where i learned to drive.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:42 AM
VicPham
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright...who raised this thread back from the dead. hahaha I see it is back from 2005.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:33 AM
black06z

only let one g/f drive my car, and that was a 93 Honda Accord. We'll leave it at that. If something would happen to my Z, I'd rather be the one driving it during that time.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:46 AM
Mukrat
Race Naked FTW!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I let my wife get in the drivers seat once to move the car... she couldnt find reverse and has never asked to be in the driver seat since :-D
Old 04-23-2007, 05:00 AM
blasian

I let my gf drive the Z and had all the confidence in the world that she would be okay. She has a manual 5th gen Prelude and 280Z

She handled the 350Z really well.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:37 AM
JDM SigEp Z33

i totally know where your coming from, but my girlfriend almost left my tranmission on the floor in the corner of my block.... but she did get it to move down the street except for dropping it into third where again she managed to almost leave the tranny on the floor lol but she did look cute driving!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Jenna03Z

hey we all had to learn at some time. the first manual car i drove was my dads mustang gt and i still remember how much my leg hurt the next day.

i think the z is the easiest car i have ever driven. my husbands 240sx can't idle and 1st and 2nd gear are gone and the 280z has no brake booster and i can barely push the clutch to the floor.

my abs did kill me after the first week driving the z because of the tight steering i guess?
Old 04-27-2007, 08:49 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I tought my girlfriend how to drive a stick. first was in my ford ranger but then we went to a local college and she drove the z in the lot. She did really good. stalled once the whole time.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:39 AM
26350z26

im 16 my gf is 15 she has no license but she wanted to pull out of her drive way so i didnt see any harm if worse comes to worst ill hit the e-brake so we have to reverse and her driveway has a front slope and it rolls foward into her garage if i dont be careful on what she does shes has never driven in the road with other cars so im kinda scared she is going to break my new z ha i no im crazy i tell her what gear how to get there what the clutch is and what to do...................all you hear is revvin while she is in reverse we start rolling and i hit the e-brake she gets out and says you drive haha i want to teach her but i dont want my clutch to be burnt out cause of her haha but its all good i guess she always gives me crap saying stick shift is easy this and that but im not pro at it still new to it getting good need to practice my downshifts but other than that i dont think she wants to learn how to drive a stick shift any time soon haha
Old 04-27-2007, 11:10 AM
infiniteracing

^^ holy long sentence batman!!!!
Old 04-28-2007, 03:44 PM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by infiniteracing
Old 04-28-2007, 06:31 PM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by infiniteracing
lol. I think he has all the periods there - except they are all stuck together.................
Old 04-28-2007, 09:28 PM
nathanwl2004

my girlfriend (now wife) taught me how to drive a manual. her first car was a stick and she wouldn't have it any other way.

for all you guys who are less fortunate. ha ha good luck
Old 04-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Jabdo233

Originally Posted by Clapton9286
It all started after we got gas...this nice guy came up to me raving about the Z's and how he wants one but has to drive a company car instead. A kid with a stock WRX (the non-sti version) pulled up behind and seemed a bit cocky with his free-revving antics (you know the like..the guys who pull up anywhere and apparently need to rev it to 5K in first in order to park it correctly!). So after the chat, me and the lady went out of the gas station in "style" as one would call it, leaving behind only rubber.

She turns to me and says (with this absolutely adorable face) "Dylan, I have to learn how to drive stick...can I pleaaaaaase drive".
"No"
"Pleaaaase"
"How about a parking lot"
"No"

15 mins later we were in the parking lot of a Church. Needless to say, the 15 minutes had "changed" my mind so-to-speak. We swap seats and shes going about normally, doing what I tell her..and..to my disbelief...it moved?! Without..stalling? Of course as soon as I thought that she stalled putting it into second..apparently the idea of matching revs and keeping the gas up is lost on new drivers. We repeated the same process three times..her most successful time being the second, where she lapped the lot in first (and passed a moving car to my chagrin..).

Has anyone else been suckered into this? My heart just got so heavy seeing her face..and then it nearly exploded when she was in the car! Oi oi oi.

Just wanted to share my experience!
Why on earth would you let your girlfriend drive your car?
Old 04-29-2007, 03:26 AM
VicPham
Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by Jabdo233
Why on earth would you let your girlfriend drive your car?
He probably cant tell you. Dude has not logged on this site since Christmas 2006.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Azrael Z06

The funny thing here is everyone I know can drive a maunal, including my wife! Although when we went looking for a car for her she had a very specific model, trim level, and now wanted an auto. After I daily drove the car we bought for her for about a year she got me out of it by arranging for me to test drive my current car.

While she can drive manual very well, including my 6 speed car with a Textralia OZ700 clutch; she just doesn't like having to do it anymore and prefers her auto car.

I must say putting the heavier clutch has kept a lot of people away from repeatedly asking to drive my "Z"; and compliments my aggressive driving style well!
Old 04-29-2007, 09:43 AM
zstreet86

i told mine she can learn when she puts $1000 in my hand for a new clutch

Quick Reply: So I let my girlfriend drive the Z..