Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z as a Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 05:24 AM
FreebirdZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperSprite
If your Pathfinder is any thing like my 2003, the Z will be more comfortable, even over potholes.

I would say the clear bra is a requirement for a daily driver and get it as soon as you possibly can. Z paint chips easy and the low flat front is a huge target.
I had a rock roll across the lower part of my hood (damn the dirt truck, damn them straight to heck) and it had no affect. How obvious the clear bra is depends on what color you have. My white car only shows at the lines and even then, only when you're close. If you look at my car here in the first pic http://www.hypersprite.com/auto/pict...09/default.asp you cant even see it. But it's not invisible. The thing I figure is, neither are the rock chips and they don't match the paint.

I just put 200 miles on my car today, and I would do it again tomorrow if I had some place to go. I figure the last thing I want, is to be laying on my deathbed thinking "Why on earth did I spend all those hours in a boring car?"

Life's to short!
Chris
Those are some beautiful pictures buddy
Old 08-31-2005, 06:05 AM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gringott
Yes, very good point. However, many times it is difficult to begin a conversation/have an icebreaker when you want to meet a person that you are interested in. Usually people meet other people when they have something in common, such as club membership, church attendence, they work at the same place, etc. Of course, love your car/ or conversations about a car do not mean "I want to have sex with you" and I do not get why you have such a gutter mind. My meaning was that the car can serve as a great "attention getter" if a person was interested in meeting new people and starting relationships. I am married, am not interested in, nor am I fishing for, a new relationship. If I was, however, the Z would certainly serve as a great ice breaker.
Geez, I didn’t think you’d take my post so seriously! I was just teasing you!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:44 AM
mugenmugen

i just got a junker car as a daily driver.
mainly to save gas $$ and to not rack miles up on my car

my new ride
1987 Toyota Tercel
115k miles

Its ugly, and embarassing to drive, but i dont care i guess...
Old 09-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Agent ONE

In my opinion, the only reason to get a Z is so you can have a sick looking car that you can drive every day. If I wasn't going to drive it every day, or it would be a second car or something, I would just get an Aston Martin or a Porsche.

BTW: I currently drive a 99M3 126 miles every day to work and back.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent ONE
BTW: I currently drive a 99M3 126 miles every day to work and back.
Supah Tease Mode : ON

Your car is six years old !

No wonder you don’t mind driving 126 miles a day, it’s already a beater !

Mouwahahaha

Funny how people who say they drive their Z all every days are usually the ones who simply cannot afford a second car…

I used to say that myself. Hehe

Now it's my 2002 Impreza during the week and my 2005 Z for the week-end.

Supah Teaser Mode : OFF
Old 09-01-2005, 03:24 PM
lehan

I believe the Z is one of the few true sports cars that are designed for every day driving - I drive my 04 Touring everyday - work, play, grocery shopping...you name it (even trips to Home Depot!) its my only car -

I just think having such a fun/reliable car sit around in the garage is a waste - you only live once, right? I take care of it well though and always wash it, wax it ...etc.

If I get $2k or $3k less because of the mileage when i sell it, who cares, its worth every mile/cent - Enjoy it...
Old 09-02-2005, 10:03 AM
kalima275Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lehan
I believe the Z is one of the few true sports cars that are designed for every day driving - I drive my 04 Touring everyday - work, play, grocery shopping...you name it (even trips to Home Depot!) its my only car -

I just think having such a fun/reliable car sit around in the garage is a waste - you only live once, right? I take care of it well though and always wash it, wax it ...etc.

If I get $2k or $3k less because of the mileage when i sell it, who cares, its worth every mile/cent - Enjoy it...
+1

I don't see the big deal. If I could afford an Enzo, I'd probably drive that thing everyday too. Why should I save mileage for the next guy who owns it? People get so uptight sometimes about conserving mileage when all they are doing is ensuring some other guy a car with low miles all the while never to benefit from that vehicle ever again.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:57 AM
tropicalypso

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kalima275Z
+1

I don't see the big deal. If I could afford an Enzo, I'd probably drive that thing everyday too. Why should I save mileage for the next guy who owns it? People get so uptight sometimes about conserving mileage when all they are doing is ensuring some other guy a car with low miles all the while never to benefit from that vehicle ever again.
interesting way to look at it
Old 09-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Vash350Z

Draily Driver! oh and check out www.350zclubofflorida.com
Old 09-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Vash350Z

i could afford a beater, but i just dont think i could walk passed the Z in the garage everday to hop into a 10 year old econo box.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:34 AM
Z_Driver
Master

My 350Z is my beater. It replaced my '84 300ZX Turbo AE for beater status a couple of years ago.

However, I do drive my '01 Pathfinder for towing / use on the Rubicon Trail during weekends whenever I get a chance.

Trucks are nice too !!! Especially, with all four wheels off the ground !!!

Nissan make some pretty tough stuff ......

I'm turning Japanese, oh yes I'm turning Japanese, I really think so!

Last edited by Z_Driver; 09-06-2005 at 04:51 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:44 AM
WaitilUseeMyZ

Just bought mine, replaced a 2000 Jetta VR6 GLX with 106k miles, was averaging close to 20k miles a year on that and see no change. I have had the Z for 2 weeks today and already put 1500 miles on it. I am a student so I don't really commute every day, I walk, but I get around on the weekends and when I do work I have to drive considerably, but yeah its my only whip, don't see any reason to drive anything else if I plan on having it for several years and not really worried about an extra $2 or $3 thousand in depreciation when I sell it...........plus it is a Nissan, same motor as they use in all their other cars, its not like it needs a $$$$ Ferrari style tune up/rebuild every few thousand miles or whatever...
Old 10-01-2005, 09:27 PM
GreenEnvy

Mine is a daily driver. I drive 60 miles a day going to work and back. I bought my Z last month, it had 66 miles on it and now I'm a little over 2,000. I put quite a bit of fun miles on it too. I feel a little bad about putting so many miles on it, so I'm probably going to move 5 miles from work next year.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Nismo 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is a daily driver. I've had mine since August 04 and I've got 7500miles on it. I drive from LA to Riverside on Mondays and back home on Fridays. When I am at school the Z just stays in the garage all day long. I take it out only when I need to. But on the weekend its a blast to just take it to Malibu or the OC and cruise with my gf. To me the Z is a perfect daily driver and weekend toy.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:47 AM
elms350Z

The Z makes a pefect daily driver. The mpg isn't as bad as a "real sports" car, plus its Nissan ; a reliable product, and lastly it doesn't have a ridiculous price tag. If I owned a 360 or something around that ballpark then it would definitely be a weekend car.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:04 AM
abyss

I plan on buying a Z as a daily driver and I work about 60 miles away from home. I put 41k miles on my car that was totalled out in june and it was just a little over a year old. If the car doesn't seem prone to problems I don't mind putting miles on them.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Titan0385

My Z is my daily driver. I put 13k on in 4 months commuting. Luckily for me I took the canyons to work everyday (45 miles one-way). Cars are ment to be driven and have fun do so. I have two other cars but prefer to drive the Z for MGP purposes (25+).
Old 10-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Brian350Z

Originally Posted by MyZ4U2C
I have a 2003 Z with 27K miles on it. It was my daily driver until i got stranded in a 1/2" of snow one time. I then bought an 87 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 for $2000 as my beater. I drive it in the winter and when its raining but in the last few months, the Jeep has turned into my daily driver and my Z has become my weekend whip.
Now let's be fair, that 1/2" of snow was covered in a layer of ice

If you're talking about the day back in January I'm thinking of, I felt lucky to get back home in my Z3. Took 9 hours to get 10 miles.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:28 AM
paulsmansfield

yeah, daily drive. I would have bought a more hardcore sports car otherwise, like a caterham 7 or Lotus Elise.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:53 AM
J's Z

The Z was my daily driver until I started commuting 110 miles a day. For that distance, it's not a great commuter car. It's just too stiff and loud for that amount of time.

Quick Reply: 350z as a Daily Driver