Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

turbo Z or c6...which would you go for?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Monsta

Received 261 Likes on 197 Posts

Depends on whats more important. Style or power. Style is more important to me than speedin everyday. Yeah I like to open it up but I look at my car more than i drive it. HAHA
Old 08-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Aloharacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i hadn't already dropped the money into my Z for the turbo and other required parts, i would have sold my z and gotten a C6.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:56 PM
matt sherman

thats where I'm at now. I don't think I want to put that much money into the car, when I can get a stock car thats more powerfull.

I like to base my decision on the overall package. Handling, low end, top end, comfort, luxury, style, sound, reliablity, modability. Everything put into one.

I still have a bit to decide as it's winter, and I'm waiting until spring to make my FINAL decision. Depends on how much the left over 05's are going for.

Matt
Old 08-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matt sherman
I'm between saving the cash ffrom the turbo for a downpayment on a c6. I can't decide on which one I would like better. I've driven the c6, I own the Z. I love the c6 in stock form. It's a phenomenal car. I've yet to drive a turbo Z or any forced induction Z for that matter. So i'm kind of looking for someone who's driven both and can compare the two.

Matt

Well I can't afford either one in those set ups. From a warranty standpoint, I would probably go with the C6. I like the front end of the C6 but I like the rear of the C5 better. On the other hand I like the looks of the Z pretty much all the way around.

If I was into horsepower and could afford the maintenace on the Vette, I would probably go with the Vette. On the other hand you could slap a Vortech on a base model Z and put out 400hp more or less, for about $6,000 more? So $27,000 plus $6,000 is like $33,000 where as a new Vette is like $45,000-$50,000?

Either one hauls a$$, so it's all good.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:33 PM
spacemn_spiff

Originally Posted by Chad68
I like the front end of the C6 but I like the rear of the C5 better. On the other hand I like the looks of the Z pretty much all the way around.
A used C5 Z06 will beat stock C6 anyday. I would choose that instead of C6. But since I like the looks and price of brand new Z more than either of those, I got the Z.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:43 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget both, get the C6 Z06.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:07 PM
matt sherman

Originally Posted by cloudy
Forget both, get the C6 Z06.

you're talking about 20-30,000 over budget

Matt
Old 08-26-2005, 09:12 PM
matt sherman

Originally Posted by spcemn_spiff
A used C5 Z06 will beat stock C6 anyday. I would choose that instead of C6. But since I like the looks and price of brand new Z more than either of those, I got the Z.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player....0C4FE&kw=2&p=0

the video isn't too great, and you can't really tell the times, but I'm going to venture to guess that the c6 held it's own

Matt
Old 08-26-2005, 09:40 PM
UsafaRice

Whatever you do, don't buy a 2005 C6. If you think the 1st year of Z cars had bugs, try the doors/ steering lock/ and starting mechanism of that car.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:12 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UsafaRice
Whatever you do, don't buy a 2005 C6. If you think the 1st year of Z cars had bugs, try the doors/ steering lock/ and starting mechanism of that car.
that crap drove me nuts to no end on my dad's C6

what was so wrong with a regular keyfob and a normal mechanical door handle?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:48 PM
cloudy

Originally Posted by matt sherman
you're talking about 20-30,000 over budget

Matt
In that case, buy a Z, and properly turbo it, meaning build the motor as well and all that other good stuff. That way you dont have to worry about how you voided your engine warranty.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:58 PM
nick120580

I would take the Z because its not domestic, and I would think an easier everyday driver.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:50 AM
matt sherman

Either way the car isn't a daily driver. And It will have to compete for nice day weather car with the bike.

Matt
Old 08-27-2005, 04:58 AM
TxTitan

Originally Posted by TK2005
I don't know if it helps your situation but seeing a C6 in TX is about as exciting as seeing a Camry. We're probably the Vette capital of the world.
+1
Old 08-27-2005, 07:36 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by Polo08816
How would you ever come to the conclusion that a Z or a turbo Z is "better" than a C6? You must be out of you're mind. Sure, a turbo Z might be faster than a C6 in a straight line, but I bet its also faster at breaking down. On top of that, the C6 Z51 will leave a Z in the dust through corners. It will be better for daily driving because of the torque. It also gets better gas mileage than a standard Z, not to mention a turbo Z. Furthermore, the Z is not designed to hang with a C6 of extreme speeds of 140mph+. The C6 has the better aerodynamics, allowing it to cruise all day at those speeds.
Here we go again with all you "would-be" track monsters. I would take a FI Z over a stock C6 any day. Unless you are fully sponsored and spend your year travelling the world to race comptetively, you are way out of line. The C6 takes corners better, really? I have driven both and when I am sitting at a red light waiting for the left arrow, they both seem to take that corner equally. When I am on the freeway and feel like punching it, the FI goes better than the stock C6. When I have to press the brakes to stop at a red light, they seem to work the same. As far as gas mileage goes, I think a 500rwhp Z gets just as good gas mileage as any 500 rwhp car if not better. If you are building an all-out race car then a C6 would be a better choice. I have said it before, there's a reason that the C5Rs and C6Rs are always finishing one and two. For an everyday street car, I take the Z. From an opinion stand point, the Z is more comfortable, it looks better with few mods, it demands at least the same attention if not more in my area, it handles as well as any car will EVER need to on the street, and has plenty of passing power. None of the things that make a C6 a better car are even realiazed on the street. It's like having a 10" d1ck and being ugly as ****. You are never going to get to use it. Unless you are a die hard Vette fan, there are better choices for street driving. I imagine that if you needed to outrun the police through a neighborhood with lots of streets and turns, it would come in handy for street driving. Short of that, I don't see the hype. Even when the Z06 does come out for nearly $80K or more with dealer markups, you still get Chevy quality and where are you going to use it that will outshine an FI Z on the streets except for from red light to red light with less than half a mile between them but even then with trap speeds over 120mph, you shouldn't be doing that between red lights anyhow.

Last edited by TK2005; 08-27-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:20 AM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by TK2005
Here we go again with all you "would-be" track monsters. I would take a FI Z over a stock C6 any day. Unless you are fully sponsored and spend your year travelling the world to race comptetively, you are way out of line.

Isn't it the other way around? If you were fully sponsored and race competitively then you should go with the FI 350Z because it's maintenance costs would be so much higher than a C6?

The C6 takes corners better, really? I have driven both and when I am sitting at a red light waiting for the left arrow, they both seem to take that corner equally. When I am on the freeway and feel like punching it, the FI goes better than the stock C6. When I have to press the brakes to stop at a red light, they seem to work the same.

If performance isn't the issue for you, why would you need a FI 350Z? You seem to be contradicting yourself. I don't think there would be a difference between a stock 350Z and a FI 350Z if you were sitting still at a light, now would there?

As far as gas mileage goes, I think a 500rwhp Z gets just as good gas mileage as any 500 rwhp car if not better.

Why would you think a 500rwhp Z would get better gas mileage than any other 500rwph car? HP rating is not indicative of EPA gas mileage ratings.

If you are building an all-out race car then a C6 would be a better choice. I have said it before, there's a reason that the C5Rs and C6Rs are always finishing one and two. For an everyday street car, I take the Z. From an opinion stand point, the Z is more comfortable, it looks better with few mods subjective - i think it kinda looks like a toad , it demands at least the same attention if not more in my area, it handles as well as any car will EVER need to on the street, and has plenty of passing power. None of the things that make a C6 a better car are even realiazed on the street. Better stability at higher speeds, faster acceleration, better braking, better gas mileage are some of the things that might distinguish a C6 from a Z It's like having a 10" d1ck and being ugly as ****. You are never going to get to use it. Unless you are a die hard Vette fan, there are better choices for street driving. I imagine that if you needed to outrun the police through a neighborhood with lots of streets and turns, it would come in handy for street driving. Short of that, I don't see the hype. Even when the Z06 does come out for nearly $80K or more with dealer markups, you still get Chevy quality and where are you going to use it that will outshine an FI Z on the streets except for from red light to red light with less than half a mile between them but even then with trap speeds over 120mph, you shouldn't be doing that between red lights anyhow.
You can get the Z06 without markups at major forum dealers like Kerbeck's and Maxie Price. They usually have large allocations that they don't need to markup cars.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:33 AM
BigMike

C6 hands down. Even is stock form its one of the best performance cars around. Plus it has a full warranty. If you mod your Z to try and get that performance, you run the risk of a fried engine with a big price tag to rebuild.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:38 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by Polo08816
You can get the Z06 without markups at major forum dealers like Kerbeck's and Maxie Price. They usually have large allocations that they don't need to markup cars.
You don't make sense at all. Here is why:

If you are fully sponsored and a competitive racer, you pick the winning car not the one that needs more maintenance so that you don't have to pay. That would be the C6 in this case.

Contradictary?????Are you kidding me? The topic of this thread is "turbo Z or C6"....That's why I choose the turbo Z for the comparisons. Plus, a turbo Z will cost less than a stock C6 anyhow.

If you think hp has nothing to do with gas mileage then there probably isn't even any reason to answer back on your next statement.

Your entire rebuttal is very weak and rather than attacking me you should try coming up with something that helps your argument......loser.

Last edited by TK2005; 08-29-2005 at 05:51 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:42 AM
zzz350

the front end of the c6 is a loser. The car looks like an asian women smiling at you, no that there is anything wrong with asian women, but I don't want my muscle car to look feminine. I have talked to many of my friends, some are current c5 owners and they all agree that the c6 just doesn't have the right look. The Z is way more sophisticated looking, and vettes are a dime a dozen, at least in Kalifornia.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Spideynw

You may want to look at this thread
https://my350z.com/forum/other-vehicles/137175-f-i-350z-or-corvette-c6.html

Quick Reply: turbo Z or c6...which would you go for?