Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Golden Opportunity to me

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 08:49 PM
Omega350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Golden Opportunity to me

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself finally. I have been surfing the forums seeing what is going on here. To be honest there seems to be a lot of bickering back and forth over the stupidest things and people turning threads from 350z compares to so and so car into a 350z manual vs 350z automatic threads. Anyways, I am going to give a try to sticking around here with hopes of seeing more useful information. The big thing that i thought i would share in my first post, I do not own a 350z yet. But, in teh past week of negotiating and trying to make a decision, i finally chose to go for a touring model 350z with LeMans/Burnt color combination. And guess what i find out after going home and logging into Nissan's US database to locate a car. I happen to find out that i was at the wrong dealership. One the other direction from my home just so happens to have the exact 350z i want, minus the aero kit which i can really live without for now. I call them up to find out about teh vehicles status, and then next thing i know i am picking myself up off the floor after passing out when i hear from the salesman that it is NOT sold and does NOT have a deposit on it. NO WAIT to drive home my new Z. All I have to do is go in tomorrow and put some money down on it. Strip my car back down to stock for trade in, then go back in and seal the deal. I dont think i will be able to sleep tonight knowing that i will be going to "see" my baby tomorrow. So unless some guy shows up with cash in hand tomorrow when they open and drive the car home, I am going to be a very happy person this weekend.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:10 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, Omega.

For those of us who are computer challanged, how did you access the Nissan dealer database?
Old 12-13-2002, 10:37 PM
kyle jones

be honest there seems to be a lot of bickering back and forth over the stupidest things and people turning
would that also include 'people bickering about other people bickering?'

Old 12-14-2002, 06:27 AM
Omega350Z

Originally posted by kyle jones
would that also include 'people bickering about other people bickering?'

This is my point exactly as why i was hesitant to choose this forum as my new online home of information. Ive made 1 post and already have someone at my throat about what ive said.

As far as accessing the online database, just go to www.nissanusa.com then chose the model you want, and then trim level, then instead of inputting your zip in the design your own box, add your zip to the box to search by dealer.

Also, once you do the search by dealer, you will be able to alter the distance in miles for the dealers shown.

The cars they have listed in the database are just a current stock list. You have to call them up to verify if the vehicle has been sold or not on your own, there is no way of knowing by the list.

Nice thing though is that the list is full featured so you will know the trim level, all the options on the vehicle and color combinations.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:33 PM
kyle jones

made 1 post and already have someone at my throat about what ive said.

I wasn't at your throat, simply poking some fun at your statement (notice the smiley face).

Non the less, I apologize if I offended you.
Old 12-14-2002, 07:13 PM
Omega350Z

Originally posted by kyle jones
I wasn't at your throat, simply poking some fun at your statement (notice the smiley face).

Non the less, I apologize if I offended you.
.....ehhhh. ok were still cool, for now. But yes, put my deposit on the car today, its sitting there, no one else is allowed to touch it until tuesday morning at opening if i dont drive home with it monday after work. Only blemish i found on teh car inside or out was a small surface scuff over the rear driver side fender that looks plenty shallow enough to be just buffed out by hand to prevent and swirling or clear coat damage on an otherwise perfect condition vehicle. only 25 miles on it and yes it was test driven, but this dealership is **** about letting the guy take it even over 3000 rpms. The test drive consists of basically bumper to bumper city traffic anyways so it didnt worry me. One concern though is that the VIN on the one i am buying seems relatively low. Can someone clarify if this is odd or not?

J***Z34****007557

Does this mean that it is car 7557 off the assembly line? It is a LeMans Sunset ext. with Burt Sienna Int. if that matters any?

And if so is it awkward to have such a low number on a car that is supposedly been on their lot for less than 2 weeks now?

edit: Ok, just threw the VIN into carfax and 0 records showed at all, i would assume that the first record is the transfer of the vehicle to buyer so i guess that its not a foster child at least.

Last edited by Omega350Z; 12-14-2002 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2002, 08:53 PM
jran76

There were somewhere around 7500 preorders, so I do not think that VIN is too low.... It was probably finished about 2 months ago. My VIN is 802....

Have fun, I love the car, and welcome to the board. There is lots of good info around, but just as any other forum I have been a part of, there is some BS to wade through.