Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are We Still Doing the Flash Your Lights Greeting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Racer Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Insanemonkeyboy
i saw 4 350z's today. one passed me in the car pool but thew up his hands for the wassup. two ignored me, and one smiled back when i gave her the thumbs up. 50/50.

Saw two older z's tho. no dice from them, not even a look.

True about the dudes in the older Z's....they act TOTALLY oblivious, almost like they don't recognize the car.

Wonder if Nissan would sponsor an official "Z Brotherhood Society". We could all get Secret Decoder Rings and shyt...or a "Wave at a fellow Z and Enter To Win a Contest!" ...LOL.

Lemme think some more on dis one!
Old 09-09-2005, 02:06 AM
zipgun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heck here in vegas when either my wife or myself is in the Z nearly all Z's ignore us like were not even there in fact since we got it, only 2 count em 2 Z's gave a nod. and its been over 6 months already, nowdays nada most Z or ZR's here seem to be driven by older owners 50-60's and they dont even give a second glance.

Now when were in the 4s and we see another porsche and it usually doesnt matter 993,996,997 whatever, older or younger ,female or male we usually get a wave a nod, sometimes even a hello and chit chat at the light etc.. sure there are some who ignore you but not many. Even when I rode my motorcycles, nearly every bike rider would give ya a wave. Just a shame its not the same with the Z.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:34 AM
Clapton9286

The only other experience I had with a Z was a black touring one that followed me for about 2 miles to the party I was headed too, slowed down, said something, sped away, then circled back about 10 mins later. Kinda creepy..lol
Old 09-09-2005, 05:42 AM
Racer Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Clapton9286
The only other experience I had with a Z was a black touring one that followed me for about 2 miles to the party I was headed too, slowed down, said something, sped away, then circled back about 10 mins later. Kinda creepy..lol

I don't know, buddy....This story sounds kinda fishy to me! I woulda said you had a stalker and left it at that!

BUT, you said it was TOURING model Z, which you wouldn't have known unless you ASKED that other person which model it was!

Hmmm?? I bet ya'll followed each other around till both of you ran outta gas....Was it another guy...was it an intense bonding moment?? LOL!!

JUST KIDDING, DUDE!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:48 AM
Clapton9286

lol...wow...well, i'm assuming...Burnt orange leather on a Super Black...18" wheels..I mean, it wasn't a track, and it wasn't Base or Enthusiast...and it wasn't a Roadster...then what the bloody hell was it?!?!

And what makes it creepier, is the girl who lives at the house (she was well aware of the incident, she was in the car when I was going there) said that he had come BACK the following day, slowed down to see what was going on in the driveway and skidaddled away. WTF!!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:12 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default The flash has several origins ...

one being the 300ZX community. It should carry over to the 350Z drivers. Give the flash. Promote the flash.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:18 PM
MADDOG`

Yep, still do it. I haven't kept track of the percentage of responses I get. I figure, those that know will flash back, those that don't are just another car owner and don't care. No worries for me. I enjoy being "flashed"! hehehehe...
Old 09-11-2005, 11:11 AM
wireben

Dallas Z Owners are responsive. I know that if their is a Z on the road around me, I notice it and wave. Matter of fact I am waiving at the screen is I type...What's up Z owners!!

Old 09-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Zexy

I give up doing so unless it is modded.

Plus 90% of people driving them in Florida are super OLD.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:08 PM
tree phidday

I see a handful of Z's down here in So.FLA. We usually nod to each other or give a wave if our windows are down. It's nice to be part of such a loving family !
Old 09-11-2005, 11:02 PM
shytoughguy

I'm in Chicago IL and I get a pretty good response. Maybe 75%. Although in addition to the light flash, I add a honk and a wave. Kind of dorky, but I love them Z's and I know there are people out there just like me..
Old 09-12-2005, 04:41 AM
jclayton

Talking

Originally Posted by Zexy
I give up doing so unless it is modded.

Plus 90% of people driving them in Florida are super OLD.
Hey I represent that remark!!! LOL

Zexy what do you consider super old. I am 51 years young and having a ball in my Z. I flash and/or wave everytime I see a 350 and give thumbs up to any other Z and I am getting a response from 80% or better.

There is a 260Z in my neighborhood that is driven by an 70+ lady and she bought it brand new and won't "give it up for the world" as she told me one day when we were talking.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:34 AM
paco3131

yeah jeeps have the best waves. I just sold mine to get the Z. everytime I gave the jeep wave. They responded. So lets pratice and we oneday might have them beat
Old 09-12-2005, 06:48 AM
Sly_Z

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
I read in this forum a long time ago that Z owners would often hi-beam each other when passing as a form of greeting or acknowledgement. I've done this to a few owners in MD and been ignored
So much for Zolidarity

Oh That was you!!! Sorry about that . j/k
Old 09-12-2005, 08:18 AM
tmb

Originally Posted by redvert
i live in md over by annapolis. if you high beam i will acknowledge. look for a new daytona blue roadster
Me too. Look for a Red Coupe

Just curious - do you know where Mike's Crabhouse is?
Old 09-12-2005, 09:20 AM
tropicalypso

Originally Posted by tree phidday
I see a handful of Z's down here in So.FLA. We usually nod to each other or give a wave if our windows are down. It's nice to be part of such a loving family !

I also reside in Southern Florida, I can't recall when I haven't gotten a response.

In fact, I am such a mark for Z's, that I will purposely drive along side or with another Z.

...but then again, I'm a dork
Old 09-12-2005, 09:36 AM
atar350

Here in the capitol of Cali, I see quite a few Z's, about 3 out of 10 are driven by women 30+ years of age, pretty good looking to (MILF) I usually just smile and get one back.

When I see a young guy driving one, I usually run up on it with the JWT growling and give them a thumbs up, there was this Brickyard with a chrome grill (like denali) that I got up next too and the guy wouldnt even look over, I didnt try, just let him be, some people are just annoyed I guess.

Most recent sighting, Sunrise BLVD near Citrus Heights, Black Z, exhaust, and Black rims....
Old 09-12-2005, 05:48 PM
redvert

Just curious - do you know where Mike's Crabhouse is?[/QUOTE]
yea i know where mikes crabhouse is. in riva on riva rd
Old 09-12-2005, 06:43 PM
angelzhope720

Originally Posted by jvanquish
lol
remember alot of rednecks dont use the internet...
and more than 51% of the country since 2004 are redneck suspects lol...

LOL what do people on this site have againest rednecks
Old 09-13-2005, 12:36 PM
Forrest80

So far i have seen very few other Z's. I try to make eye contact so i can wave to them, but i KNOW they can see my Z but they do not make eye contact so i can wave. I hope one day though i find some one who drives a Z and its heavly modifyed so i can drool on it in person hehe.

Quick Reply: Are We Still Doing the Flash Your Lights Greeting?