Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Low J.
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pstyle
to bad it's FWD

+1

we went and checked out the TL's about a month ago and never even went for the test drive. The car was so bland and lifeless I didn't even bother. I was surprised how boring it was up close......just a big Accord/Camry type luxo-commuter (yawn).
Old 09-22-2005, 12:53 PM
taurran

Yeah, comparing these two cars is like apples to oranges. They look nice though.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:35 PM
hitop

That's too bad, I kinda looked at that car and since I owned an Integra prior I did like Acura, but, it's a 4 door and it looks like a family car ultimately. Are you married with kids? Nothing striking about the car as it goes down the road, that can't be denied even if it's modded. Kind of like a modded Altima. Anyway, good luck man.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Z33Concept

Originally Posted by SangWL
of course it's not breakin even, i just feel like i have. I know i've spent $$$$$$ on the mods and stereo stuff, but all in all it feels like i broke even.

as for what i'm getting now?

picking up the the TL.

got the anthracite TL with Nav.

planning on making it look like this in the future.

sang
MANUAL OR AUTO??
Old 09-22-2005, 05:22 PM
SangWL

Originally Posted by hitop
That's too bad, I kinda looked at that car and since I owned an Integra prior I did like Acura, but, it's a 4 door and it looks like a family car ultimately. Are you married with kids? Nothing striking about the car as it goes down the road, that can't be denied even if it's modded. Kind of like a modded Altima. Anyway, good luck man.

the reason why i sold the Z was cause i'm planning on getting married, i need a bigger car, with good gas mileage, something that isn't boring.........something comfortable, and plus its a honda, i had the best experiences with honda.

as for the manual vs auto question, i'm going to get auto this time cause the future wife doesn't know how to drive manual, plus better resail value in auto and its going to be easier to sell.

sang
Old 09-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Electricchild

I like the new TL--- I just love the interiors of all the Acura vehicles. The blue color of the dash in the TL is really nice, and properly equipped comes with a wealth of technology. But you don't get that tech. w/o paying more... oh well thats the case with everything isn't it!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:49 PM
typhaon

the reason why i sold the Z was cause i'm planning on getting married, i need a bigger car, with good gas mileage, something that isn't boring.........something comfortable, and plus its a honda, i had the best experiences with honda.

as for the manual vs auto question, i'm going to get auto this time cause the future wife doesn't know how to drive manual, plus better resail value in auto and its going to be easier to sell.

sang
Old 09-23-2005, 05:02 AM
Albopballer

Default Nice Car Sang

[QUOTE=SangWL]of course it's not breakin even, i just feel like i have. I know i've spent $$$$$$ on the mods and stereo stuff, but all in all it feels like i broke even.

picking up the the TL.

sang[/QUOTE

Hey sang,

You dont know me and i obviously dont know you, but that Z you had was bad *** man. I loved what you did with it. I got a few things to say though.

A. I know exactly what you are doing with buying the TL, Before i got my Z i swear to God i almost picked up that TL, with navi, auto, only because that thing is beatiful, smooth, it has refied flow lines through the roof to decklid, its a gorgeous car with a unreal interior, Acura did a wonderful job. Acura's interiors are just getting better and better. And as you, my family was GM, then we became Honda Inc. lol but I bought a Nissan go figure.

B. As for everyone else, I love my Z car, but unlike sang, Im a 22 year old college kid punk who's a year from graduating, and most likely, when im 25 or 26 and getting married, my Z car will be out the door for probably a high end Acura, or that new INfiniti M, omg....beatiful.

C. Sang I do have to ask you a few questions tho....I want to relive the look of your car through me...out here in Metro Detroit Michigan! ....what was the body kit you purchased on your Z, and what is the Navi system and Radio/dVd system you put in your car, and where is the best place to purchase all this stuff....Man Your car was smokin.

D. Congrats on your marriage/engagement, and good luck with that good lookin TL .
Old 09-26-2005, 06:54 AM
SangWL

[QUOTE=Albopballer]
of course it's not breakin even, i just feel like i have. I know i've spent $$$$$$ on the mods and stereo stuff, but all in all it feels like i broke even.

picking up the the TL.

sang[/QUOTE

Hey sang,

You dont know me and i obviously dont know you, but that Z you had was bad *** man. I loved what you did with it. I got a few things to say though.

A. I know exactly what you are doing with buying the TL, Before i got my Z i swear to God i almost picked up that TL, with navi, auto, only because that thing is beatiful, smooth, it has refied flow lines through the roof to decklid, its a gorgeous car with a unreal interior, Acura did a wonderful job. Acura's interiors are just getting better and better. And as you, my family was GM, then we became Honda Inc. lol but I bought a Nissan go figure.

B. As for everyone else, I love my Z car, but unlike sang, Im a 22 year old college kid punk who's a year from graduating, and most likely, when im 25 or 26 and getting married, my Z car will be out the door for probably a high end Acura, or that new INfiniti M, omg....beatiful.

C. Sang I do have to ask you a few questions tho....I want to relive the look of your car through me...out here in Metro Detroit Michigan! ....what was the body kit you purchased on your Z, and what is the Navi system and Radio/dVd system you put in your car, and where is the best place to purchase all this stuff....Man Your car was smokin.

D. Congrats on your marriage/engagement, and good luck with that good lookin TL .

PM me.

Thanks for the love................

sang
Old 09-26-2005, 07:05 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zless
wow, you broke even!

Looks like you did allot of mods though, how much did you spend on the car when you had it? if its $0, then wow you really broke even!
You drove the car for 3 years for free. Wow. I cant find anyone to buy my gasoline and make my insurance payments.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:16 AM
spacemn_spiff

One of the gripes that I have with the current TL is that the same body style is sold in europe as an Accord. That just makes me rethink buying Acuras. In a few words, to me its a glorified Accord.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:59 AM
SangWL

Originally Posted by spcemn_spiff
One of the gripes that I have with the current TL is that the same body style is sold in europe as an Accord. That just makes me rethink buying Acuras. In a few words, to me its a glorified Accord.
no doubt, more for a reason to buy it.

my current situation really doesn't give me to much room for horsepowered cars. If you look at the industry today, my only options towards to somewhat luxary sports sedan around the $35,000 range are as such:

1. Nissan Maxima SL
2. Acura TL
3. G35x
4. BMW 325 (which is a piece of crap, the 330 is so much better but priced around 41,000)

The TL is a honda Accord. But i'm buying it because it is a HONDA. My best experience owning a car was with my Prelude. I'm looking for a product with the same integrity and style.

TL brings that both for me.

If i could afford two cars, i would buy the 2006 Z and the TL, but i can't. The "woman" drives the 2004 A4 and now i'm with the TL.

Sang
Old 09-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Clapton9286

So why can't you just use the womans car as the designated 4 door?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:50 AM
spf4000

The new G35 sedan with 295 HP is pretty cool--how about that one? Don't care for the looks?
Old 09-26-2005, 11:42 AM
SangWL

Originally Posted by Clapton9286
So why can't you just use the womans car as the designated 4 door?

my job requires me to drive a lot and to carry stuff. The z can't do that any more. I guess, i've realized my priorities in life right now and i have to take a step forward to make the right decisions. now.

plus the woman is an architect, always carrying boards and tubes, she needs the 4 door as well, plus she has a longer commute then me so she needs the better AWD car during our New England Winters.

sang
Old 09-26-2005, 11:43 AM
SangWL

Originally Posted by spf4000
The new G35 sedan with 295 HP is pretty cool--how about that one? Don't care for the looks?

buddy has teh g35 sedan, i love the car, but like the style of the TL better. plus i rather have a honda product now over a nissan product.

sang
Old 09-26-2005, 12:21 PM
spf4000

plus i rather have a honda product now over a nissan product.
Yeah, I see your point there... My Acura was a lot more solid than the Z.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Z053

I think the European and Japanese Accord is the TSX, not the TL.

Old 09-26-2005, 12:59 PM
maxipad96

Is your selling price w/ or w/o mods?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Lemans350

Quote:

I think the European and Japanese Accord is the TSX, not the TL.
+1 i was just about to say that, although they look similar, but the TL is slightly bigger, but from what i've heard interior-wise it's no roomyer.
Nice choice though.